FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CName?

Simulator
Hi, do you allow CName, or do I have to go to the people who I registered my domain with?
dan751
Hi. Can you be more specific so we can help you??
Simulator
I need to add a CNAME record to the DNS registry for simandsim.com. . I'm not sure what control of the DNS record you give me, but most hosts allow you to point "video".simandsim.com to another web server.

So for instance,
www.simandsim.com goes to your web server
video.simandsim.com goes to another web server.

It is important to note though this is not "forwarding your domain", as this will not work it needs to be done at the CNAME level.

That help?
Bondings
I don't think this is possible with cpanel.
Simulator
I see.... so you can't point my video.simandsim.com domain towards vidiac.com no?
gonzo
Bondings wrote:
I don't think this is possible with cpanel.

It is from your WHM

On the left click "edit a DNS zone"

pick the account

and add the fields at the bottom

Simulator wrote:
I see.... so you can't point my video.simandsim.com domain towards vidiac.com no?

If you are the registrant for vidiac.com then you can specify alternate name servers, then setup your own DNS, pay a third party, or use one of many free providers like Afraid.org. Or if your domain is hosted by Bonding's overlord they can configure the recordsets for you
Simulator
Bondings can you plase do that for me please? I think he just said too point it to vidiac.com
Simulator
Ok sorry for the DP, but if you can please point video.simandsim.com to vidiac.com on a Cname Level please
Bondings
Ok, I just changed it for you. Please check it on your end.

Gonzo, please note that I said 'cpanel' and not 'whm' as I normally don't offer these kind of things to users.
Simulator
Thank you very much I have emailed the guy and he should get back to me soon, thanks again Bondings