FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


do u smoke or take drugs ( even for testing)





statusfashions
hi,
its always written in bold letters in every packet and its a world known fact how cigarette is harmful to our health but billions of people do regularly smoke without any care.
also many many people do take drugs to get on " high" state.
this thread is to ask all frihost users whether u smoke ( cigarette or any other drugs ) or not.
as for my anwer i never smoke nor have tried any drugs ,
what abt u????
n0obie4life
I took drugs before. I think since I was 3.

Medicine drugs.
althalus
statusfashions wrote:
...many many people do take drugs to get on " high" state....
n0obie4life wrote:
..Medicine drugs..
That's not quite what he was asking for, n0obie, unless you took the medicine for the wrong resons, which I don't believe you did. Wink

I used to take anti-depressants a few years ago. Not for a very long time, only a few months. Part of me needed it. Part of me just wanted it for the attention. I guess you could say I took them for the wrong reasons (not entirely, as I was depressed, but I was seeking the feeling of being "abnormal", and from that, "cool", by needing them).. If that makes sence. Confused Dunno if they helped me in any direction, but I met a girl (online) and from talking to her, I felt much better. Eventually I told the docs I was quitting the pills.
falconfx
I don't smoke neither take drugs. I wanna live my life in its total fullness. Smile
mtoni
Nope,
I don't use any drug, even though its quite easy to get it (softdrugs and Holland Smile )

I suppose you don't think caffeine a drug ?
SunburnedCactus
Well, it is technically a stimulant.
mstreet
I find it amazing how acceptable it is to smoke in Europe and the UK. They are just starting to "ban" smoking in certain restaurants and public places. I know when I was in the Netherlands a couple of years ago, my cousins were complaining that they will not be able to smoke at their desks while they are working.
I'm one of those who call themselves a casual smoker, I smoke when I'm at a bar/pub and am having a drink. I never started smoking until I was 18 and the only reason why I did was I had just moved from Manitoba (drinking age there is 1Cool and I turned 18 in Ontario (drinking age 19) the only thing I could legally do that I was not able to do before was to buy cigarrettes so that's what I did.
leeleez
i smoke when i feel like it but.... casually
tingkagol
I am a smoker. Got my first smoke when I was also 18. I used to smoke Winston, but now I shifted to Marlboro red. I first started smoking when I was in college. I had this large breaks in between classes and I had nothing to do. Although it preoccupies you when you are bored, it's pathetic nonetheless. I'm hooked.

I used to smoke marijuana, but only for a few months when I was 19 or 20 (I'm 23 now). I just quit. I dunno, maybe because of it being "illegal" and hard to find (and its high price) that gets you to quit easily. Whereas with cigarettes, it costs less than a quarter a stick, and it's so accessible that you can get it nextdoor.

I had no regrets, nonetheless.
arno
I hate smoke. I think It is worst thing in the world. Evil or Very Mad
bdoneck
Nope. I tried marijuana once but I didn't like it at all. I haven't done anything of that nature since.
Helios
Nope. Don't smoke nor take any drugs.
Even avoid taking medicine drugs Wink
prillan
I dont smoke or taking drugs, im only 14.
Well i have tested to smoke once, but OMG. Never again!.
I can't realise how ppl can think thats good.. Twisted Evil Shocked Confused
morningstar
I`m smoking a cigarette right now. I´m used to that since I´m 18.

For about 10 years I also smoked pot every day. But I lost my driving licence for that reason and so I stopped that to get it back. I feel better now and I won`t risk my driving licence again.

I also tryed out many drugs more like cocain, amphetamine or lsd and magic mushrooms. But these are all to risky and you should keep away. Shame on you

I`m just having some drinks at parties now.
JayC108
I have never smoked and I have never taken drugs, mainly because I know what it will do to you. I've had family members that have died because they chose to take drugs, and smoke. My brothers smoke and no matter how hard I tell them to stop, it just does not seem to help. Anyway's why do something that you know is bad for your health?
izimngcubes15
n0obie4life wrote:
I took drugs before. I think since I was 3.

Medicine drugs.


lol.

