FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who Likes cPanel

On a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the best, 1 being the worst) How would you rate cPanel.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

supersonic2
I was just kind of curious. Who likes the cpanel style of web administration? I personaly like it beacuse of its seperate layout and how easy it is to use. It is also a really powerful control panel.
n0obie4life
Depends on what cpanel you are talking about.

Cpanel with Fantastico? Or Cpanel without Fantastico?
supersonic
I am refering to cPanel with fantasico.
n0obie4life
I'll give it a one then Wink.

Cpanel with Fantastico sucks - I would have given a 5, but the minus 4 was due to Fantastico.
supersonic
I don't think fantastico is really all that bad. Of course all of the good adons don't work (except phpbb). But it still has some ok things in it. Actually phpbb and viper guestbook are the only good things in it so i guess you are kind of right.
godam64
cpanel is the only admin panel i know. it's easy and no problem so far Laughing
gonzo
I prefer cPanel to all the other linux management panels.. and I don't mean just the two offered at FH

cPanel pro does have a few bugs though but I pass them on to bugzilla and they EVENTUALLY get addressed
izcool
I've started to respect cPanel for website administration since I had it for a long time when I had websites. That's one of the reasons why I registered with FriHost and not another free webhosting site. I've had to work on sites with similar control panels but I don't like them as much as cPanel. I remember the days when it was very hard to navigate around in cPanel (this is what I had to work with a long time ago), where you had a menu on the top to get to separate sections. Wink Back then I didn't like it, but with cPanel X, I like it a lot better. I could work in another control panel, but I would prefer cPanel overall.

- Mike.
spirit
CPanel Is great. It has a lot a features and it is really easy to use. Although I don't know why there is fantastico. It is just a program for lazy people who don't want to install things themselves or for people who can't read the installation directions. But other wise cpanel is great.
Guelila
Yes,
I like cpanel because its easy to use.
Although there can be many improvements, such as file uploading,
the ovall rating is good for me.
and about the fantastico thing.
So far I installed PHPBB and Cubecart.
I think the PHPBB is good and there are a lot of scripts, but most of them are free kinda crappy scripts.
For example the blog scripts in fantastico just suck. They have like the basic of the basics for bloggering...
xuma
CPanel Is very very great. Portals system entegraited very porofesional.But you can see some bugs when you load portals.
lavender
Of course I like the cpanel, it's easy to use. Razz Razz Razz Razz
Huhnteufel
cPanel is my preferrence, as I am accustomed to it, and it is generally what people use. I've used a couple others, and cPanel seems to be the most featured management panel.
shwetanshu
cpanel here also, i dont know any other
devroom
i dont have cpanel, because its on server 1 and im on server2. but maybe it comes to server 2. i hope so
photon
have used cpanel before and think its pretty easy to use
[FuN]goku
cpanel is good... cuz it has the option to unzip stuff with winzip.. so .. upload and unzip Very Happy Razz
lbs
I love CPanel/Fantastico. I gave it a 4 because there is allways room for improvement. But it is the best I have seen!
speedlikecy
i like to use cpanel...
because easy to use...
for newbie...haha
Smile Smile Smile Smile
speedlikecy
but i have a question to ask...

DirectAdmin and CPanel

which easy to use and more function???
ignition
I don't really like or dislike cPanel...it's just there. It does what it is supposed to do, and that's that. I'm thankful for it..but I don't both to think about whether I like it or not Not talking
greekcovers
cpanel is nice...fantastico is for begginers...i dont use it but for the newbies is must have ! Very Happy
supersonic
speedlikecy wrote:
but i have a question to ask...

DirectAdmin and CPanel

which easy to use and more function???

Well first of all if I were you I wouldn't double post. Second, cPanel and DirectAdmin are almost the exact same. I personaly think that cPanel has more function but DirectAdmin Does seem easier.
deca
I like cPanel. A control panel of some sort is good. I have had hosts that don't have anything, and you are always feeling like you are missing something.