FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free HTML & CSS or Wordpress Themes (Premium Standards)

Would you like these free themes?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Simonjw
Hope everyone is doing good.

I really don't know if this is in the right place because I couldn't find anywhere else to put it, so here goes.

My team have launched a new business in the hosting and web development/design world and we are trying to change how things are done by the larger firms so it is more cost effective to actually get a website up and running.

So basically we have decided on giving out HTML & CSS websites as well as Wordpress Themes which are premium quality standard like you would get at any theme shop online. We are looking into other opensource platforms to make themes for too. We hope to cater for everyone, but we know that it will be difficult and thus we are posting in forums like this to see what the general public has to say about it. We will hold polls like this one on different categories that you would like to see free themes in.

As we are a business, we have loads of paid services which will fit anyone's budget and we feel that this makes us different, but that is not what this post is about. Although if you want to know more, you may message me on here and we can exchange contact details.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

P.S. We are hoping to start releasing one theme a week per category and hope to do more as time goes by.
RosenCruz
Clean and well coded WP themes would be nice for everyone imho. Wink
Simonjw
Well I follow w3c standards and have no errors within any of my designs.

I may add extensive documentation, but only if I have time. They will be equipped with minified source code as well as non-minified source code if people want to see it plainly, makes load time better overall.

I have also been working on Anchor CMS and will most probably be doing more themes based on that than Wordpress.

Either way I think it is a good opportunity for people and especially if some want to learn.

Thanks
Qantas94Heavy
Simonjw wrote:
Well I follow w3c standards and have no errors within any of my designs.

I may add extensive documentation, but only if I have time. They will be equipped with minified source code as well as non-minified source code if people want to see it plainly, makes load time better overall.

I have also been working on Anchor CMS and will most probably be doing more themes based on that than Wordpress.

Either way I think it is a good opportunity for people and especially if some want to learn.

Thanks

Still, a limited number of them would be good business sense - too many probably will mean that most will be too close to what the customer "wants", and a result, revenue suffers. Of course, we aren't just here for the money, are we? Still, a few nice "sample" themes which look good in their own right and are documented well will go a long way in demonstrating the quality of one's work.
Simonjw
Hey Qantas.

I'm not bothered about the money to be honest although I would probably monetize it somehow for maybe time spent on it, but have not decided yet. I am only going to do it for half a year, so it won't be a lifetime thing, but at least I will be able to get a good number of free resources out for people starting out.

I have a vision of a place where bloggers can go and get a premium domain, hosting and a website for nothing or at least next to nothing a year.

But that is off topic.

Thanks for the input though, it is greatly appreciated.

Simon
raaeft1
I am looking for premium WP themes for an online news portal. Currently I am used Advanced Newspaper Theme created by Gabfire but I am not satisfied as it has several flaws.
My visitors have conveyed to me that my portal lacks several features. I have to tell them this is due to intrinsic limitations in the Gabfire theme.
So it would be great if I could gain access to a professional WP newspaper theme.
Simonjw
raaeft1 wrote:
I am looking for premium WP themes for an online news portal. Currently I am used Advanced Newspaper Theme created by Gabfire but I am not satisfied as it has several flaws.
My visitors have conveyed to me that my portal lacks several features. I have to tell them this is due to intrinsic limitations in the Gabfire theme.
So it would be great if I could gain access to a professional WP newspaper theme.

Hi Raaeft1,

What kind of features do they say it lacks? Most premium Wordpress themes are generally generic and the designers, well most of them actually don't put that much effort into the themes or give them really cool feature which a $1000 custom website would have. I disagree as you will be reselling the theme over and over.

With regards to the features, I might be able to interest you in a much better yet simpler platform than WP. I feel that WP is too bloated right from the install and can slow down server resources whereas the systems I have now come accustom to play far better as they are extremely extensible and one can get custom PHP Scripts made for them and their website cheaply.

Message me if you have any queries on this and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks
Simon