FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Why did God create you?





Bluedoll
God didn’t create me, my parents did. I believe in God but want to make a fundamental distinction though it is only terminology. In the beginning God make the heavens and the earth. I believe that God put everything in motion. God created something from nothing. However, the question being put forth in this thread is why?

I think the answer is connected to what God is about. God is a creator as is evident if we look at the creation from the smallest particle, to the universe and yes humankind as well. It is indeed awesome. So the answer to why may just be in that one single fact. Creation is a very good reason for doing something.
Nyasro
I think god made us to enjoy the life Smile
Gregoric


That is what do I think.
CHAOS-THEORY
i really wonder where human brain is located in some posters...
nickfyoung
Well, it must be pretty lonely being a God with no one to talk to. Maybe he made man to have some one to interact with. He did come down to the garden every afternoon and walk and talk with Adam. So just so he had some one to talk to he made man. Aren't we lucky.
redhakaw
Bluedoll wrote:
...Creation is a very good reason for doing something


I'm sorry, but I really find your argument redundant and circular.

it's like saying that the sun is yellow because it is the sun.

could you please clarify more?

Nyasro wrote:
I think god made us to enjoy the life


true, but are we really enjoying this life that we are in? the inevitability of death? decay? is the world situation whether economic or environmental really enjoyable today?

nickfyoung wrote:
Well, it must be pretty lonely being a God with no one to talk to. Maybe he made man to have some one to interact with. He did come down to the garden every afternoon and walk and talk with Adam. So just so he had some one to talk to he made man. Aren't we lucky.


yes.

but remember that before man came into being, angels existed, serving God.
Bluedoll
I would also be interested in reading your explanation of “why do you think He created you”

Yes, I agree my reasoning is circular but I think still reasonable if we wish to think about it. Think of the illustration of a potter’s clay vessel that is brought into existence. It exists simply because someone wished to create it. If we create something, then do we instantly lack a purpose for that creation?

The painting could ask the painter why it was made and the artist might simply answer that his or her creativity was to be shared. What we choose to do with it is a totally different thing.
redhakaw
Bluedoll wrote:
I would also be interested in reading your explanation of “why do you think He created you”


I believe that every christian should understand what was happening or has happened when God created man. It is not just because He wanted to create man and put him in a garden to enjoy life, then that's it.

The answer is between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, between these verses, something happened on a grand scale, in Gen. 1:2 it mentions that God moved upon the face of the waters, during the time of Noah, God destroyed the earth with a flood, and then He said that He will no longer destroy the world with water. The waters in Gen. 1:2 is also a flood, because this is how God "cleanses" the earth. What is the reason why God cleansed the earth? It is because of Lucifer's rebellion.

One of the main reason why God created man is because God wants to defeat Satan.
You may wonder, if God is God, then just by a snap of a finger, He can reduce Satan to ashes?
But if He did that then where is the glory in that? It's like a full grown Mike Tyson knocking out a 10 yr old child.

So God created man. He created man who are lesser than angels, to defeat Satan.
In what way?

He created man as bait.

When He created man, He made sure that this man can have a will of its own, this is very attractive to Satan because he will want to prove to God that His creation can rebel against Him. This is the very reason for putting the Tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden, so that Satan can be lured to tempt man easily.

God already knew that man will fall, and He also knows that Satan, death and sin will enter into man once man fell.

Why did He allow it?

So that he can incarnate as a man as well, in the Person of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, as a man, proved that Satan, death and sin, can be defeated by man. He died on the cross to serve as a peace offering to the Father, resurrected to prove that death can be defeated by man.

The one new man, with Christ as Head, and the church as the Body, will be the one to execute judgement on Satan. When Christ resurrected, Satan was defeated, and then sentenced to the Lake of Fire, now the new man will be the one to put Satan in chain and throw him in the Lake of fire.

Today we wait for the Bridegroom to come for His bride, to execute the sentence. The Bridegroom will want to have a mature Bride, equal to Him in life and nature before He marries His church, that is why we christians are being transformed day by day, until Christ comes back in His Parousia.

in a nutshell, God created man so that man can express the fullness of God in glory.
When God created man, He made him in His likeness, now what God wants is to also be man's content, so that man may express Him, so that He can use man to do His will.

