FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who used the chemical weapons?

jmraker
There's a couple of reports that say that the rebels were behind the use of chemical weapons. Supposedly the people there have said they believe the rebels had chemical weapons, there's another story about how the rebels have admitted to having and mishanded the weapon(s).

http://mintpressnews.com/witnesses-of-gas-attack-say-saudis-supplied-rebels-with-chemical-weapons/168135/
http://www.globalresearch.ca/syrians-in-ghouta-claim-saudi-supplied-rebels-behind-chemical-attack/5347487

http://intellihub.com/2013/09/01/syrian-rebels-anonymously-admit-responsibility-chemical-gas-attack-damascus-claiming-accident/

Have these reports been discredited?
If not, who do you think used the chemical weapons?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/11/syria-al-qaeda-connection/2075323/
deanhills
Anything is possible jmraker and at the same time far fetched, but if I had three choices -rebels supported by US financial support, rebels supported by Islamists in Middle East outside Syria - including rebels that fled the country, Assad and Military I'd rank them in order of most likely:

1. Rebels supported by ME Islamists outside Syria (may include sponsors from Saudi as well as rebels that had to flee the country)
2. Rebels supported by US financial support - in something that was bungled and went wrong - we'll get to see a movie about it one day
3. Assad and Military
biolu
It is more likely that Assad regime used the chemical weapons, they are actually testing the "West" to see when they are going to react. So far not lot of action though...
standready
I don't know who used the chemical weapons but I think the US should attend to it's own matters not stick it's ass in the rest of the world's problems.
deanhills
biolu wrote:
It is more likely that Assad regime used the chemical weapons, they are actually testing the "West" to see when they are going to react. So far not lot of action though...
Assad is an educated and sophisticated professional with many years experience in the job of President and knowing his adversaries. I can't see him being that dumb.
biolu
Sometimes, you just have to take the bet...
Still, rumours are that Assad himself did not order the chemical attack, but it was some officers who decided that on their own.
deanhills
biolu wrote:
Sometimes, you just have to take the bet...
Still, rumours are that Assad himself did not order the chemical attack, but it was some officers who decided that on their own.
Ahhhhh right .... dem rumours - like incessant bullets with power of killing in their own right! Wonder where they originated from? Twisted Evil
Bluedoll
standready wrote:
I don't know who used the chemical weapons but I think the US should attend to it's own matters not stick it's ass in the rest of the world's problems.
I think it is better to stay out of conflict around the world however maybe it is not a question of who did this war crime act but the fact that it was done.

At one point people thought that it didn't happen at all, there wasn't enough proof. Well, do we think it is true now? Do you think it is "ok" for some nations or groups to have weapons of mass destruction? If no should the use be ignored. If yes then what about the ones that have sworn to use them and do? Still ok? These questions have already been asked by people around the world.
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
standready wrote:
I think it is better to stay out of conflict around the world however maybe it is not a question of who did this war crime act but the fact that it was done.

At one point people thought that it didn't happen at all, there wasn't enough proof. Well, do we think it is true now? Do you think it is "ok" for some nations or groups to have weapons of mass destruction? If no should the use be ignored. If yes then what about the ones that have sworn to use them and do? Still ok? These questions have already been asked by people around the world.
Well said BD. My only problem is when this is used as an excuse to make war on the country that is "suspected" of using chemical weapons. The last time that suspicion led to thousands killed in Iraq, the whole country being made even more unstable than it was under Saddam Hussein, and its development set back by at least a few decades. Why is the US not invading Israel, as not only does Israel have plenty of sophisticated weaponry available that qualify for mass destruction, but the whole world knows that it would only require a tiny spark from Iran, for Israel to use it. I'd say it is putting the world far more at risk than Syria could ever dream of doing.

What I'm trying to say is that the US seems to be very selective of which country it is targeting for invasion. Preferably weak, and vulnerable, and definitely strategic. It's been targeting Syria for years now. And there is a distinct pattern in that targeting as well, particularly on the media front. Start with identifying a dangerous rogue and build him into a really bad BAD boogie man. Then drum up plenty of evidence against him, into a reason for making economic war on him and his country so as to get them to be even more weak and unstable. As nothing to fuel civil war more than economic instability. One could argue any way one likes, when war is made against Assad, by implication the war is made against Syria as well. Every one loses in Syria. Iraq is a classic example of exactly that.
bukaida
It does not matter who did the brutal incident that killed innocent children. In recent years, the women and children are being used as shield expecting humanity from the other side in various places. Most of the cases , the other side is treating all of them equally without any mercy.
B88maritime
Probably both sides are using chemical weapons. The civil war is dragging on for the longest time and desperate people resort to desperate action.
ohlee
if you sarin is nasty stuff,try some nalpalm or shower in Agent Orange.

who shop, who didn't - very murky wold, jihadihs, rouge assad agents - who kwows some one else but the Obama. No Credability Its a war in 1 murky world.

Go Puti XYU DENG
biolu
Anyway, it was not me ;P