FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could an alien live amongst us without our knowledge ?

chasbeen
Quite easily.
Leaving aside the jokes about some slightly unusual folks you already know:)
The person standing on the platform waiting for a train.
The person at work with no apparent relatives.
People driving past in a car.
They could be anywhere?
How possible is it for many aliens to be passing you each day?
Afaceinthematrix
I must say that you post quite a lot of interesting things to read.

This question is impossible to answer because you ask for the likelihood which, to me, implies some sort of percentage. Certainly it is possible that aliens exist that look like us and are able to assimilate into our society so well that we haven't noticed them. Likely? Absolutely not. Extremely improbable.

I tend to think that the people who are very distant and appear to have no family tend to be hiding a negative background (like maybe they're wanted fugitives and so, obviously, they don't want people finding out too much about them).

I am in an internet cafe right now checking the internet and drinking a beer. I'm looking around to see who is the most likely candidate to be an alien from another planet and it certainly seems that I am the most unusual here and most likely to be an alien; I barely fit in when I'm in my home country let alone a foreign country :) However, I assure you that I was born on this planet to parents who are most likely pure human-beings.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I am in an internet cafe right now checking the internet and drinking a beer. I'm looking around to see who is the most likely candidate to be an alien from another planet and it certainly seems that I am the most unusual here and most likely to be an alien; I barely fit in when I'm in my home country let alone a foreign country Smile However, I assure you that I was born on this planet to parents who are most likely pure human-beings.
I'm exactly in the same situation at this moment. I'm in a "games" internet cafe, surrounded by real characters, and I'm probably one as well, although I think there is at least one crazy guy here who beats me in terms of eccentricity. But as for real aliens. I doubt they exist on this planet. Only in our imagination and in all of the movies where they have been created.
Bluedoll
It is an interesting thought that aliens are around us and very cool for sci-fi writers who create the Vulcan population (star trek) that have warp drive technology and come to observe. It is also interesting how the planet Vulcan was an actual designation that scientists gave to an imaginary planet so that their calculations concerning the orbit of Mercury would made sense. It took another theory later on to correct the formula.

Perhaps the possibility of alien life capable of traveling vast distances is conceivable but it is also conceivable that the strange visitors from another world are out of another dimension. The one standing next to us could be an angel taking the form of a human and we wouldn’t know it or prove it.
standready
Just don't tell anybody else that we are here, OK? laugh I tried to phone home but the local phone company charged waaay more than I have for the long distance call and Orb would not accept a collect call.
codegeek
Shocked How did you know? Shocked
Boys, pack you bags. We have been compromised.
RoylanM
Aliens can't live among us without our knowledge because it'll be impossible for them to fit and survive. That's just my personal opinion though.
Deline
I dont know if its possible - that they can look like us - but it would be awesome if there are some "different people" that came here to "help" us..hehe
Peterssidan
We have not even sent humans to Mars yet so it's not likely that aliens would have been able to travel many light years to our planet. It is even less likely that they also be able to blend in without we notice.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
We have not even sent humans to Mars yet so it's not likely that aliens would have been able to travel many light years to our planet. It is even less likely that they also be able to blend in without we notice.
Depends on whether we can see them. They could be in a different dimension altogether. Improbable maybe, but not completely impossible.
nickfyoung
When my son was younger one of his favorite TV shows was Mr Bean. He was convinced that he was an alien especially because of the opening bit where he drops from the sky. He kept that believe right into his teenage years but I am not sure if he believes it still. He does have video copies of all his shows and all the series of Black Adder.
spinout
Hm, have you watched the load of vids on youtube of lizzards in disguise?

Hm, I think these vids are fake BUT i truely believe humans are easy to manipulate.
have you listened to the lizzard interview on the youtube? swedish stuff Smile
spinout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE1mB58i6FE

Here is the interview, hehe, from 1999! In Sweden!
standready
how about http://abc.go.com/shows/the-neighbors
there is your proof! laugh
Vanilla
Well, look around and try to find the most different person in the room. Imagine that he/she is your current resident alien, learning to live among humans. Not hard to do that, right? I think I would be labeled as the alien one, as I'm pretty alien myself when you compare me to a regular Brazilian. This or people just think I'm foreign and try to speak with me in English. Which leads me to the following...

