FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MSN probs

riyadh
Can someone please tell me a simple way of checking to see if someone is blocking me using only a script cos i don want a software. This software call 'Block Checker' had a torjan in it when i downloaded it.
n0obie4life
There's no way to check if a person is blocking you.
bananaphone
Block Checker for MSN Messenger is Spyware - don't download it!!
otiscom
I concurr with both the above!

ddfreaks
mail a few friends and ask them if they blocked you or if they no if they blocked you. Smile
Mark999111
hey

yes the msn blocker thing is completely crap. nothing but a trojan that sends itself to everyone online, silly people

anywho, its impossible to check if youve been blocked, unless you can somehow hack into msns servers... but im sure they have them heavily firewalled

does it matter whos blocked you? if you never see someone online who usually is online, they probably have blocked you. also try asking friends 'is bob online'

otherwise, nothing!!
Jeff_vella_leone
Mark999111 wrote:
hey

yes the msn blocker thing is completely crap. nothing but a trojan that sends itself to everyone online, silly people

anywho, its impossible to check if youve been blocked, unless you can somehow hack into msns servers... but im sure they have them heavily firewalled

does it matter whos blocked you? if you never see someone online who usually is online, they probably have blocked you. also try asking friends 'is bob online'

otherwise, nothing!!

well i agree with mark accept that i never heared of this blocker/spyware
U should first mail them like mark said and chek if they did it on purpose or ask ur m8ts
what i want to add is that maybe u have spyware or a trojan/virus allready on ur pc that is blocking the connection to his pc maybe its ur m8 firewall blocking u because ur pc is infacted
i suggest that u scan ur pc well with spyware doctor ( http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tag=srch&nid=1&qt=spyware+doctor&tg=dl-20 or http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/?ref=google_sd)
well i don't use msn anymore because it has microsoft spyware in it allthough there is no way to detect/block it (unless ur an expert programmer).
So the best way is not to use msn or better using it without using the program.
I use trillian (http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=trillian&tg=dl-20) it has msn, yahoo, irc, aol, icq all in one program and u can log in with different usernames simultaneasly + it has a good downloader that has auto resume and tryes to play information downloaded even if error occours during transfer (if u download a song and user got offline at half the download so transfer didn't finish, u can listen to half the song)
try using trillian instead, it works better and try to have a yahoo account so if u can't use msn u can still contact him on yahoo if both are blocked then its not the messanger maybe it him that has a bad firewall (too protective or messed with the settings)
for a free/secure/good scan for viruses u can go here:
http://it.trendmicro-europe.com/housecall/v6.5/
Lord Klorel
Hey everybody,

I have a problem with msn messenger. since yesterday evening i am trying to add someone, but the adding script says:This person don't have a Microsoft Passport. The adres of the person ends op @msn.be

I don't understand it; because he can communicate with other persons, but not with me. Shocked

How is this possible? Question

Is it maybe a problem at messenger himself or the address?

I hope that someone can answer me about this problem.
Jeff_vella_leone
Lord Klorel wrote:
Hey everybody,

I have a problem with msn messenger. since yesterday evening i am trying to add someone, but the adding script says:This person don't have a Microsoft Passport. The adres of the person ends op @msn.be

I don't understand it; because he can communicate with other persons, but not with me. Shocked

How is this possible? Question

Is it maybe a problem at messenger himself or the address?

I hope that someone can answer me about this problem.

well i got a m8 that has his email address ending @msn.com but not at msn.be
try to make him msn.com maybe it takes it.
Can u send emails to him? (his email inbox)
can he enter his mailbox and send email to ppl from there?
if u allready tryed everything u could convince him to make an other msn account nearly everyone can have it for some ppl that u dont want to show them that ur online. U can contact him with the new account and i suggest making it @hotmail.com (it works everytime).
rvec
@ the first problem it is possible but don't download anything. There are several sites who can check if someone is online. If he/she is but you can't talk to him there might be a chance he/she blocked you
Lord Klorel
The problem with my friend is solved.

He give me a wrong the wrong adres. It was @msn.com and not @msn.be

Thanks for helping me with this stupid problem.

That i didn't see my self. Embarassed
Jeff_vella_leone
Lord Klorel wrote:
The problem with my friend is solved.

He give me a wrong the wrong adres. It was @msn.com and not @msn.be

Thanks for helping me with this stupid problem.

That i didn't see my self. Embarassed

no problem, we are humans after all, we make errors so nvm
i mentioned the msn.com in my previos post, hope it helped
good day