FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how do you monetise a news portal

lekky
Hello all,
Is there an experienced man\woman\youth out there who can advise on how to monetise a news web portal. Most of the top ones are free to readers, not sure if the posters pay.

with regards
codegeek
You could apply for Google adsense. If you get a lot of genuine visitors, I think you'll be approved. After that, it is just a matter of making your site SEO friendly, and providing good content to your readers. The money will come eventually.
raaeft1
I recently started my own news web portal.
Well, Google Adsense has `banned' me due to some ``reasons'' which they did not furnish to me. However, experts tell me that Google Adsense is wary of news portals due to the high number of hits it can generate.
So I have opted for Bidvertiser and Qadbra( i am not sure of the spelling). But I have not been paid yet.
I am trying to get ads from the private entities and the Governments but they are reluctant as news web portals are a relatively newer branch of media. I have been told that the ads will start pouring in once the portal generates a substantial number of hits. Moreover, I am focusing on providing quality content.