I don't take drugs or drink alcholic beverages. It's not healthy and that's why I don't do it.
Frelina
As for me, I don't smoke and I don't take drugs, it's too harfull and I choose a healthy way of life =)
RavenCross
those two things are a no-no for me... why?? there's so many reasons...

1.i wana be as productive as possible
2. i dont wana be hooked on something illegal]
3. i dont wana destroy my health
4. my family is expecting a lot from me and i cant afford to disappoint them
5. its not the ultimate source of pleasure..
gonchiweb
i test cigarettes many times and i dont like it. But i usually drink wine. i think that if someone, anybody is smoker if he/she want to give up its totally possible...but... drugs are bigger problem its much hard to stop drugs and they are quite harmful.
Holts
Exclamation I will never take drugs or smoke because its a waste of your life and it will just take some of the goodness of life away from you.

Not only will it make your life worse, but others. Family and friends are affected when they see you doing drugs or smoking. Second-hand smoke can hurt them too.

Stop doing drugs today because you won't be the only one you hurt!

Take this seriously because what decision you make while you're young is usually the one that sticks.

PS. I don't know about you but I don't want lung cancer...
mceejaydee
I have freinds that smoke weed, chronic, optima, cigs. I don't smoke any Shame on you .
Dark_Jedi06
I'm a straight-edge...I haven't used any drug that wasn't medical. Razz
edallica
everyones gotta love getting a bit pished at their student union...thats what being a student is all about!

tried a bit of dooby every now and again but never really got any effect from it...probly cause i was drinking as well.
LemonMan
I dont use drugs, but i have often thought about them =)
Nameless
Literal answer: yes.

I do take drugs, such as anti-hystamines and panadol on a semi-regular basis.

Alchohol... technically I'm not old enough to be buying it or anything, but I have drink of it sometimes. But I'm not stupid enough (and don't think I ever will be) to get drunk.

Cigaretes and illagal drugs: I have never and will never do them at all, full stop, not even for testing. I am not an idiot.
smokey4life
I smoke as you couldnt tell this right? I also drink but i dont use drugs alltho i have some years ago.
windrei
np, definetly not. i do not have a good health since i was born. i think, if i take drugs or have smoking, i cannot live till 40 ... ...

and i cannot stand the smell of smoking. Everytime there is somebody smoking beside me, i leave immediately...
shwetanshu
i dont take drugs or smoke or even drink. neither do i like to have any contacts with persons who are involved in such things. acc to me whoever take these knowing its dangers, is a total loser.
mustaq
i smoke all the day well i am trying to give upp i kfind i am loosing my weight due to smoke and get pimple on my face
quick_basic
I have been smoking cigarettes since I was 15 1/2 and I am 20 now and I do not plan on stopping.
SNES350
I've had a bit more than a serving of alcoholic wine, don't know what kinds (had a serving of one kind, mom said alcohol content was low and we didn't have room for it so I drank when I was 14 o_O but I did drink the entire half-a-wine-glass of it, afterwards I hated it). Later (1 1/2 years later) at a wedding I was given some wine by an adult server (I was among 13-16 year olds there given wine), I had a sip and absolutely refused to drink it. It was in a relatively small wine glass (compared to the wine I had before) but something about it made it taste IMO really nasty. I did not drink any more than 3 sips of it (I didn't want to waste it but I wasn't able to drink much before I gave up and refused to finish it). My friends (these are mostly A top 5% of class people) there drank the entire servings they were given though.

I havn't had any other "drugs", only medicine for random diseases.
Shade of Blue
I'm 17, and while I could get my hands on whatever cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol I wanted, and I have never tried any of them. I'm not morally opposed to it or anything (several of my friends use them, which I don't mind), but I don't really personally see any reason to.
I have a beautiful girlfriend, I'm a rapidly improving musician and a very successful student, and I'm a very relaxed person anyway so I don't need them to "get rid of stress" or whatever people's reasons are.

Cool
DutchManiac
Im 100% clean.
Im never going to smoke or take drugs (how deep can can you fall if you take drugs)
SunburnedCactus
As a crazy student type I am required to indulge in all sorts of debauchery and so on. I don't endorse doing anything of course, but it's nice to be able to say "Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt", even if it isn't an especially healthy t-shirt.

