FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How would you personaly define a "quality" post?






Do you think my definition is close or atleast acceptable?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Kinda
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

lilrage
How would you personaly define a quality post? I would define it as a post that is atleast 3 sentances long. Has a clear subject. Must be relevant to the topic. And has some kind of structure.

That is how i would define a quality post. Please post your opinions and definitions.
bananaphone
All of the above - and it must be RELEVANT!!
gonzo
bananaphone wrote:
RELEVANT!!


uhh relevant TO WHAT?
lilrage
i knew i was missing something....i edited my first post to include it
EtherealDesert
Well. It's not hard to say what a quality post has to contain (you said it yourself), but the thing about the good Frihost threads, are that they usually are ignited by the need for points, but in the support section people really tend to do their homework. It's fueled by the need of tech. support and friendly people answer and make their points. That's the way to go I think. Specific forums with real questions and a bunch of tech. people Razz
mustaq
qulaity post mean short and simple and easy to under stand not so long which is reallly boring to read
lilrage
yall are all talking to unspacific. I was asking for spacific definitions like mine. my definition was exact but still had alittle flexablity. can you please try to get a little clearer and spacific definitions?
lucifertje
i think quality post means a post that has a significant impact on community.
post as "i think so too" and "no, you're wrong" do not qualify.

you should be to the point, clear and have a specific message that will add value to the forum.
but that's just my opinion
ocalhoun
It shouldn't have a minimun length: sometimes you can say a lot with a little.
davmcmul
I agree totally with the first definition, but i would add to it that a quality post must add to the argument (i would be so bold as to assume that every thread is an argument...), it is possible to fulfill those criteria without giving any new points. I hate it when people make posts that are exactly the same as what other people say (regardless of whether copied or not) because we've discussed that already, and we shouldn't have to explain that to everyone....

one last thing: it has to be coherent.
lilrage
if you look at my past posts whould you consider them quality posts? according to the site admins they are not. quality post cant be spacificly define due to the fact that the definition of quality changes with everyones opinion.
excel
gonzo wrote:
bananaphone wrote:
RELEVANT!!


uhh relevant TO WHAT?


Bongo drums, lima beans..... You know Wink
lilrage
excel wrote:


Bongo drums, lima beans..... You know Wink


how was that post relivent to anything at all?
mike4652
Some people post just to be herd, others post to add insight or personal views to a certain subject. A good post should be more than just wanting to be herd. When I reply to a post it is because I feel that I have something to add to what is being said. You can see a lot of post on this board that just state "thats cool, me too, and a bunch of other meaningless phrases."
One thing for sure before I post I try to read all the other posts before I add my post. Laughing
lilrage
i dont post just to post or to be heard i post to get my point across. if u read my past posts they all have a personal touch and not one is the same.
mike4652
Quote:
How would you personaly define a quality post?

I was just adding my opinion, not making any referance to anyone.
I feel that a lot of folks have a lot of interesting things to talk about. But some just like to post just for the sake of posting. Laughing
Billy Hill
mike4652 wrote:
Quote:
How would you personaly define a quality post?

I was just adding my opinion, not making any referance to anyone.
I feel that a lot of folks have a lot of interesting things to talk about. But some just like to post just for the sake of posting. Laughing


I have a ham sandwich. Wink
drunkfun
by far the most annoying is when there is a topic and a good conversation going on and some idiot posts something totally irrelevant and selfish for example:

Subject: What is your favourite beer?

poster 1: What do you all think is you favourite beer. I like Carlsberg

poster 2: Yeah carlsberg is good, has anyone here tried Leffe Blonde?

poster 3: Leffe is amazing, also try other Belgian beers

poster 4: Belgium is a great country, beer, fries and chocolate

poster 5: ohh definetely, my favourite Belgian beer is Duvell

poster 6: I don't drink beer


SERIOUSLY, WHO F*CKING CARES? why would you bother posting something that gives nothing to the conversation and ruins what was a good line of conversation. You all know who you are. Im watching....
Nameless
The way i see it, there is no simple definition for a quallity post. But I'd say to take some key factors like these:

