FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tried fluid simulation for the first time.

mahirh
Used and real flow 5 for the simulation and Cinema4d for the rest. I guess it turned out better than i hoped for. I used Vray as the render engine which comes with C4d doesn't know what glass-like stuff will look like. My machine didn't have enough power to render the whole thing in a day. I ended up being impatient and render do the whole simulation. It was a Sandy bridge i7-2600 but the PSU was a huge bottleneck.

Ive never used such an extremely powerful tool before. It was just amazing beyond description.
Everything in Full 480P Glory in the blog
I guess I'm too easily impressed. The render took 18 hours or so.

And I'm terribly sorry for the camera shake, it was a mistake. One that i shouldn't have made.
karanjabk
wow. that looks great. am also a cinema4d user but i prefer the render time on Cinema4d compared to 3ds max or Maya, especially with V-Ray. And yes i have tried all three softwares, but i decided to stick to cinema4d, mainly due to ease and speed of comlpleteing a project.
Keep it up, I think I'll try my own fluid simulations
mahirh
Well, Vray does exist for C4D. It seems to be quite evident in these renders. At least for me, that is. C4D has always been shit at rendering objects with any refraction at all.
jajarvin
Nice work.