Go go hedonism! Twisted Evil
Slammer
Ive never smoked or taken any drugs apart from my prescribed ones. And i never will. Smoking is really stupid, i mean. Did you know that, every 35 seconds someone dies because of a smoking related cause. Thats roughly 2 people EVERY minute. Everyone goes on about the children dying every 2 seconds in the 3rd world, yet they'll sit n smoke their hearts out? Rolling Eyes
SunburnedCactus
Yes, but people smoke because they choose to (though I personally don't). Do you really think that children in the 3rd world choose to live in conditions of disease and abject poverty?
izcool
I have not smoked a cigarettes in my life nor do I ever plan on doing so. My lungs are full of second-hand smoke from when my old step dad did it when he was living with us. Now he's long gone.

My dad used to smoke cigarettes and pot and quit with the thought on his mind that he should get control back in himself, as he didn't want the cigarettes/pot to take control of him with addictions.

I only had a sip of beer on accident a few years ago when I wasn't paying attention. I sat my soda can next to my old stepdad's can of beer and it tasted horrible, I spat it out within 2 seconds of realizing my mistake.

I have a few classmates at school who smoke and I think it's sickening. One of my classmates says he wants to get a gas mask to fill it up with smoke where he can't see. That there is just sickening and asking for a place on death's bed.

Cigarettes contains tar, rat poison, and other very disgusting contaminants that are very scary to even think about. I'm trying to keep my body clean as much as I can.

- Mike.
[FuN]goku
everyone has taken drugs when they were sick at one point so.... but abusing drugs is a whole different situation. no i havent abused drugs tho... and i dont plan to... nor do i plan to smoke or abuse alcohol.
lilrage
believe it or not i started smoking when i was 6....dont ask it was a long story (if u wanna hear it pm me and ill telol u lol) i started smoking marbrol reds and still smoke them today. im 17 and live in the us so yes iahve been breaking the law since i was 6. as for drugs i have sold nearly everything (coke, crack, E, pills, weed, and many others) i have smoked weed but i have swarn never 2 even try any of the others due 2 the effects they had on the people i sold them to.

just a interesting fact - did u know that cigarettes are the only thing in the US that isnt required by law to list its ingredients

i can proudly say i only smoke 3-5 cigarettes a day even though i smoked for so long (thats something i am proud of)
seanooi
i've been smoking for 4 years now, and my girlfriend thinks i should cut down cause i'm a hardcore smoker. As for drugs, never tried before and never will. =)
boho999
I did smoke but gave it up and now I cant even imagine why i did start in the first place. Definitely the most stupid thing I ever did. Does beer count as a drug? If not I can say that I am 100% drugfree!
lilrage
alchohol is a drug a very addictive and highly abused drug yet its legal and weed isn't i still dont see the reasoning behind that
adwya
i was smoking but i gave up

Surprised Laughing
dordali
i hate somkes even when someone is smoking near me i am going away cause u hate the smeel of it
adwya
i hate ang one take drugs
Slick
although i have tried drugs etc.. i dnt do them...

i dont smoke either...

strange for a dj! lol
ankhezar
dont need the drugs to be they have no control over me..
criticaldensity
nope! Never. Im smart and strong enough to know what they do to you and I will not be OWNED by anyone. Smoking killed my father. I do so many other things that make me feel so good, drugs are unnecessary.
leat397
i used to smoke but after I become a christian and have church life, I don't smoke..

but u know, I have also smoked for several times...whatever My heart is not willing to smoke...and i believe i would not (or at least, progressively wont) somke/
stiffler
I tried a Cigarette once, and I tried Pot once....and never ever tried either again.
argha
I do smoke Cigarettes... But never tried any other Drugs.. nor will I.
SgtGarcia
I never smoke or use drugs. There is no reason for me to start doing it, so why would i. It is harmfull for your health so there is absolutely no reason, in my opinion, to use drugs or smoke cigarettes
coolayush
i think it is pointless having anything which we know is harmful
Flower Powder
I have been taking drugs for the biggest part of my life... Till I got to become a father then I realised I was really important for something beyond me : my baby. Although I have been a djay for Psychedelic Trance parties for years, I managed to stop everything even cigarettes and beers because my daughter is giving me so much energy and delights in life that I need to stay in good shape for a long period of time. Still, I believe that everyone is free to do what he wants, and I am aware also that you do not control 100% of your fate....Peace, love & light...
planet
nope
criticaldensity
Flower Powder wrote:
I have been taking drugs for the biggest part of my life... Till I got to become a father then I realised I was really important for something beyond me : my baby. Although I have been a djay for Psychedelic Trance parties for years, I managed to stop everything even cigarettes and beers because my daughter is giving me so much energy and delights in life that I need to stay in good shape for a long period of time. Still, I believe that everyone is free to do what he wants, and I am aware also that you do not control 100% of your fate....Peace, love & light...


