FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new laptop

edallica
righty folks,

i stupidly spilt OJ on my laptop...needless to say...it didnt like it.
i'm trying to get it fixed but i seriously doubt that it will come back alive. this means that im going to have to buy a new laptop:(

does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable well priced laptop?
are iBooks any good? i really think macs are rubbish and that they are inconpatible, though the 6 hours battery life is appealing.

vista is coming out soon and im gonna need a decent spec laptop so that it isn't obsolete by the time october '06 comes!

cheers folks.
bananaphone
IBM - now called lenovo - laptops are fantastic - iBooks are also great, except you can't run windows programs and there is less software for them. The Acer Ferrari ones are also very cool - they have a carbon fibre shell and so are very light (but rather expensive).

Hope this helps.
WiaWeb
Bought a compaq presario v2000 with dual-layer dvd burner, 3.5 mhz AMD Turion 64 processor, wide-screen crystal lcd display, a memory-card reader,an 80 gb hdd, and 802.11g wireless card. Oh it also has 2 large altec-lansing speakers in the front. It is a great, fast machine. costs about 1,200. Would recommend it. Cool Cool
edallica
nice suggestions guys thanks.

waa thinking slightly cheaper than these though...think i can get an ibook for about 600 and not sure if i should get that. i really enjoy my open source programs (gimp, alley code, php designer) so im not sure.

has anyone been a dedicated windows user and switched to mac? how long did it take you to get used to?

cheers!
planet
Your OJ habits taken into consideration, may I humbly suggest the ****** you can find ? ^L*
ocalhoun
Can I have your old one?

By the way considering what happened to the last one,
check this out:
http://www.groupmobile.com/dept.asp?dept_id=4
These laptops cannot be hurt by exposure to liquids!