RoylanM wrote:
Aliens can't live among us without our knowledge because it'll be impossible for them to fit and survive. That's just my personal opinion though.

I think that would be pretty easy to cover up... For example, if you're living in Brazil, just say you're from a far away country, very different in terms of culture. Most people would accept and move on with their lives. They would put up with you because you're the eccentric foreign guy who would need help some times because things in his country are different.

I believe it would be much simpler in a country like Japan. They do have this spirit of collectivity, but they like their space and they worry a lot about "being a hassle" to someone, so they would leave your alien friend alone. Rolling Eyes
spinout
The reptilian interview reveals about 12 to 14 different kind of aliens visiting right now... And they have been a war over this planet for its resources... The dinosours did not die from a nature disaster but for aliens argue about this planet. Also this retilian say that we are genetically engineered by aliens, the retilians are the true habitants of this planet.
chasbeen
I personally don't believe any aliens are here. What a stupid topic. Who started it?
chasbeen
oops. I'm starting a new topic on memory problems.
Peterssidan
chasbeen wrote:
Who started it?

An alien?
Vanilla
Peterssidan wrote:
chasbeen wrote:
Who started it?

An alien?

OMG chas you've been cloned! They're taking out or planet!
deanhills
Think Chas must have felt like an alien in Canada for a while, until he got "home". Razz
Bluedoll
chasbeen wrote:
oops. I'm starting a new topic on memory problems.
Aliens have ways of removing memories on their spaceships. lol
deanhills
Reminds me of a very real term in the United States, called legal alien.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:

We never talk about "legal aliens." We talk about "illegal aliens" (people who entered the country illegally). When we talk about illegal aliens, we usually go to the effort of calling them immigrants. That has been a very hot topic in the United States for quite some time and will probably continue to be a hot topic for a while more.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:

We never talk about "legal aliens." We talk about "illegal aliens" (people who entered the country illegally). When we talk about illegal aliens, we usually go to the effort of calling them immigrants. That has been a very hot topic in the United States for quite some time and will probably continue to be a hot topic for a while more.
OK got it, thanks Matrix. The IRS seems to have it well documented:

Quote:
Alien
An individual who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.

Quote:
Illegal Alien
Also known as an "Undocumented Alien," is an alien who has entered the United States illegally and is deportable if apprehended, or an alien who entered the United States legally but who has fallen "out of status" and is deportable.

Quote:
Immigrant
An alien who has been granted the right by the USCIS to reside permanently in the United States and to work without restrictions in the United States. Also known as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). All immigrants are eventually issued a "green card" (USCIS Form I-551), which is the evidence of the alien’s LPR status. LPR’s who are awaiting the issuance of their green cards may bear an I-551 stamp in their foreign passports.

Quote:
Nonimmigrant
An alien who has been granted the right by the USCIS to reside temporarily in the United States.

Source: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Immigration-Terms-and-Definitions-Involving-Aliens
GuidanceReader
Peterssidan wrote:

That's assuming that the aliens have only been around as long as us and are only as developed as us. Who is not to say that they have been around for much longer than the human race on Earth and/or that their development rate has exceeded that of our species so that they can travel light-years to our planet and blend in without us noticing?
ratanegra
There could be aliens, yes, but I think that they would not be just like humans. They would look different. Why would they have 2 feet, 2 arms, two eyes, etc.? Seeing as every species is so different in the same planet don't you think that the galactic distance would create a totally different species?

But well, maybe this species would be chamaleonic and adopt the image of the human beings around them to survive more easily.
Marcuzzo
GuidanceReader wrote:
Who is not to say that they have been around for much longer than the human race on Earth

wouldn't that make us the aliens?
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
GuidanceReader wrote:
Who is not to say that they have been around for much longer than the human race on Earth

wouldn't that make us the aliens?
Laughing That's a good one. Makes sense, particularly since earth was here before we were here. Or so they say any way.
Josso
The simple answer: yes. We can assume if they had the technology to get here in the first place their technology would be far enough advanced of even our top surveillance guys to avoid detection. If they were in the system or on earth all along the answer is: maybe.
spinout
Yes, the reptilians say they are the originals and the humans are the hybrid aliens.