FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is true? (about space & traffic)

storyteller
When I joined Frihost, I see that the Free Web Hosting on the home page (www.frishost.com), as followed:

1500 MB of disk space
    35 GB of traffic

But when I entered the FORUMS home page (www.frihost.com/forums/), the disk space and traffic are smaller figures:

Quote:
before requesting your web hosting account with 750MB of space and 20GB of traffic.

The 750MB is more than enough for websites intended to host here, but I would certainly preferred larger bandwidth traffic.

Which are these figures true?
codegeek
I believe it's 1500 MB and 35 GB respectively.
storyteller
codegeek wrote:

Thanks, codegeek. Smile

I was a little confused. Confused
Qantas94Heavy
storyteller wrote:
codegeek wrote:

Thanks, codegeek. Smile

I was a little confused. Confused

Yes, it's 1500MB/35GB - see this screenshot of DirectAdmin on Server 4:

The reason for the "34.179GB" of bandwidth instead of 35GB is because of "decimal" gigabytes vs binary gigabytes, but who uses that much anyway (for a small site)? Rolling Eyes Razz
deanhills
storyteller wrote:
When I joined Frihost, I see that the Free Web Hosting on the home page (www.frishost.com), as followed:

1500 MB of disk space
    35 GB of traffic

But when I entered the FORUMS home page (www.frihost.com/forums/), the disk space and traffic are smaller figures:

Quote:
before requesting your web hosting account with 750MB of space and 20GB of traffic.

The 750MB is more than enough for websites intended to host here, but I would certainly preferred larger bandwidth traffic.

The Forum Home Page is out of date. The quality of our Websites and the allocation of space and bandwidth are not. So the higher limits apply. The home page has just not caught up with the new stats yet. Razz
storyteller
deanhills wrote:
storyteller wrote:

1500 MB of disk space
    35 GB of traffic

Quote:

The Forum Home Page is out of date. The quality of our Websites and the allocation of space and bandwidth are not. So the higher limits apply. The home page has just not caught up with the new stats yet. Razz

Cool, deanhill. Cool