FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Benefits of Olive oil

mshafiq
Olive oil is used for personal care.It is excellent skin moisturizer.
Also if we add a bit of olive oil to a warm bath for a good healthy soak.
if we eat regularly olives it promotes our healthy skin.
if we massage our hair with tablespoons of olive oil they become more healthy and shinny.
mshafiq
here are some more healthy benefits of olive oil.
Daily use(with salad) of olives maintain blood pressure by reducing cholesterol and reduce the rick of heart attack.
abhinavm24
for everything, try figuring out the best use of it n post it here.....
Very Happy

but mainly moisturization. Rolling Eyes
Androidgamed
Legend has it that the olive tree was a gift from the goddess Athena to humanity. Homer referred to olive oil as liquid gold, and Thomas Jefferson proclaimed it the richest gift of heaven. For centuries, a gift of olive oil was a welcome treasure. Food-lovers have never entirely forgotten the delightful golden fluid, but in recent years, a new awareness of the benefits of olive oil has been born. Science has turned its investigative eye upon it in recent years, and numerous studies have only reinforced the notion that olive oil is an amazing substance with numerous benefits.
grofet
Some people says that as long it is an oil, it is not good for your health since our body in not need any oil. Usually olive oil is expensive than palm oil but the benefits is higher than palm oil. We should avoid consume any kind of oil too much. There are many food that have negative effects if we consume it too much. What we eat is what we get in the future. We should consume olive oil not too much to stay healthy.
pravojednostavno
I would never use olive oil on my skin or other places. I don't think it is what I need. The only usage for olive oil I see is for salad dressing.
DesquisiadoMoral
But if we intake a lot of Oliva Oil will gain weight.
Recomended dosage for reducing colesterol level is one little spoon (it quantity Rolling Eyes )
pravojednostavno
DesquisiadoMoral, yes, but consider it as a healthy supplement (it is very healthy), and you do not need more than one spoon per salad bowl for the whole family. It combines very good with planning your meals: like healthy cereals for breakfast, lunch is smth with salad and skip your dinner. Result is just one spoon. Thank God, I'm so lucky to use home made virgin olive oil, plus it is very tasty Cool
playfungames
Olive Oil is the healthiest known oil to us. It has only the good cholesterol. It is good for your heart. It is used for multiple purposes like for beauty, for cooking, for health and so on. But sadly, we do not use a lot of Olive Oil in our country. I sometimes purchase it to put it in my hair. But that is it. Cooking with Olive Oil is for the rich only. It is as much as 5-6 times expensive than sunflower oils which seems to be the popular one here.
frenat8
mshafiq wrote:
Olive oil is used for personal care.It is excellent skin moisturizer.
Also if we add a bit of olive oil to a warm bath for a good healthy soak.
if we eat regularly olives it promotes our healthy skin.
if we massage our hair with tablespoons of olive oil they become more healthy and shinny.

I am using a bio-olive skin cream and it is easly recognizable how good it is in hidrating. I am planning to buy cold-pressed olive and use it on my skin, maybe I will try out cheaper "cooking oil" first, but I am not sure about the quality.

Also olive is not the best for consuming! It contains usually 2 times as much omega 6 than omega 3 wich is not a healthy ratio. Our body needs 1/3 omega 6 and 2/3 omega, so flax seed is still better, sunflower is one of the worst.
steeve
You can remove eye makeup with a cotton ball dipped in a bit of olive oil.
Olive oil strengthens hair.
olive oil is great for massage.
CreativeVeganCooking
Internally, olive oil is a mild laxative and can help relieve constipation. Olive oil also lowers the bad cholesterol while raising the good cholesterol, thus working against cardiovascular disease.

Source: H. B. Juneby, MB, BS, BA, PhD, ScD
supowski
A lot other replies are about health aspect and similar. I would just add the best taste of all oils.
mshafiq
I think olive oil is easy to digest and it is good for your body also and safe from many diseases.
playfungames
I did a research on Olive Oil back it college and there were so many benefits of this wonderful gift of nature. Besides being used for cosmetics like for the hair and skin, Olive oil has several health benefits. You could put it i your hair and make it shinier. You can eat it and it will do great for your heart and blood pressure. No wonder, it is one of the most popular cooking oil in the world.