FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver

supersonic2
Who uses dreamweaver to build there website? I just started using it reccently. It is awsome. I like the coding features on it. It even has error checks and that is just two of the features. I couldn't even tell you all of them.
bananaphone
seanooi
I just started using dreamweaver too, and I can only use it for basic stuffs at the moment. But overall, it's a very nice program to use, would recommend it to those out there who are experienced computer users
shaggly
I use the Macromedia 8 Studio, along with Photoshop CS 2, and I've found that personally the combination of the two is awesome for my needs.
Cridiron
I've been using dreamweaver for almost a year now. It's a beautiful program. It's great for clean looking html pages. It's also great for editing php and other types of code cause different commands are color coded, which makes it easy to read.
driftingfe3s
I used dreamweaver to build my current website which is on my school's webspace. I started using it about a year or two ago, following tutorials I found on the net, in combination with Photoshop. Sill, I'd like to learn how to really use Dreamweaver to make my site more dynamic. Anyone have any links to some good Dreamweaver tutorials.
nntien
supersonic2 wrote:
Who uses dreamweaver to build there website? I just started using it reccently. It is awsome. I like the coding features on it. It even has error checks and that is just two of the features. I couldn't even tell you all of them.

I usually use some Web templates to build some website. So, I take a less time to finish my work. We can plan to optimize our time. Time is gold!
Best regards,
NNT
intel17
I just got a er version of Dreamweaver, its alot better than MS Front page. I normaly just code useing Books and the web and Notepad, and its much better beacuse with DW it writes out the code in a User frendly way, much better than MS FP
amaudy
shaggly wrote:
I use the Macromedia 8 Studio, along with Photoshop CS 2, and I've found that personally the combination of the two is awesome for my needs.

me too.

reason for I use Macromedia Studio 8
1. It all-in-one tools
I use Firework for create vector graphics, Use Flash for animation, and use Dreamweaver for coding/edit webpage.
2. Macromedia Dreamweaver support PHP coding.
3. Macromedia Dreamweaver support Site manager for manage many site in 1 program, the site manager including FTP synchronize.
4. Macromedia Dreamweaver support site templates, It make me easy for maitenance website.
5. I very like Flash VDO features, It easy to use in webpage (easy than use Windows Medias from Microsoft).
MoonMonkey
Is dreamweaver an easy app to get into??

Just starting in web design and was interested in what would be the best app to use.... Question Question
rohan2kool
Well, dreamweaver is not at all a difficult app to get started with it. It's a great tool with support for almost all of the objects commonly used in web pages nowadays. However, it would have been really nice if it could actually render PHP pages acting as a psuedo server and use php.exe just like Apache or Diablo would do... and show it in a quick preview pane...
shaggly
rohan2kool wrote:
Well, dreamweaver is not at all a difficult app to get started with it. It's a great tool with support for almost all of the objects commonly used in web pages nowadays. However, it would have been really nice if it could actually render PHP pages acting as a psuedo server and use php.exe just like Apache or Diablo would do... and show it in a quick preview pane...

I completely agree m8.

I set up an Apache server along with a mySQL, and PHP (AMP) installation on my own PC to mimic my site accurately prior to uploading, but the one thing that I find a little annoying is the fact that the preview view in DW is pretty bad at showing php elements. It seems to cope with most other languages very well, but php is a sticking point (I wonder if this is due to a beef with the open source concept?).

However, having the AMP setup on my Pc does enable me to test any pages in my browser using a server environment prior to any uploads to my frihost domains.