nice Wink
dan751
No, not ever have I taken drugs or smoking, not even for testing. Nor will I ever take drugs or smoking.
DJHicks
i find it very sad wen a smoke feels like there going to die because they cant find a cigarette....

how sad and degrading is it to have your life ruled and run by the need to have a cigarette mite as well set alite your paper money!

also how smokers can have no money wot so ever and complain there skint but they still have enough for cigarettes...

same goes for drinkers!
leon44
caffeine mostly, but sometimes paracetomol, and did you know that when you smile your body releases stuff that makes you feel good in your head, that could be a drug
Dark-Tech
WEed needs to be legalized oin small amounts in the U.S. i say small amounts making dealing elegal and we can finally sell back our billion tons of stored drugs to the public at a profit so high the polce force tax will disapear off the map lol

i like saving money


besides if drugs do kill and you aklmost die from it. dumb asses

then you can be arrested for attemped suicide

and if you do die i got one less dumb ass to worry bout
Mark999111
I used to smoke a lot of pot, until someone ratted on me and school busted me Evil or Very Mad

But now, no i dont
psycosquirrel
I've never smoked, and never will. It is basically committing suicide slowly.
Mark999111
seanooi wrote:
i've been smoking for 4 years now, and my girlfriend thinks i should cut down cause i'm a hardcore smoker. As for drugs, never tried before and never will. =)


(doubt posting i know)

how can you be a hardcore smoker but then say you will never do drugs? Smoking cannabis is doing you just as much damage as your cigarettes are doing so why wouldnt you do it?

Im not promoting it here, just pointing something out.

What also bugs me is people who say 'Drugs are for idiots' then do out and get completely drunk every single weekend, doing equal damage to themselves
wilsgrant
Don't take or smoke either
hothead_steve
i've been smoking since i was 15 and am still smoking now.

smoke weed every day and am partial to the odd pill everynow and again.

the warnings bout dying on the cig packs dont put me off, only the one about impotence!!
karysky
I've never smoked anything, drugs or otherwise. I have suffered from chronic asthma while a child and I think it would kill me!

And I hate the smell of cigarettes. Why do people smoke?? I mean, I know it's because they are physically and psychologicaly addicted, but why would they even START smoking?

That's what I don't understand.. I can't fanthom why people risk addiction by first putting these things in their mouth.

Also, not only is it disgusting and not healthy, it costs a lot of money too. My father stopped smoking three years ago when he realized that me and my brother could not visit him anymore because he did not have enough money. That stricked him and he stopped.

I think that all reasons are good to quit smoking, but absolutely none are good enough to start.
Scotty Too Hotty
Well me being a smoker i can understand this. Personally i started smoking due to drugs and stress. I started smoking weed and it eventually lead me to start smoking.

Quote:
Why do people smoke?? I mean, I know it's because they are physically and psychologicaly addicted, but why would they even START smoking?


I have only ever taken one type of Hard drug and most would not consider it hard. It being Ecstacy. Other than that i have smoked hash and weed of course.

Smoking i know isnt good for you, but it is very calming to the nerves. Which is another reason. At the age of 20 years old i have a stressful job. I work anywheres between 80-100 hours a week minimum. Not real fun, and in the enviroment i am in, it is a very common thing so once i started stressing, it was just natural to put a cigarette in my mouth to destress, and it works so good. I smoke like a chimney when i drink at that.
karysky
Okay, thanks for your answer!

Still, I think people should start being more thoughtful about this and find other ways to relax before starting to smoke.

