FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpMyAdmin Create database: No Privileges

Possum
Hi

have used phpMyadmin to create databases on my local computer for many years but I got this message on my new 64 Win 7 machine..

Create database: No Privileges

Not to sure what to do...

thx
Peterssidan
I have never been able to create databases from phpMyAdmin here on Frihost. You should be able to do it from the control panel (DirectAdmin or cPanel).
cybersa
Possum wrote:
Hi

have used phpMyadmin to create databases on my local computer for many years but I got this message on my new 64 Win 7 machine..

thx

I think you have messed something with settings.
Reinstall the server.
I recommend XAMMP server.
alvarorojas4
cybersa wrote:
Possum wrote:
Hi

thx

I think you have messed something with settings.
Reinstall the server.
I recommend XAMMP server.

This!
I think that you should reinstall.
Possum
arrrrrrrrrrrr reinstall it is then... For some crazy reason I never though of that..
manfer
On a default mysql installation only root user has the privilege to create databases. That root user has in fact the whole global privileges. Any other user you create has only the privileges you give the user upon creation and normally the creation of databases is not a privilege that is assigned (as well as none of the global privileges are assigned). Users normally only have privileges to deal with their owned databases and nothing else.

So mostly the problem is a problem of privileges configuration. If you connect to phpmyadmin with the root user you can manage users including their privileges so the problem should be easy to resolve. A reinstall shouldn't be needed.

But well, if you don't have the knowledge to solve the issue and you have no problem on uninstalling and reinstalling the software that's a way to solve the problem too... as far as after reinstalling the mysql database you start to work with root user when it comes to database creation or otherwise you give the other users you want to be able to create databases the privilege for database creation.
metalfreek
When you start XAMPP start it with the Admin previlage. (Right click on XAMPP icon and click on run as administrator). Then start Apache and MySQL. See if this works.
Possum
I use WAMP but this may be a good time to experiment with XAMPP