FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Majoras Mask? Should I play it?

Cruxader
So here is the deal. Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of my all time favorite games. I've played it and beat it multiple times and it's always been enjoyable. Ocarina of Time is incredibly rewarding to beat. Every time I finish it I always think: "This is probably the best game ever made." I know not every game can live up to that standard. But I do have a question, see below:

I own a copy of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The last time I attempted to play it was probably 2006. For whatever reason, I cannot get into it. I think I just get incredibly annoyed by the time constraint thing and having to "help" the townsfolk etc. It just frustrates me for some reason. My question is, does it get better as you get more into the game? Has anyone else been mildly annoyed by it, but stuck it out and felt rewarded for playing it through?

I guess I'm just asking because it kind of bothers me that I own it and have never beaten it. With that said, however, I guess I'm okay with not beating it if it ends up being kind of a waste of time.
Peterssidan
I have not played it much myself but I have watched other people play it and I think it is a good game. Not as good as Ocarina of Time, but a good game. I found the repeated time line concept very interesting and something I have not seen in other games. It's not the original Zelda story with Ganon and Zelda so if that's what you expect then maybe it helps if you don't think of it as a Zelda game. If it's a waste of time for you I can't say.
DesquisiadoMoral
It's a good game (Ocarina of TIme is the best), of course you can play with new features like masks, jumping around time. It's someting like a continuation of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Recomended.
Gadict
Oh, yes. Very highly recommend MM.
That was a fantastic game. Something about collecting a bunch of masks just really makes me giddy.
And the boss fights were spectacular, and the story was great, and, and, and... I just get so excited about Zelda games. Razz
75alex
I still remember playing MM, it's a really different mood from most other Zelda games but it's awesome !
LostOverThere
I've been meaning to play it as well. Everything I hear about it makes it sound, well, amazing.

I've just finished playing Wind Waker (HD) for the first time, which I adored, but hearing about this strange, dark, Zelda game just makes me antsy to play it.
Zarzelius
IMO, if you are not expecting Majora's Mask to be a better game that Ocarine of Time was, then you should definitely play it.It took me a loooong time to actually get into finishing it after OoT because that was one of the best games ive played (up there with FFVII, MGS3 adn some others).Is a lot of fun but personally, i prefer OoT over it.
dxverm
It is a good game worth playing, but I understand your grief with the beginning of the game. It took me a long while to finally get past the first part of the game thats timed, but after you get past that the game is awesome. I will probably go back and beat it again this year after I get a huge chunk of the ps3 games I want to complete done.
DarkWizard
Yes, you should play it.
It has a lot of adventure and is very highly rated.
muntja
Cruxader wrote:
So here is the deal. Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of my all time favorite games. I've played it and beat it multiple times and it's always been enjoyable. Ocarina of Time is incredibly rewarding to beat. Every time I finish it I always think: "This is probably the best game ever made." I know not every game can live up to that standard. But I do have a question, see below:

I own a copy of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The last time I attempted to play it was probably 2006. For whatever reason, I cannot get into it. I think I just get incredibly annoyed by the time constraint thing and having to "help" the townsfolk etc. It just frustrates me for some reason. My question is, does it get better as you get more into the game? Has anyone else been mildly annoyed by it, but stuck it out and felt rewarded for playing it through?

I guess I'm just asking because it kind of bothers me that I own it and have never beaten it. With that said, however, I guess I'm okay with not beating it if it ends up being kind of a waste of time.

i guess no one can actually tell you that you'll like it or not; i can personally say i feel the same about octorina as you do, but majora's mask is certainly more of a favorite game than that; i like the time thing; really shouldn't/doesn't getin your way if you; you use it to make the right choices at the right times. i think you should play it, it's an incrediblty fun good game;
pravojednostavno
You should play it - it is a very good game
Iceaxe0410
Yeah, Majora's Mask could get some used to. I remember when I first played it, I did get a bit annoyed by the time constraints, but it starts to grow on you as you progress. You get to see how the changes you make affect the game as you play in further. It gives you a sense of accomplishment or progress despite there being a time constraint. It's one of the better games for the n64. I definitely think it's worth another try.