FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php

chathu1122
is the php best ?
medesignz
chathu1122 wrote:
is the php best ?
Darn straight it is!
Bluedoll
Sorry, don’t understand the question. Better than what? Php is a scripting language for server based web sites? Html is a general-purpose language for web pages in browsers? Javascript, java beans enable cute little apps to occur within a browser? Why compare?

C, and many other languages have specific uses also, like python for example that is used for game development. Isn’t it about finding the right computer language for the job and some times personal favorite? I suppose that would make it the best.
Nyasro
its the best
very easy
loosely written code
lots of free open source applications

and lots of more
badai
Bluedoll wrote:
Sorry, don’t understand the question. Better than what? Php is a scripting language for server based web sites? Html is a general-purpose language for web pages in browsers? Javascript, java beans enable cute little apps to occur within a browser? Why compare?

C, and many other languages have specific uses also, like python for example that is used for game development. Isn’t it about finding the right computer language for the job and some times personal favorite? I suppose that would make it the best.

when people ask simple question, just give them simple answer. most importantly, don't throw in irrelevant stuffs in your answer. sure you can throw in all other server side stuff or even compare php=gtk will visual studio 2013, but if you start to include stuff that only run on browser, that just stupid.

if you can just tell him whatever server side that can run on server that also can run php, now that's clever. hint: find out which servers that can run php, then find out what can also run on those servers, then give your comparison.
RoylanM
PHP can be a pain in the rear sometimes, I personally prefer javascript over most coding langueages.
lemonedia
RoylanM wrote:
PHP can be a pain in the rear sometimes, I personally prefer javascript over most coding langueages.

The thing about Javascript though, is it runs in the client.

PHP runs on the server.

So, there's security differences between the two.
Bluedoll
badai wrote:
if you can just tell him whatever server side that can run on server that also can run php, now that's clever. hint: find out which servers that can run php, then find out what can also run on those servers, then give your comparison.

ASP
PERL SCRIPTS
Ruby on Rails
CGI
Possibly ... Python base http server library is a server side language

I am not a programmer but I suspect it depends on how advanced you are, what you want to do with it and what style you like since every language has a different approach?

There are other factors in deciding which lanquage to go with like if a new or old lanquage is acceptable. I guess it is good to keep up-to-date but some older methods might appeal to you as well.

When you are learning something, sometimes you find a tutorial that written in a way that you can follow so that helps too. The teacher can help in the learning process.

Perhaps someone else can explain why php is the best. Maybe it is the best, I really don’t know for sure – just wanted to offer up my viewpoint.
manfer
Firsly just clarify that CGI is not a language. A CGI script can be written in perl or python for example.

The benefit of PHP when you are new to programming is that it is easy to learn, its functions are well documented even with plenty of examples, there is a large community behind it, and there are lots of scripts coded in PHP for you to learn, collaborate on those projects, code extensions, work on support, etc...
badai
manfer wrote:
Firsly just clarify that CGI is not a language. A CGI script can be written in perl or python for example.

The benefit of PHP when you are new to programming is that it is easy to learn, its functions are well documented even with plenty of examples, there is a large community behind it, and there are lots of scripts coded in PHP for you to learn, collaborate on those projects, code extensions, work on support, etc...

ya.. he obviously know nuts, that's is why he answer the question with another question that is totally irrelevant.
Qantas94Heavy
lemonedia wrote:
RoylanM wrote:

PHP runs on the server.

Not necessarily - NodeJS is a server-side project that uses JavaScript to code web pages. But you're right, the most significant and well-known use for JavaScript is for client-side programming, used to directly interact with the user without the server latency needed, and also to build rich web applications able to be run on almost any computer out there.
jmraker
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
lemonedia wrote:

PHP runs on the server.

Not necessarily - NodeJS is a server-side project that uses JavaScript to code web pages. But you're right, the most significant and well-known use for JavaScript is for client-side programming, used to directly interact with the user without the server latency needed, and also to build rich web applications able to be run on almost any computer out there.

The way I see it, http://nodejs.org/ is a server oriented JavaScript platform that is pretty much runs as it's own application server. It's more of a web server plus php replacement than just a php replacement. Because it runs in a different type of environment is entirely different the objects and methods provided by node.js are somewhat entirely different than the browser based JavaScript.
medesignz
The key to learning PHP, or any other coding language for that matter, is that you should do everything by hand.

If you were to just sit there and copy and paste examples of work, then you will no doubt end up learning nothing at all.

Do it yourself, and before you know it, it will start sinking in.