FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New .ML .GA .CF

RoylanM
Guys I hope .ML is better than .tk, it's from MALI and I know people will use it thinking .ml means "make legal" and you know what means for the US and the internet. Also the .GA & .CF are completely paid domains.
deanhills
I don't find .tk bad at all. I haven't had any problems so far. Only thing that is slightly challenging is that one can only renew one's domain two weeks before the expiry date. And for that one has to be quite disciplined. It also doesn't come with plenty of reminders like one would get with a paid domain registrar.
zimmer
deanhills wrote:
I don't find .tk bad at all. I haven't had any problems so far. Only thing that is slightly challenging is that one can only renew one's domain two weeks before the expiry date. And for that one has to be quite disciplined. It also doesn't come with plenty of reminders like one would get with a paid domain registrar.

I agree with deanhills. I like the .tk domain panel control to its simplicity and most of all trustworthiness on the .tk name.

Not only that, they have also given called "fish" points and if you can find some referral you get more points. Then, you can exchange your fish to a " t shirt, hut, USB, and other items which they will give you free delivery..

Is it that amazing?

What is .GA and .CF means?
RoylanM
I know .GA is for some place in Germany, I don't know what .CF is.
RosenCruz
.tk works fine for me too. Never had any issues Wink
dude_xyx
I registered bestcameras.ml/. Then I tried to register cupcakes.com and asked to pay $99. Either they thought I was too greedy or it's a premium domain. Very Happy
RosenCruz
So, how do we register .ml domains ???
dude_xyx
RosenCruz wrote:

You can register one here,

Code:
http://www.point.ml/en/index.html?lang=en

Only one free domain per account. If you want more you have to pay.
RoylanM
I've registered over six domains,but then I registered with http://Freenom.com.
RoylanM
RosenCruz wrote:
.tk works fine for me too. Never had any issues Wink
I was referring to the problems with people abusing .tk domains when I was "I hope it's better than .tk"
RosenCruz
dude_xyx wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:

You can register one here,

Code:
http://www.point.ml/en/index.html?lang=en

Only one free domain per account. If you want more you have to pay.

Thanks for the information Wink
andro_king
Even I don't have any problem with .tk domain Smile
RoylanM
It seems like nobody has paid attention to my last comments, as I said I meant that .ml doesn't have the problems with some people abusing the tld like .tk and also if you register with http://freenom.com you can have unlimited .ml domains
dude_xyx
RoylanM wrote:
It seems like nobody has paid attention to my last comments, as I said I meant that .ml doesn't have the problems with some people abusing the tld like .tk and also if you register with http://freenom.com you can have unlimited .ml domains

did you register several domains there for free ? I have to try this.
RoylanM
dude_xyx wrote:
RoylanM wrote:

did you register several domains there for free ? I have to try this.

Yes and now all the domains they offer are free & paid. But don't abuse this anyone.
harrer
.ml provider looks very much like.tk as far as the interface is concerned.

Maybe it's the same people responsible for .tk
Peterssidan
harrer wrote:
.ml provider looks very much like.tk as far as the interface is concerned.

Maybe it's the same people responsible for .tk

Looks like they simply copied the Dot TK website, changed "Dot TK" to "Point ML", changed the wording a bit and removed a lot of stuff. They even forgot to remove the google analytics code for dot.tk on the policies page.
RoylanM
They took over the .tk projects I hope people are able to register domains okay
harrer
Can anyone help. point.ml redirects to freenom. In freenom whenever I try and create a ml, ga or cf site, it says invalid site name. But for any tk site it works.

How? Is there something we need to do?
RoylanM
That problem is fixed now, the new .tk domain intergration has some bugs i guess.
dude_xyx
Hmm I have to see if I can register another domain or 2. But I wonder if they would put a renewal fee or something for next year.
deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:
Hmm I have to see if I can register another domain or 2. But I wonder if they would put a renewal fee or something for next year.
I have a feeling that is EXACTLY what is going to happen with these. They're just too good to be true to last forever.
dude_xyx
deanhills wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
I have a feeling that is EXACTLY what is going to happen with these. They're just too good to be true to last forever.

Yeah nothing comes free. There's always a catch. I haven't had time to see if I can get another domain there though.
Pippo90
RoylanM wrote:
I know .GA is for some place in Germany, I don't know what .CF is.

Gabon and Central African Republic. Wink
grofet
Right now i don't have interest in using freenom domain names. I need a domain name that can automatically renew the expiration for a long time of period. So when i die the domain name is still registered under my name for more than five years. I think there is no free domain name that offer long time service. Freenom domain need to renew every years with only several days of time to renew the domain. There are big possibility if i failed to renew the domain names, freenom make the domain inactive, premium or make it available to register by the public. I'd prefer to use paid tld domain such as .com .net and .org since i can register the domain for 10 years. So, i don't have to worry about the domain renewal every year. If i forget to renew the domain, i can renew the domain on the third year or more. I will have long time period to renew the domain name to make sure the domain have more that 9 years of active in the internet.