Quote:

Yes, I agree my reasoning is circular but I think still reasonable if we wish to think about it. Think of the illustration of a potter’s clay vessel that is brought into existence. It exists simply because someone wished to create it. If we create something, then do we instantly lack a purpose for that creation?


exactly, why did God wanted to create man, this is the question.

Quote:

The painting could ask the painter why it was made and the artist might simply answer that his or her creativity was to be shared. What we choose to do with it is a totally different thing.


or what the painter wants is to share a piece of himself.
Bluedoll
@redhakaw
Although we can agree on many things there can also be some disagreement but this acceptable in any discourse. We are human. I agree that God has and will prove to the fullest extent God’s Greatness but I see mankind (and myself) as part of a creation and not as bait.

I know we can say God will use things as a tool like a master craftsman but I would rather put that statement in a different way. God does let life flourish and will bring about new creation as God sees fit. Everything has a purpose.

In Genesis 1 –2 everything was good. Everything could have stayed in harmony with God. In Genesis 3, satan did interact, to put into motion another idea, that is a separation away from the natural harmony God had provided. The tree was a symbol. What applied in the day of Adam and Eve still applies to this day.

The question is does God have the authority to decide what is good and what is bad? Satan suggested in Genesis 3:5 that knowledge was all that needed not God and that the creation (including satan) could function without God. There are many even today that argue that God does not have any authority nor is needed.

I think we can agree that God can declare what is good and what is bad. I think mankind does have obligations, can have a calling and that God will accomplish.


____________________________________________________

Smile
(This post was spell checked using MSWord* it came up suggesting that the name "satan" be capitalized in each case. Except at the beginning of sentence, I made the choice to click on ignore in each instance)

*MSWord is a registered product and owned by Microsoft Inc.
johans
Nyasro wrote:
I think god made us to enjoy the life Smile


yeah!! agree..

I guess the best question is why is a MAN need to work? If life are meant to enjoy.
redhakaw
Bluedoll wrote:
@redhakaw
Although we can agree on many things there can also be some disagreement but this acceptable in any discourse. We are human. I agree that God has and will prove to the fullest extent God’s Greatness but I see mankind (and myself) as part of a creation and not as bait.


Do not be bothered with the word "bait", and mistake it as something negative, implying that God is a sadistic God.

In fact, if we consider Christ as the firstborn among all creation, we can say that when God created all of His creation, it was to prepare for the coming of Christ, that is God becoming man. In a sense, man was created for Christ, but before Christ came to us, man needed to be infected with Satan, so that when God became man as Christ, He bears death in His flesh, this flesh which was crucified on the cross, and in resurrection defeated death.

If God did not create man, He could have not incarnated as a man, He couldn't become someone lower than Satan, and defeat Satan earning glory.


Quote:

In Genesis 1 –2 everything was good. Everything could have stayed in harmony with God.


But why in Genesis 1:2, void was described? it means something terrible happened before verse 2 of chapter 1.

Quote:

In Genesis 3, satan did interact, to put into motion another idea, that is a separation away from the natural harmony God had provided. The tree was a symbol. What applied in the day of Adam and Eve still applies to this day.


first of all, there are 2 important and distinctive trees, one is the tree of life (ToL) and the other is the infamous tree of knowledge of good and evil (ToKoGaE), both are in the midst of the garden.
These are not symbols, they are real trees.
The ToL provides life, the ToKoGaE death

God wants man to just receive life from Him. When man fell, man was cut from his access to the ToL by a flaming sword. Today, because of Christ we are able to receive life again. This life is simply the eternal life, a life without death.

Quote:

The question is does God have the authority to decide what is good and what is bad? Satan suggested in Genesis 3:5 that knowledge was all that needed not God and that the creation (including satan) could function without God. There are many even today that argue that God does not have any authority nor is needed.


God created and gave the ToKoGaE, placed it in the midst of the garden, this simply means that God already defined what is good and what is evil. The real question is why would God not allow us to gain knowledge of good and evil?

The answer to that is because God wants us to only enjoy the Tree of life, good and evil is for him to decide, what we were made for is to contain Him as life, that is why we have the Spirit, the life-giving spirit, who serves as life to us, we were not made to decide or even know what is good or bad by ourselves, what He wants is for us to receive life.