I think it's getting easier, especially since here, in Quebec, smoking will be prohibited EVERYWHERE (in bars, restaurants....etc) in January. So, if people can't smoke anywhere, maybe new smokers will think: hey, where's the fun in all this if I can't smoke where I want?
dydx
Isn't it obviouse? I do it because it all my friends made me, it depresses my appitite, and it makes me look cool.

Why else would someone smoke?
Masochistic Tendencies
No...Prozac doesn't count as a drug right? J/k Twisted Evil
iheartnoodles
no. and no one shouldnt lol.
LordSata
Well me being a smoker i can understand this. Personally i started smoking during the university.

I have only ever taken one type of drug, if is possible to consider it a drug: marijuana...

Bye!
DannyDean
Well, I used to smoke cigarrets when I was 12-13 years old... We used to smoke in the gang I was hanging with.

Then I quitted smoking cigarrets until I was 17, and than I smoked Nargila until about a month ago.

Now I'm 18.5 years old, and I'm happy to say - I'M CLEAN! Laughing
solomagos
No, havne't even tested a cigarette, I'm 100% healthy! Very Happy Proud of IT!

I haven't fallen to the tempation!

Lena
solomagos
psycosquirrel wrote:
I've never smoked, and never will. It is basically committing suicide slowly.


I absolutely agree with you!
nimbuscogitare
I smoke cigs and I drink a lot of caffeen. I have tried other drugs among them, acid and weed. I enjoyed the first and not the second. Most drugs take away from my ability to get things done, I dont like that. I like to be in control of my self and as much so as on can be of my surroundings. If a person is going to do drugs of any kind, I feel they should find out what there is to know first. Also dont let it get to the point where the drug is doing you. With both cigs and caffeen they add to my ability to think, there is something about them that makes my mind work better. Liquor slows my mind down, something it has never done well on it's own, but I dont loose much in the way of control or reasoning. Sometimes it is exactly what I need in order to wind down and recouperate from all that I try to put on my plate. Thats not the case for everyone and there are some who should avoid it all together. As far as the damage it does to my body, I am aware of it, and while it is not a long term solution, I keep tabs on the way my body acts and cut back accordingly. I could go into great depth and debate about the many facets of drugs, thier social affects, biological affects, ect. but at some point I know people would get tired of reading, or simply skip it all together. My over all take: Drugs are good and bad depending on the person.
ashok
not yet, and may not Smile
greekcovers
I dont take drugs, i hate them. I smoke everyday.
Jayfarer
I don't smoke. I've tried it a handful of times, but I don't want to do it enough to where I get addicted. I think trying it every few years is enough.
Varun
i do smoke every now and then, but i really never wanna do any kind of drugs
Zibé
I took some drugs when I was between 14 and 16...
especially canabis ( "la beuh", as we say in France )
But I have stopped.

Now, I just drink when I'm in a party Very Happy
( the ethanol power X'D )
Trade Marc™
I dont do drugs often, but every now and them I smoke some weed...
Its not really bad for you, thats why I have limited myself to doing the most natural (I dont even do shrooms)...
hanay
Me personally? No I haven't taken any drugs, but my mom tried everything in the book (and somthings that aren't) when she was pregnant with me. I think that's why I am so goofy lookin'.

But what's worse is my dad used her bulging stomach as a speed bad and now i have a few misplaced limbs. For instance, right not I am using my nose to type. It is a very tedious process and took me 15 mins to write this scentance alone.

By the way, here is a picture of me for future reference:

Neo7
I never do. I consider taking drugs (especially for testing) exactly like cheating on an online game. It's unfair and you cannot gain the EXP like you should.

Although there might be limits such as "social drinking" but using them to take advantage of something is just wrong.
jaro
I started smoking ciggarettes when I was about 14yrs old and quit at the age of 19. I started smoking weed about the same time but do not currently smoke. Or at least I haven't for awhile.

The biggest reason I don't smoke weed is I don't like to make a habbit of things. But, I don't really think smoking bud is really that big of a deal. I've tried many drugs between Jr High and High School but never really allowed myself to become an addict. I think that if you are a user and not an abuser that whatever you chose to do should be up to you and only you. The problem is that many people make a habit of using and quickly become abusers. They then allow them to dictate their entire lives. And this becomes a problem for not only themselves but also for everyoneelse who has to deal with them.

