FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does 'Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.' means?

sudipbanerjee
Can anybody explain me what does 'Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.' means. Is this type company are enlisted in Share market? I have no idea about this topic.
SonLight
I thought I wouldn't get any hits on duckduckgo, but I got plenty -- even with the quotes. All the companies I saw listed seemed to be Indian, so I suspect the exact terminology is based on the legal system there. I should probably be asking you instead of the other way around ... Anyhow, I would assume Pvt or Private means it's not traded on a stock market; we in the US would call that a "private company" -- but I can't imagine an American company including it in their name. I'm quite certain Ltd. means "limited liability" company. That is true of some partnership arrangements, but was the primary motive for creating corporations about 200 years ago. Enterprise is just a generic term for a company, and I don't think it would have any special significance when made part of the company name.
sudipbanerjee
Thank you. But it is still not clear to me. I have to find few information regarding this from our country's business environment.