FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What´s your ideal job u want to have?

talibhsn
Usually we found jobs which is not our ideal and just passing our time. So can you share whats your ideal job?
badai
retirement.
standready
badai wrote:
retirement.

ha ha!
Managing my lottery winnings - dream on
Gregoric
Working at military factory in my town. They produce Polish AMVs there, I'd love to join the workers Smile We'll see if I manage to do so Very Happy
Insanity
I think my ideal job would be doing something that I'm already doing as a hobby. Maybe something like getting paid to play video games all day. I don't mean something like video game testing, because that is a pretty boring job once you realize how you have to play the game completely wrong in order to find bugs and stuff. I'd rather play the game the correct way and be paid for it. I don't know what exactly a job like that would be, but it sounds ideal for me. Maybe I could be a reviewer, except I would have to stick to my deadlines and write up articles and reviews for the games that I play. If I didn't have to do that, or if I had all the time in the world, it would be the perfect job for me.
Klaw 2
There are a few jobs that look really great like wisky taster basically some1 who tastes wisky all the time...

There is/was a show for the best job in the world wich was basically 1 big holiday
http://www.australia.com/best-jobs.aspx
amagard
In alignment with what Insanity said, as Confucius already phrased it:
"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life !"

In my case computer's and computer science is kind of my hobby and I made it my job. Brilliant, I can say ! I just wished my employer would give me more time to really focus on the real technical work instead of distracting me all the time with bureaucratics, weird processes, micro-management and a bad working environment.

Which brings me to my requirements for the ideal job:
* much money for less work and even more important: less stress Very Happy
* much time to work on the topics I am interested in
* sufficient room for creativity and innovation
* a good working environment, thus no cubicle landscapes where I have to listen to 4 phone calls in parallel most of the time. This would also include more freedom to stay in home office when it makes sense.
* a good working climate. This includes solid project management practices ( no spending of hours in phone calls trying to guess what is in scope for the current "project" phase ) and means to foster team building ( get me at least that much travel budget that I have the chance to meet the people I work with in a virtual team at least once face-to-face).
Venicer
amagard wrote:

Yeah, you're totally right!
If you have a job you don't love, or if you do it only for money, you'll waste your time and yourself.
If you have something you love, and you find a job about it, you'll enjoy that job, and every single moment of your life will be much greater than with other jobs.
BUT you never have to forgot that some sacrifices have to been done, always. This world is not perfect, so a sacrifice every so often has to be reckoned Wink

Personally building websites (not using CMSes) is something I really love, and I'm working on building something to have that job! A sort of "start-up"! Very Happy
BigGeek
amagard wrote:

In my case computer's and computer science is kind of my hobby and I made it my job. Brilliant, I can say ! I just wished my employer would give me more time to really focus on the real technical work instead of distracting me all the time with bureaucratics, weird processes, micro-management and a bad working environment.

Which brings me to my requirements for the ideal job:
* much money for less work and even more important: less stress Very Happy
* much time to work on the topics I am interested in
* sufficient room for creativity and innovation
* a good working environment, thus no cubicle landscapes where I have to listen to 4 phone calls in parallel most of the time. This would also include more freedom to stay in home office when it makes sense.
* a good working climate. This includes solid project management practices ( no spending of hours in phone calls trying to guess what is in scope for the current "project" phase ) and means to foster team building ( get me at least that much travel budget that I have the chance to meet the people I work with in a virtual team at least once face-to-face).

You sound like me! Computers and networking was one of my hobbies and 15 years ago I made it my job. After working for large IT companies I was faced with the same conclusion you are. I love the work, the bureaucracy, weird corporate processes, micro-management, and hostile tyrannical managers are distractions from what I love to do. Fortunately I ended up at a small company as a wireless network engineer and I love the lab I had to set up, the product development, software development, and hardware testing I have to do, along with customer support and wireless network design and deployment. These things are great, however even in a small company I have to deal with weird stifling company processes, total micro-manager CEO, a hostile and angry manager, and untrained customers. Not to mention the pay is lower at a small company compared to a big one, AND 3 years with no pay raises or bonuses.

Any more, as I get closer to retirement my hobby these days is toward running my own blog and market my affiliate products from the comfort of my own home and not have to deal with a company or managers. Of course with my money my other hobby is building hot rods and custom cars, which I did for 5 years of my life, and still love doing.

One thing Confucius didn't point out about working at what you love, is having to deal with customers and managers, building a hot rod for a customer, being a job I loved, also had the downside of dealing with shop owner and belligerent, cheap, customers.

Even a so called dream job has their downsides!!!
bukaida
Obtain enough money and see others doing job. Ha Ha

I am already in a job which I enjoy to do. The only thing is that , if it was near my home, I need not have to travel this much.
anupwad123
My Ideal job is to established a company and become owner of that company...

Professional Training Center for PHP
dmbi601
maths teacher
mshafiq
My ideal job is the same that i am doing now automation engineer.