FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

KF web server

mark
Has anyone ever tried using KF web server? Well, it is a web server that allows you to host an unlimited number of websites and supports nearly all web programming languages.

I recently downloaded the web server and I have a fairly basic problem. When I type in my IP address to see if the server is running OK, it gives me a message saying that your website is up and running. Replace this file with your home page. My question is, how do you do that? I browsed the whole of the administration control panel but I couldn't fine anything that allows me to replace the index.html page.

I would appreciate if you could provide me a solution on this. If you would like to download the web server go to www.keyfocus.net and search for KF web server.
bananaphone
There may not be an index.htm file to replace - some servers automatically generate a "page under construction" message when they don't find one.
Try uploading something to the public_html folder - if there is one.
Otherwise, put something different into every folder on the server and see which one you can access.
Naif
Go to the folder where you installed the webserver... you'll find a directory with the name htdocs or public_html or something similar... or just search the installation directory for an index.html file, the folder in which it resides will be the folder where you'll be placing all your webpages.

By the way, why KF and not apache?
mark
I preferred KF because its a bit more sophisticated.

PS: Thanks for the tip guys. I now have the server up and running and recheable properly.
varundesi
thanks for the info.