Quote:

I think we can agree that God can declare what is good and what is bad. I think mankind does have obligations, can have a calling and that God will accomplish.


in the Old Testament, God demanded man to be good and shun evil, that is why we have a lot of laws in the OT, but this is just to show man that man is unable to meet God's standards, thus the New Testament came, which only talks about Christ as life, and that we only need to depend on God, to be saved by believing and not laboriously working to meet the requirements of the law. We were freed from the law because of Christ. It doesnt matter what is good or evil, what matters is life.
redhakaw
johans wrote:
Nyasro wrote:
I think god made us to enjoy the life Smile


yeah!! agree..

I guess the best question is why is a MAN need to work? If life are meant to enjoy.


because man fell.

before man fell, man can enjoy life without working, everything was already available. This is the original intention of God for man.

but because man fell, by eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, man showed God that he can take care of himself.

today, we christians receive Christ as the Garden of Eden, our good land, our everything.
we always forget this, we have other trees that we eat from, when Christ is the only tree we need.
redhakaw
Bluedoll wrote:
Genesis 2:15
“And God provided for man and he brought him to a lovely garden so he could take care of it and cultivate it.”

Remember that old saying that says, if you want to feed someone throw him or her a fish but if you truly want to help them, teach them how to fish?
I agree we should love life and I also think work should be rewarding. We can feel blessed about any work we do as long as we can see advantage. Work can be something we do enjoy.


yes, that's from Lao Tzu, He's a chinese founder of Taoism. It's not biblical. Wink

the KJV version of that verse is:
[15] And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

instead of cultivating it, or working on it.

in the original design of God, God wants man to fully depend on Him and enjoy God as the source of everything. This was restored in Christ, as the all-inclusive One. Many times we say that Christ is our everything, this is what God originally wants us to have, this is how gracious our God is. This is the reason why when man fell, God told man to till the ground, because man became short of grace and needed to provide for himself.

Quote:

Genesis 2:16 -17
“And God also instructed man that from every tree of this garden you may eat to satisfaction but as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you should not eat...”

We can not know every detail but if the tree was an actual apple tree for example, it is much more important to understand the significance of the teachings about it that God was giving. It is not about eating knowledge. It is about not willing to listen to God.


consider, if the serpent did not tempt Eve, Eve would have not eaten the fruit, and then Adam would also not taste the fruit. If you say that the couple is not willing to listen to God then they do not need to be tempted. God knew that Satan will try and tempt man like how he did with the fallen angels, and God knew Eve will be tempted, God allowed this to happen. God's will is to have the seed of the woman bruise the head of His enemy, and in order to do that, man needed to engage with Satan.

you are right that man did not listen to God, and the reason for this is because they wanted to obtain godhood by themselves causing them to rebel against God, even if God wanted man to rely on Him and eat of the tree of life instead.

Quote:

We have the capacity to work, to learn, to obtain knowledge and to even decide for ourselves what is good or what is bad. We also have the free will to act on our beliefs. (It is just much better for mankind that belief line up with God’s will) These actions are not in conflict with God. The lesson given with the tree in the garden was to demonstrate how God is the authority of what is best in the universe.


Paul said that whatever he accomplished are counted as refuse, all the things we achieve by ourselves are not profitable to God, what God wants is for us to express and manifest Him, that whatever work we do is not based on our natural capacity, not based on how fast we learn, how reasonable we decide etc.

Quote:

Genesis 3:1-5
“And satan said to the woman, do not listen to what God has said to you but listen to my words instead.”

I would never agree to an idea that God created a conflict out of an instruction. He gave his creations free will. Satan invented the conflict and God then reacted with a promise to settle the matter. – Genesis 3:14-15


the usual belief in christianity is that the conflict began when man ate the fruit, but we must understand that the conflict started even before Adam, this is explained previously by showing that something happened between Gen. 1:1 and Gen. 1:2

it is undeniable that there was a conflict when Adam ate the fruit, but this conflict was planned with corresponding corrective measure.

We should see how God works by reading the Bible. Usually, God restores His creation by first destroying it.

