FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dear Bondings

ibraltan1
Dear Bondings

Due to a sudden increase in the number of visitors, it seems my website will run out of the traffic limit of 35GB by the end of the month.

Is it possible to increase bandwith limit?

Best regards.
cybersa
I think increasing Bandwidth limit is not possible.
But you can ask Bondings to reset for this month.
twotrophy
Bondings is usually inactive for a long time now. I believe that he was much more active a long time ago. You may also want to consider paid hosting in the future if you have too many visitors for Frihost hosting and if you are dedicated to your website.
Peterssidan
Maybe you could optimize your site to use less bandwidth. There should be statistics (Webalizer and Awstats) available in the control panel that you can look at to see where most bandwith is used.

For pages and files that rarely change you could set the Expires HTTP header using mod_expires to make the browser cache the files for a longer time. If that isn't enough you should consider hosting images and other big files elsewhere. For images, using an image host like imgur.com would probably be fine.

But look at the stats first and focus on where the most bandwidth is lost. It is quite possible that just a few files use most of your bandwidth.
RoylanM
Bondings should hire more staff to work for Frihost and then it'd be maintained most of the week. I barely see the moderators on.
Ankhanu
RoylanM wrote:
Bondings should hire more staff to work for Frihost and then it'd be maintained most of the week. I barely see the moderators on.

Moderators are on fairly frequently, but we only have rights to moderate the messageboard; it's the admins who have access to user accounts and hosting. Unfortunately, they haven't been very active recently.
RosenCruz
ibraltan1 wrote:
Dear Bondings

Due to a sudden increase in the number of visitors, it seems my website will run out of the traffic limit of 35GB by the end of the month.

Is it possible to increase bandwith limit?

Best regards.

Wow ! What kind of web site is that using more than 35 Gb Traffic ?

May be you should move to a VPS ? Even paid shared hosting may suspend your account. I wonder the CPU and Ram usage of your sites Laughing
RoylanM
I thought it was unlimited traffic?
Peterssidan
RoylanM wrote:

No it clearly says 35 GB of traffic on the first page. 35 GB per month that is.

frihost.com wrote:
At Frihost, we offer free php web hosting without advertisements to all our active members with the following features:
  • 1500 MB of disk space
  • 35 GB of traffic
  • No maximum file size
  • A free subdomain of your choice (eg. yoursite.frihost.org)
  • Unlimited domains and subdomains of your own
  • Php, perl, python, cgi, ssi and other scripting languages
  • Unlimited MySQL databases
  • Ftp access and browser uploads
  • Unlimited email accounts
  • cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel
  • No forced advertisements at all! Your own ads are allowed

All hosts has some limit. If they say it's unlimited it just means they don't want to you to know.
johans
cybersa wrote:
I think increasing Bandwidth limit is not possible.
But you can ask Bondings to reset for this month.

I think bandwidth is auto reset every month..
deanhills
RoylanM wrote:
Where did you get that thought from? Think about it logically, how could disk space and bandwidth ever be unlimited when we are on a shared server?
neiesc
could use Amazon Web Service or others (for img etc. ..)
Peterssidan
Oh, and if you don't store your images elsewhere make sure they are not hotlinked from other sites. If they are you better implement some kind of hotlinked protection that wastes less bandwidth.
ibraltan1
Hi everybody,
Thank you Peterssidan and thank you all other helpful friends from Frihost community of which I have been happy becoming a member. Since I was busy with transferring my website I could not write an answer. Yes, as you expected there has been no sign of any reply from management. So I transported my website and solved bandwidth problem. Indeed, paid hosting provided also better speed. However, I can again use Frihost. Because, I think there is no better free hosting in the world in terms of quality and infrastructure apart from support. I wish there were better support. By the way, during my struggle, my ip was blacklisted. Unfortunately, there is nobody to hear my voice on the Frihost side. Even, the situation is still the same. If this deficiency were removed, Frihost would become almost perfect place for newcomers of internet broadcasting. So, thank you Frihost, thank you Bondings. I hope you are in good health.