FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my doggy turned evil??

friendetic
yesterday i went to the grocery and bought some smoked herring because i thought my dog would have liked it but today when i fed him he gobbled it down reel quickly and a few minutes after when i went to play with him he started to growl and attacked me which he never done before (he is two years old)..luckily i had a pillow in my hand ... i was wondering did the smoked herring caused him to turn on me or something else>>>

did your animal ever turned evil on you???
dude_xyx
That sounds bad. So he became normal after that ? I would careful about kids if you have around. If the dog develops a temper it won't be good.
deanhills
Well if you suspect it could be the herring, best not to feed him with any herring, but I suspect there must have been a different kind of stressor at play here. Maybe you could talk to an expert on dogs. A vet or someone who has a shop. Or a dog trainer in your neighbourhood.
grofet
It is possible the dog contaminated with rabies. You should check it up to find the symptom. Rabies dog is like zombie and should be send to the doctor.
biolu
Maybe a fish bone got in its throat?
codegeek
Going to the vet's immediately would probably be the best response. If there's something serious, you'll know of it. If there's nothing, again, you'll be sure. Perhaps it's a temporary thing, or maybe your dog is becoming an adolescent. Very Happy
fuzzkaizer
and if you haven't been there yet, as written above, to go to a dogtrainer is not a bad idea anyway. he could learn you how to educate your dog, and also, how to understand him and his reacions better. a friend of mine his baby-daughter was attacked and bitten in the face by a little lap dog, who according to his owner, had not ever shown a reaction like that - some expert later said that the dog probably took the baby for a prey or a rival and reacted instinctively. to prevent things like that, one has to know and to guide his dog in the right way. this is not bad for the dog either, for he is by nature programmed to obey and trust his top dog, in this case the owner.
this is not only an issue for keepers of some "dangerous" kinds of dogs, but just for any responsible man - dog relation.
as for the smoked herring, to me it seems unprobably that the dog could be infected by some disease within a few minutes and then already show symptoms. but something like if he got injured in the throat by fishbones, this would rather explane his sudden behaviour...
LxGoodies
friendetic wrote:
yesterday i went to the grocery and bought some smoked herring because i thought my dog would have liked it but today when i fed him he gobbled it down reel quickly and a few minutes after when i went to play with him he started to growl and attacked me which he never done before (he is two years old)..luckily i had a pillow in my hand ... i was wondering did the smoked herring caused him to turn on me or something else>>>

did your animal ever turned evil on you???

Gobble down eh.. what kind of dog, is it a hunting dog ? Laughing Laughing Don't worry too much. I would say avoid to feed your dog red herring too often, you will spoil him !! smoked herring a dog will appreciate above anything else.

Agressive ? if you approach a dog eating something VERY tasty, than the dog will simply defend his gorgeous meal.. or even the smell of it afterward.. Once given, you can't take it away, he will bite you when distracted. This can even happen (just) after the meal. I guess your pet has returned to proper behaviour by now ?

Red herring is used in training hunting dogs, that is if you spread the scent of red herring across the trail, a real good hunting dog should not be distracted. Now the reason they use red herring for that.. Razz Razz dogs love it
Josso
Some foods dogs will get more possesive over than others, you sure there wasn't any of it left? Also it's good not to actually hit your dogs what you can do instead is make a loud noise and hit something like a rolled up newspaper against a table or something this will usually stop them. If the dog is not usually violent you need basically need to make sure that they know that you are top of the pack occasionly and they won't do it again. You have to make sure that if they do something like that they know they have done something bad
codersfriend
scary. looks like the dog is having some sort of behavior problem.
nickfyoung
When you say your dog turned evil it reminded me of the pigs in the Bible story that turned evil after they were filled with evil spirits. Maybe there was an evil spirit in the herrings and it got into your dog or maybe he already had an evil spirit and the herring just set him off. Or maybe he just picked one up and it just happened to be after he was eating herrings so they may not be related. It doesn't seem feasible that a dog could become evil without an influence such as an evil spirit. It is not really something they would just do on their own. Evil is usually caused by an influence of some sort and like I said, it is usually the presence of an evil spirit. Many people don't even believe in evil spirits and believe that evil just happens by itself or is caused by some deranged thought pattern. Imagine all those good movies over the years that we wouldn't have if there were no evil spirits.
yajramemrou
The reason behind that is you spoiled your dog. i think you don't discipline your dog if it makes a mistake. if it goes like that, your dog will not afraid of you and he will do what he want. just act like a boss to them. show him that your are his master.
fuzzkaizer
the formulation 'my dog turned evil' to me evokes also some idea of b-movies, satan and exorcism, or some illustrious bible passages, like the https://bible.org/seriespage/demons-and-pigs-matthew-828-34:
>>...30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”
32 He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water. 33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men. 34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they pleaded with Him to leave their region."<<

nevertheless i took it just for a pathetic formulation, and thought that your problem is just that your doggy shows aggression against you in an unexpected moment... like someone said before, maybe it just is not clear to your dog, that you are his master, for he is still quite young and unexperienced. when you gave him food he might have mistaken that for a submissive gesture... well, thats quite bromidic, but it rather was a confusion in that way than that your dog became "evil" out of the blue...