* Decent length (Paragraph)
* Very long (several paragraphs)
* Adds own opinion, and gives reasons for
* Humourous
* Adds something NEW to the discusion
* Readable
* etc so there were 10 things

And then it would be like:

* 9 - 10: High quallity post
* 6 - 8: Quality post
* 3 - 5: post
* 1- 2: Irritating post
* 0: Spam.
DJHicks
like its been sed it all depends...

a post in say the jokes section etc, need not be relevent and most humourous remarks/comments are random and off subject....

at all times a post should be polite, rather then saying, well i think ur a dickhead because u dnt agree with wat there saying, simply put you disagree, then explain way!

that brings me to another point... wen making posts re-read them before submitting and make sure they could not be mis-understood, if there is the possibility then explain your point a bit more....

another thing to remember is everyone is different, has different experiences and therefore different opinions...

i, my self, have disagreed with alot of wat people have sed about software and hardware etc... but have always tried to be constructive by saying why i disagree and the problems ive had with it... then more experienced users could say well turn off this feature and that wouldnt happen!

see wat i mean!

lol

Laughing

i know i rabbit on! lol
n0obie4life
This post above me is a quality post.

^

And I meant DJHicks one.
lilrage
ok n0ob ypur post was just a quick comment not a quality post and you didnt even post your definition of a quality post
n0obie4life
You wanted to know what's a quality post.

I'm telling you DJhicks post is what I call a high quality post.

Define one?

useful. longer than 2 sentences. meaningful. understandable. not pointless. adds on to the discussion. not copied and pasted.

Sorry. didn't understand the topic well at my first read Wink
godam64
quality post is just keep in touch with the main topic & the rest of conversation. it don't need any long message.

it would look silly if you push your self to make 3 sentences.
drunkfun
I hate everyone on this goddamn forum. And Sean says he hates you if you're ugly
LostOverThere
A Quality post in simple, is something we meaning, that helps add something to the conversation, or helps someone.

I do not believe 5+ lines = quality, sometimes you don't have to say much to get your point accross.
gonchiweb
well, a quality post, i think, its determinated by it relevance, and not for longitude (although i think that posting one icon or word is stupid annoying). The spelling and grammar,must be at least understable Wink
see ya Very Happy Arrow Wink
Dark-Tech
gonchiweb wrote:
well, a quality post, i think, its determinated by it relevance, and not for longitude (although i think that posting one icon or word is stupid annoying). The spelling and grammar,must be at least understable Wink
see ya Very Happy Arrow Wink



exactly what he said except you have to replace "longitude" with length
un4saken
mine is not a quality post (errm..maybe now it is?)
jazrt
this topic on a quality post has been very informative.
It's great that people can string intelligible words together, to interest to readers. To add to the subject. And to create an ongoing informative discussion.

Bravo, bravo, bravo.

what about those people whose eloquence is not in verbal ejaculation, but rather in the area of creative visuals.
So therefore I am handicapped in the way of not being an express myself verbally.
Although it is a way of being increase your ability do so and and develop in that area of verbal diarrhoea.

Sometimes there is a much more purity in just the pure visual.
So hail to you verbal Gods.
Where sunshine is from your crack..

as your verbal garbage, rots and stinks leaving a decaying wasteland.
as those that are more visual in their expression are laid to waste.
SunburnedCactus
Yeah, what you were saying about verbal diarrhoea...

Rolling Eyes

A good example!
rohan2kool
Well, for me it requires only 4 conditions:

*It should have a topic that MAKES SENSE
*It should give out some meaning, something useful or something that is worth reading
*It should be atleast 3 paragraphs long
*It should not be written by me Wink
Related topics
5 posts only..?
Les 5 messages
useless posts
my world rocks
Changements to the Points/frih$ system (Discuss)
5 quality posts
About 5 quality post
Quality Posts
Get 10 FriH$ per (sign up + 2 post)
an auto accepter for the host requsets
What's 5 quality posts ?
Change the featured discussions
Should quality be taken into account for ranking?
Forum Philosophy
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.