FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need php script

tamilparks
I need the php script for getting users registration and login to display the users profile. then the user can search other users profile. if any one please help me
rx9876
tamilparks wrote:
I need the php script for getting users registration and login to display the users profile. then the user can search other users profile. if any one please help me

Maybe you can use phpBB forum system to do the user registration and login to display the users profile thing.
Profile searching might need to alter the search function.
Marcuzzo
tamilparks wrote:

I'm shocked, from a user that has been around since 2006 and has over 1400 post you should know that this is not the way things work around here.

Show us what you already have and maybe we could help you with this script of yours..

who knows, you may get lucky and a new user that is desperately seeking point will actualy code the thing but I don't think that any seniors would do that
Gregoric
Also, who the heck recommends phpBB in 2013? Seriously?! One of (if not the) worst choices around there in the internet. Okay enough offtopying.

About the topic, you have some scratch already?
rx9876
Gregoric wrote:
Also, who the heck recommends phpBB in 2013? Seriously?! One of (if not the) worst choices around there in the internet. Okay enough offtopying.

It's just a workable solution that uses freeware and does a little modifying to meet his requirement.

To build a user management system from zero is very difficult.

If you have any better suggestion, please list it.
zimmer
Marcuzzo wrote:
tamilparks wrote:

I'm shocked, from a user that has been around since 2006 and has over 1400 post you should know that this is not the way things work around

I guess his one of the pioneering here in frihost..

I think you got more negative points.. but nice to see those 2006 years!! cool
Marcuzzo
rx9876 wrote:
Gregoric wrote:

It's just a workable solution that uses freeware and does a little modifying to meet his requirement.

To build a user management system from zero is very difficult.

If you have any better suggestion, please list it.

who says you need to start from scratch, there are plenty of frameworks out there that can help.
I mostly use CodeIgniter as a base platform for my websites and when the need to create and manage users arises I will use the Ion_Auth library.

I'm sure that there are other frameworks out there that in one's eye's may be better but that is another discussion altogether. When choosing a framework it all comes down to personal preference.
metalfreek
No one is going to give you that sort of code. It takes a lot of time to make a descent user system unless someone is using some sort of CMS or framework.

It will be better to show us what you've go and we might help you every step of the way.

But for a login system a good starting point will be database structure and security issues.
Arrogant
I can tell you how it can be done.
First create a user table having name,password,username etc
then user form to get the data from user and use php to write it in database
create a login by authenticating it with the database value
logout can be done by destroying the sesion.
Marcuzzo
Arrogant wrote:
I can tell you how it can be done.
First create a user table having name,password,username etc
then user form to get the data from user and use php to write it in database
create a login by authenticating it with the database value
logout can be done by destroying the sesion.

if it only were that simple... Laughing

@ Tamilparks, seriously, show us what you have and we will direct you in the right direction in whichever way we can.
Pande
Malware detected on the site in your signature...

"Content from www.topblogarea.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your Mac with malware."
rx9876
Marcuzzo wrote:

who says you need to start from scratch, there are plenty of frameworks out there that can help.
I mostly use CodeIgniter as a base platform for my websites and when the need to create and manage users arises I will use the Ion_Auth library.

I'm sure that there are other frameworks out there that in one's eye's may be better but that is another discussion altogether. When choosing a framework it all comes down to personal preference.

Yeah, my bad.
Using framework and libraries can't be taken as building from zero for people who has proper programming ability.

I have a prejudgment that a person ask a question like that is not a programmer willing to build a system like you said,
even there are some framework and library to fasten the coding progress.
That's why I give the effortless suggestion.

Let's wait for his/her response.