FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DVD-ROM does not fit

codegeek
I opened up my computer for some cleanup. (I spilled tea on it a couple of weeks ago). Well, when I tried to close everything up, the DVD drive snapped. The port of the motherboard where it's supposed to be inserted got bent. What should I do? I tried straightening out the port, but when I try to insert the drive, it bends it again. I think I could open everything up, then put the DVD drive in and then close everything up again, but maybe there's an easier solution? Has anyone encountered something like this?
badai
I know as a code geek you are not very good at hardware, but you must be at least good at writing detail description on how to reproduce any error you have encounter where people can just read without actually doing each step of it.
Peterssidan
There isn't another port on the motherboard that you can use?
crazyfffan
You might want to show some pictures, or at least you must know which port is the drive connected to the mainboard. My guess is that you accidentally destroy one SATA port, if that's the case you just need to use another one, as a normal mainboard should have at least 4 SATA port.