I think the most abused drug is alcahol. But, since alcahol is accepted or at least tolerated in our societies, people don't accept it as "bad" as other drugs like marijuana, cocaine, lsd, psycodelic mushrooms etc...

People just need to take more responsibility for themselves and respect others around them and everyone would benefit from this.

Nobody likes drunks and drugies, control yourself
wrightbros
to almost quote a previous poster,
I smoke and sometimes take drugs. I wanna live my life in its total fullness. Smile
wrightbros
lol hanay, you rock Surprised
kr3tu
I've never taken drugs, I had ideas to try, have fun and things like that, but after I heard about happening when two stoned guys, packed another one in box and threw him out of 10th floor with inscription "Mission to Mars", I started thinking what could happen to me, and I'm not going to smoke it anytime
sibbahz
Nah, i dont smoke or take any drugs, never have never will.
Do ocasionally drink, and sometimes a bit more than i should but im not an alcoholic or anything.
Thug
I only smoke weed, no ciggies for me. I smoke atleast 1 joint a day tho
eday2010
I've never smoked or taken any drugs except the medical stuff for headaches and antibiotics. I did take Paxil (anti-depressant) for a short time, but stopped not long after. I drink once in a blue moon, but that's it. The only illegal drug I would even consider taking would be shrooms. I just want to hallucinate once Smile
icedGEEK
I really havn't smoked or taken any illegal drugs.
Pain Killers are really the limit for me ; and even then I don't like taking pills.

Alcohol tastes disgusting in copious amounts.
Smoke ; stays in my hair for days.

So I guess I'm a goody goody..
CVveulschik
I hate smoking and drugs are even worse

its wise to not use both of them for ur own health
Ahab81
i smoke and i smoke weed aswell.
i don't really see the problem with it if you do it in your own home away from the public.
now people here talk that smoking is bad and also drugs,
not to dissagree that these things are indeed bad for one's health' but how many of you anti smokers drink ?
alcohol causes just as much if not more damage to peoples health than smoking' and is a drug in its own right..one of the worst.
remember that next time you all go out on drinking binge down town Wink
Delirium
I started smoking cigarettes when stress became a problem with school and work. I just had to find a way to relax and had no time for yoga, meditation and other things like that (who are great by the way). So I bought a pack of cigs and tried. It worked... for a while, then it stopped working and I continued smoking. It transformed into a social thing, I would smoke at breaks with others, at clubs with a glass of wine or with a roleplaying game session.

I was doing drugs only at parties an special occasions like my birthday, mushrooms were my thing because I just hate the way weed makes you feel like a vegetable. I like sharp mind and giggles and the hallucinations the shrooms were giving me was just awesome, like another kind of perception. Then I got pregnant and stop smoking, taking drugs and drinking. I had a drinking problem before my pregnancy.

Now, years later, I smoke only when I feel like it, and that is like 1 cigarette per week? 2 weeks sometimes and I don't always finish it. Never took anything to stop smoking I just don't care about it anymore. Drugs? Well I did Wizz a couple of time and it was fun but nothing serious, like 2 time per years.

I think that having a child really changed things for me.
Alkku
No.

Never ever even tasted.
I just don't want.
My parents don't smoke, so I decide that I wont smoke.

And if you smoke, your better take off.
[FuN]goku
other than medicine no and ive never smoked and i dont plan to do drugs or smoke or drink either... well maybe a few beers but...
s43ros
I would never take any drugs unless a doctor told me to, unless he was on drugs at the time. Neither of my parents smoked and my mother couldn't stand being around people who did, so that pretty much rubbed off on me, along with a few other things.
cnnet
I never somke nor take drag
eday2010
I have not done either of those things. Why? Because I am that damn awesome.
lightwate
I don't like smoking. My dad smokes. When i was a kid he used to ask me to buy candies from the store nearby. I think he eats it while smoking or after smoking. Anyway, I often ask him why he likes to smoke and he always never answers it directly. Maybe he doesn't wan't me to smoke or something.
deanhills
I come from a family of chain smokers. But don't seem to have got into the habit. Just not my thing. I did some puff smoking when I was at University, as it seemed to go well with playing bridge and parties, but it stopped there.
watersoul
I smoke the odd cigarette on a weekend night out if I'm drinking alcohol. It's against the law to smoke in UK Bars/Pubs/Clubs now so that really did help me stop the habit because going outside wasn't worth the effort, especially in Winter.
I actually smoked a few at an outdoor party this weekend, but with the huge bonfire we had they probably made little difference when compared to the smoke filled area we were already in!