1. Flood in Gen. 1:2
2. Flood in Noah's time
3. Moses passing through the waters to the good land.
4. Jesus dying on the cross
5. Great tribulation in revelation.

all of these are not caused by us, or by man, everything is planned by God, to God, Satan is already defeated, to us, we do not know how it will happen except from what is revealed from the Bible.

Quote:

I agree with many comments made in this thread but can challenge points I do not agree with. I do agree that the question of why did God did create Man is not an evolutionary question.

It is possible that an actual man and woman existed with a name of Adam and Eve, as it is possible that a real tree existed in a real garden however the question of existence is not the question put forth. To debate the religious question of why God did create man really is a religious question and therefore it is logical and reasonable to use the bible as a reference to religious type questions.


yes, and it would be great also to refer to christian history especially before the RC was established.
spinout
http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

OK, please check and see if you agree that Sitchin is wrong!
There is some errors one can think...!
Hm, to sum it up -> We was a designed slave race, genetically placed upon earth for diggin gold. When the gold was dug up then we was left on this zoo planet...
redhakaw
spinout wrote:
http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

OK, please check and see if you agree that Sitchin is wrong!
There is some errors one can think...!
Hm, to sum it up -> We was a designed slave race, genetically placed upon earth for diggin gold. When the gold was dug up then we was left on this zoo planet...


why would you even ask me that? Laughing

of course, he is wrong.
spinout
Oh, missed that Laughing

Well it was appropriate to the subject of the thread! The Gods needed a slave race...
OK, it is not appropriate cos; polytheist thinking and the lack of omnipotence...
Still all the terms like the evil serpent and all the other terms are fitting in the Sitchin/Sumer story.
AND it is more natural to believe in E.T. than a monotheistic God I think.
Mrs_Robota
God didn't created me, he created us all, I was created by consecuence of his first creation... but that's a bit long to explain. We are part of him and we will back to him someday. yes we will be also God someday
emedeiros
Which god?
telltheworld
...to bring Him glory and help guide others to Him.
Nyasro
I think god created me to let me visit and know this world Razz
Seams
God created me to spread his word and bring other people to him.
Mrs_Robota
i am only conquence of the main creation.... as far as I understood, God created all in order to understand himself, we all are a spark of him and eventually we may back to him...
agilsanda
God is love. So, why God creates mankind? The answer is simple, because God loves us first and want the best for us, always, before God creates the world, chooses us to be yours sons, to give us eternal life, to make us kings with Jesus.
betfunder
God created us to have someone to blame...
BigGeek
spinout wrote:
http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

OK, please check and see if you agree that Sitchin is wrong!
There is some errors one can think...!
Hm, to sum it up -> We was a designed slave race, genetically placed upon earth for diggin gold. When the gold was dug up then we was left on this zoo planet...


Yeah this is one of the biggest "conspiracy theory" stories about humans, and god or the gods! If you read other "conspiracy theory" articles they claim that the gods are still among us and they are the wealthy elite and politicians that run our world!

I think that is a hell of a great fictional story - but as far as reality goes I think it is a little nutty sounding!

There are many conspiracy theorists that claim that the reason humans were created and allowed to reproduce to such a large earth populations is because the global elite needs slaves to work and run society! That the real reason we were created is to work, pay bills, and live paycheck to paycheck in wage slavery until we die.

Sounds pretty depressing, which is why I listen to and read people like Tony Robbins, and other great motivational speakers - fill your head with positive thoughts and back those up with positive actions and change your life.

You should try and imagine a life free from guilt, fear, and living up to some standard laid out by hypocrites and set your own goals and standards and live up to them with power and positive attitude - Now that sounds like a much better reason to have been created - doesn't it?
Related topics
Politicaly incorrect blonde jokes
religion issues
Contradictions to Stories in the Christian Bible.
Do Nonbelivers Go Too Hell?
Did the Big Bang just happen or did God make it happen?
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHY GOD CREATE HUMAN AND NATURE?
books about islam
why did "god" create "satan"
Why did God create humans?
Did GOD created Evils?
WHy did Human being create GOD?
Why did man create the Devil ?
Who was the person...
God and the Angler fish.
Why did god create viruses?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Faith

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.