FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't Delete files from my site

Possum
Hi

I want to totally empty my opengovernment.co.nz site and start again. I have installed the e107 CMS.

When I tried I got this message from these 2 folders. The other files were deleted..

Quote:
Unable to delete files

Details

Unable to delete directory /domains/opengovernment.co.nz/public_html/e107_media: The directory /domains/opengovernment.co.nz/public_html/e107_media is not empty

Unable to delete directory /domains/opengovernment.co.nz/public_html/e107_system: The directory /domains/opengovernment.co.nz/public_html/e107_system is not empty

I also deleted the domain opengovernment.co.nz but these 2 folders persisted..

I also deleted the database associated with the site..

thank you..
Marcuzzo
how are you deleting the folders? via the File Manager or via FTP?
try setting the rights to 777 before deleting them, works for me Very Happy
Peterssidan
If you delete the files using the control panel you have to first delete all files in a directory before you can delete the directory itself. I believe deleting files is easier if you use an FTP client.
Possum
http://www.101sitehosting.com/members/knowledgebase/1838/How-do-I-change-permissions-to-allow-me-to-delete-file-or-folder-that-wont-delete-normally-when-using-File-Manager.html

As alway many thx
johans
deleting the old domain files is straight forward. In my case, i delete first the database connected to the domain then delete all the files in it.

Thats it.. all files are deleted.
Possum
johans wrote:
deleting the old domain files is straight forward. In my case, i delete first the database connected to the domain then delete all the files in it.

Thats it.. all files are deleted.

I tried that but it didnt work.. But I may have done it in the wrong order..
deanhills
Have you tried to use File Manager in cPanel to do this? It could be something to do with permissions. So you may have to edit the permissions first. You can do that in the File Manager by ticking all of the boxes. You should be able to delete the files afterwards.

Here is a tutorial on how to use the File Manager, change permissions, etc:

And a tutorial in how to delete the databases: