FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Comrade Snowden: Russia is a great defender of human rights

handfleisch
Quote:
These nations, including Russia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Ecuador have my gratitude and respect for being the first to stand against human rights violations carried out by the powerful rather than the powerless. ...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/07/12/201399605/snowden-to-meet-with-activists-issue-new-statement
Klaw 2
ONLY if it suits them...
handfleisch
Comrade Snowden has been granted one-year asylum in Russia, where he will most likely be treated as a VIP and celebrity, partying with Russian model/prostitutes. But he'll have to laugh at Putin's jokes and not work for any human rights, like those of the Pussy Riot protesters who are in prison for years for singing a protest song in a church. Good job, Snowden. The mental health care is free in Russia for you, too.
JoryRFerrell
Not so much. The Russian language may sound beautiful, but their political/human-right's record is just plain fooking ugly. Russia will use this as an opportunity to make the US look bad in eastern Europe, China, and even possibly gain more favor with folks rooting for Snowden in ME countries....though I am sure support will be very, very limited in that arena seeing as just Russia looooves to stomp on some ME territory (thereby earning a huge, well publicized portion, of it's poor Human Right's record.).

Yea...Russia is simply playing poker. Shame on you