As far as drugs are concerned, well I don't do anything these days but when I was younger (in my rave years) I used quite a few recreationally on the weekends - LSD, Amphetamine, Cocaine, many various mushrooms (purchased and/or picked myself), Ecstacy pills/MDMA crystals, Ephedrine, Methcathinone, Cannabis, and/or other substances sold as 'legal highs' in the local 'smoke' shop until the UK government outlawed them!

For the record, I would never advocate illicit drug use, but we each walk our own path in life and make our own choices. However, "Everything in moderation" is what my Grandmother used to say and she was right. I've led a fairly successful, healthy and stable life so far despite my past weekend partying lifestyle, and although I've been fortunate enough to not suffer ill-effects from those hedonistic nights, that is no guarantee that other people will be so lucky.
The truth is that when you buy anything from an illegal 'trader' you will never truly know what your buying, so be careful, always. A certain amount of folk will always react badly to any substance, but the risks are far greater in any business which is unregulated and on the 'wrong' side of the law. Wink
standready
Smoked many years ago. Never used drugs to high, that is what life is for.
airtrecklegends
About smoking i smoke since i was 15 aand i am 18 now i do smoke drugs on a daily bases and i would like to recomend everyone this one book called a Trip to the world of Drugs by Charles Duchaussois that explains from the point of view of someone who took all kind of drugs imaginable and shows us what drugs to and to be honest with you light drugs like marijuana won't make any harm to your life but beaware of hard drugs and acid trips
sudipbanerjee
I don't take anytype of drugs. But I smoke regularly. I moke 5-6 cigarretes per day.
menino
I've taken weed, and hashish on a very few occassions with friends. Not too bad, but can get addictive, so I don't induge in it.
Once in a while (probably 2 times a month on average), I drink alcohol, and only last year about 2 times, I got overly drunk, otherwise I enjoy a nice buzz or high, as you would call it.
If someone offered me cocaine - I don't think I would try that.
At the moment, I'm happy that I don't know guys who sell weed or hashish, as there is a remote possibility that I would be addicted to it, and that is the gateway drug to other more dangerous substances.
I've not tried shrooms, but would love to someday.

I don't smoke except very rarely with friends, and that too not cigarettes, but the hooka, or hubly bubly, or sheesha as it is most commonly known.
Greatking
i have never had any form of smoke in my entire life and i thank God for that.
this smoking bit could happen to anybody but its just his grace that some of us don't.
i don't know how people get the urge or what pushes them to do it but i hope they get over it.
TurtleShell
I tried cigarettes once. It was about ten years ago now. I got them from a friend who had to throw away all her bad-girl stuff when her mom came to move her out of the dorm in college. They were cloves, I think. I don't remember enjoying it or understanding why i would. I do, however, LOVE cigars. I only smoke them once or maybe twice a year--on special occasions. And I drink coffee, which is a drug:) And I drink wine and beer--that's really about it.
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
For the record, I would never advocate illicit drug use, but we each walk our own path in life and make our own choices.
Totally agreed and well said too. I also don't think dependence on substances are limited to illicit drugs. There are plenty of substances that are legal that can get people addicted such as alcohol, sugar, simple carbohydrates (twinkies, donuts, etc - people can really become addicted), burgers ...... Some people are quite OK with illicit drugs as they can do them in moderation, others however may have a chemistry that makes them dependent. I know of many friends who became addicted to prescription drugs for example. The latter has to be the worst kind of dependence to be weaned off.
TurtleShell wrote:
I do, however, LOVE cigars. I only smoke them once or maybe twice a year--on special occasions. And I drink coffee, which is a drug:) And I drink wine and beer--that's really about it.
When I tried cigars at a party for the first time those really knocked me out for six. They're pretty potent, but they do add a special touch to nice company during party time. I have not had a cigar however in quite a long time. I do like the smell of them though, my granddad used to love his cigars, particularly Schimmelpenninck Cigars from the Netherlands.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
[...] I also don't think dependence on substances are limited to illicit drugs. There are plenty of substances that are legal that can get people addicted such as alcohol [...]

