FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Planet of the Apes

Tiger
A while back now, they released Planet of the Apes, which I really enjoyed. The ending indicated that there would be a sequel, but to date, I have seen and heard nothing about a second film.

Does anyone know if there has been or will be a second film? The ending of the first film indicated that there would be a sequel. Since I really don't like loose ends in movies, I am really looking forward to seeing the sequel, and the end of the story!
nakamaru
It didn't indicate a sequal. It was more for a shock effect. A sequal to that scenerio would be about the stupidest thing ever.
blu3bird
i dun think they can produce a plot to get themselves out of tat senario either. but if they do, i would really wan to watch it.
Naif
Dont know if you know this or not, Planet of the Apes which was released un 2001 is actually a remake of Planet of the Apes released in 1968... The original released had three sequels to it viz.,

Beneath the Planet of the Apes (aka Planet of the Men and Planet of the Apes Revisited) - 1970
Escape from the Planet of the Apes (aka Colonization of the Planet of the Apes) - 1971
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes - 1972
Battle for the Planet of the Apes - 1973

After knowing this you can imagine, a sequal is possible... but will it be as good as the first part? I doubt that.... reason: what made Planet of the Apes so good was the twist at the end of the movie... I doubt if whether they'll be able to pull of a similar twist in a sequel...
SamGung
Great Movie i loved it, awesome special effects in it. The ending seemed like it would lead to a sequel but it hasnt come out yet. But im still hoping!
niceboy
is it really wonderful?

I want to have a look
Naif
niceboy wrote:
is it really wonderful?

I want to have a look

I wont say its wonderful but its a really nice and interesting movie. I am definite you wont regret watching it Smile
memsa
The classic movies with Charlton Heston as Taylor and Roddy McDowell as Cornelius were a loose "adaptation" of a book by a French author whose name I do not recall. I loved all of them when they came out and enjoyed how they made it into a loop so it didn't matter where you started. They weren't all great but I was hooked.

The modern version is closer to the book (including the ending) was excellent.

A sequel.....am not sure.
SilverDogg
tim burtons version of planet of the apes sucks big time. WHY, oh WHY did he bother?

love the original, its a great movie! and i think there are actually four sequals, not just three. might be five aswell. i have missed one of them, because its owned by another person/company than then other.
SunburnedCactus
The remake of Planet of The Apes successflly removed any of the political insights of the original, replacing them with pop-culture and plotless action.

And the monkey people didn't look as funny as they did in the 70s versions.
serazat
1968 version has been consistenly on top 250 and has a rating aroun 8 while the newer version has a poor rating like 5. I do not think there will be a sequel since that was a bad re-make and just a re-make itself.
triggerhappy
i have not seen the remake but i have seen all the orginal movies didn't like the ending tho but it was ok espacly the second one!! Very Happy
HDirtwater
The remake was one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen. I saw a trailer and was all gung ho to see it, especially because of Tim Burton, but then the movie just sucked. I guess Burton can only make good animated movies at this point in his career....