FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO & Website marketing how do you get clicks? Or do yo

friscofrankie
Recently finished (i thought) a web site started thinking of getting visits. Discussing my site on tech forums and a couple of small business forums. Searched Google for forums gifts, gift shop jewelry, then small business, etc.
Things is, I'm not finding much and I'm impatient for results.
How do you guys generate traffic. not just what you've read but what you've experienced how does it differ from what you've read?
I'm hitting site that gets #1-10 on Google with my search terms, and none of these sites are cleanly coded, none are compliant. how important is that to search engines?
There as absolutely no "quality content" you read so much about. Are there tricks?
I've done backlink checks; the checker lists maybe 20-30 backlinks. There's 9 million sites that match my search. How do these sites get to the top? How do I? Or how do you?
Do any of you promote your sites via other forums? If you do, are there forum search sites? Anybody know of a directory of forums?
After getting my site up and "finished" I've completely changed the look. colors, images fonts the site is 40K with three images and a couple scripts. Now I'm wanting to get some general public traffic.
Now No one wants to pay more than I have to and I figure I shouldn't have to pay anything.
So What I'm wondering how many of you try to generate traffic and how many are succeeding? If you are, how?

FF