FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Geeks Suck at Kissing A$$

miteY
I saw this somewhere online and decided to share. But I'm not sure this is the right section, so please mods feel free to move it to the right section if it's not ok here.

A geek might not laugh at your joke if he doesn’t find it funny.

A geek might not talk to you unless he feels like it and might not respond sometimes when spoken to.

A geek might not try to be friends with you just for the sake of it, unless he finds areas of intersection of interests.

A geek is totally clueless about how to “do eye service, grovel and play dog eat dog office politics”.

A geek doesn’t know how to flatter just to curry favour.

A geek basically doesn’t give a F.U.C.K

The corporate world is a very difficult for a geek or creative to thrive in, especially when the geek possess most or all of the prior stated traits. Your boss expects you to “do eye service” e.g. “Morning Ma, you are looking awesome today”, “Morning Sir, nice suit, you look dapper, thanks to madam” blah blah blah, bullshit. If you don’t do any of these, you don’t get into good books of your boss. Also, your colleagues expect you to be a Mr Nice Guy, fun, hyper, ever positive person, which isn’t easy to do.

Most geeks/creatives acquired the skills they posses by spending huge tracts of “alone time” so most times they might not have the same level of social skills as their coding skills due to lack of exercising it. Therefore a geek forced to work in a heavily regimented corporate environment would spend it walking around with a target painted on his back and a sign on his head saying “SHOOT ME”.

His colleagues might call him strange, queer, abnormal etc just because he doesn’t fit into the mould of who they feel a normal person should behave.

News Flash People!!! A geek is different and proudly so. You might ostracize him but he wont give a ****** because the more you leave him alone, the more time he would have to work on what he loves to do. To those who don’t know, they may find him aloof or cold but he is just being himself.
Marcuzzo
I thought there was a law in Nigeria that outlaws 'kissing ass'
oh wait, that was Oeganda Twisted Evil
miteY
Marcuzzo wrote:

Lol. Well it is technically not a law yet, just a bill that was passed. It is still under debate in the Senate.

And despite that, it will only be wrong if the owner of the ass being kissed is of the same sex Razz.
Marcuzzo
miteY
Marcuzzo wrote:

Eat the poo poo!

LOLZZ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But this happened in Uganda. I will like to think Nigerians are more sympathetic to gays.

@Marcuzzo. You let's not derail this thread. Create a new thread on the issue and post the link here.

Damn, that video was frigging hilarious!
metalfreek
May be this post would be suitable in the Jokes section but anyways some of the lines are really good. Very Happy
miteY
I believe I'm a geek and do many of the things on the list, but I guess it's those around me that can really say :/
Marcuzzo
OK, sorry for derailing the thread, back on topic,

Why is this topic even here?
You say that geeks don't give a **** and that you believe you are a geek.
Per definition you shouldn't have even started this thread because you simply just don't care.
Do you even care what people around you say about you?
people can say whatever they want about me, and I couldn't care less.
miteY
^^^^ Then maybe I am not as much of a geek as I thought I was Confused
zimmer
Marcuzzo wrote:

Come on.. no discrimination please.. Cool
masterekat
It's an interesting concept to think about, regardless of whether or not one cares what others think of him or her. It's a simple issue of being a conformist/nonconformist. My husband and I were discussing this topic a few days ago... He used to get made fun of as a kid in school until finally one day he decided, "I like myself. I'm just going to be me regardless of what others think." So from then on, he gave up trying to fit in with people who didn't like him for him and just did what he liked to do instead. So for this reason I believe that the "not kissing a$$" mentality for geeks goes back to being in school. Now, as someone who is interested in psychology, my question is one of nature vs. nurture. Are geeks born not caring whether they go against the grain or not (the a$$-kissing mentality)? Or is it a learned behavior that happens simply as a result of never being able to fit in regardless of repeated efforts?
Cosmoslayer
Couldn't help it but laugh at that video. What is it have to do with the US president? LOL
Marcuzzo
masterekat wrote:
He used to get made fun of as a kid in school until finally one day he decided, "I like myself.?

I more or mess went through the same experience, that and punching the 'leader' right in the mouth.
besides, what defines one as a geek? a smart person that gets good grades at school? one that dresses funny? I don't know.
masterekat
From Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Not to be confused with Nerd. A geek does not have to be smart, a Geek is someone who is generally not athletic, and enjoys Video Games; Comic Books; being on the internet, and etc.
Cosmoslayer
masterekat wrote:
From Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Not to be confused with Nerd. A geek does not have to be smart, a Geek is someone who is generally not athletic, and enjoys Video Games; Comic Books; being on the internet, and etc.

So that makes me a Geek then? Shocked
Insanity
I don't think any of those points relate to what a geek actually is. I also think these generalizations don't help anything. I get that people are trying to get away from the stigma that being a geek is usually associated with, but I don't really think that's much of a problem nowadays, so it's not really anything to wworry about.