Totally agreed there, I've met many many people over the years who have become alcohol dependent and ruined their lives as a result. I'm also well aware of the roaring trade in prescription medication (Valium, Dihydrocodeine etc) where even some elderly people (I know) will sell a few pills to boost their pension each week!

I am personally against the illegal status of all drugs though, it forces people to buy from shady dealers and that also means the product is not usually what you think it is - Think of street bought Cocaine with a purity of 50% if your lucky, but lower than 10% if you're not. Every dealer wants to make a profit and the easiest way to do it is by cutting it with something else. The further down the supply chain you are (the smaller the deal) then epect it to have been cut many times by many people.

If access to drugs was regulated and taxed, with the revenue going towards more re-hab type services, I think it would provide a much safer option than at present. I'm also pretty sure that if I bought some sniff at a licenced store then it wouldn't be a majority of other unknown junk chopped up and added to the mix in some dodgy dealers kitchen!

*Edit* Although my previous post here does show an extensive history of recreational drug use in my younger days, I've still never tried Heroin. It appears to be dangerously addictive and I have watched a couple of friends battle with their addictions, even ending in death as a result.
I also watched a beautiful girl-friend of mine at university slowly throw her life away due to Heroin use. I tried to help her, but she would lie to my face when she'd used it (even though I knew full well), and eventually I ended the relationship. She ended up dropping out of uni, and the last I heard she was living in a smack-head squat in Bristol - such a waste of a beautiful life.

That said though, I remain curious, so I expect that many years from now when my responsibilities are less in life (retirement/son grown up), I shall probably smoke some H to see what it's like. I remember being given Pethidine one time while in agony at a hospital emergency department. It was an absolutely amazing euphoric experience. But I must stress, I don't intend to have a try until I'm much closer to the end of my 'useful' life!
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I'm also pretty sure that if I bought some sniff at a licenced store then it wouldn't be a majority of other unknown junk chopped up and added to the mix in some dodgy dealers kitchen!
I hear you. Wonder whether that would help to bring the cost down as well? Do you think it is realistically feasible?
adri
Having seen my granddad suffer from his longterm cigarette-use, I will never try cigarettes. My granddad had lung cancer because of it, so the doctors took a part of his longs away. Afterwards he was fine yet he couldn't do much physical activity anymore and he had asthma. So no I never tried cigarettes and I will never try them. Smile

I do drink coffee, tea and coca-cola, who contain some caffeine, which is a drug. Also I do drink a pint (erm probably two or three when I'm at it) of lager from time to time when I'm with friends. Or sometimes I really enjoy some of the heavier beers (Trappists, yet I only drink one than) in the evening when watching a movie or series (Midsomer Murder, A touch of Frost, Lewis, etc. are perfect with a nice beer).


R.I.P. Granddad Crying or Very sad



adri
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Wonder whether that would help to bring the cost down as well? Do you think it is realistically feasible?

Lol, not in my country, the government would tax it to hell!
We already pay around 70% tax on petrol fuel, 20% on most goods except food, roughly 30% on a pint of beer, and just under 80% of the cost of a pack of cigarettes!
Yep the government would take a fair slice of the cost of drugs, but at least the purity and quality control would be much safer.

There is already a huge trade in illegally imported tobacco products in the UK where you can expect to pay half the price compared to a store. Most of my smoker friends buy off 'baccy dealers' and wouldn't dream of going to a store. That said though, some of it is clearly faked copies of the major brands and the smell/taste is definitely poorer than the genuine products sometimes.

I would imagine the same would exist if drugs were decriminalised and taxed, there will always be a 'tax-free' dealer option available in every town. But you get what you pay for I suppose.
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Yep the government would take a fair slice of the cost of drugs, but at least the purity and quality control would be much safer.
Sounds almost like this could be a good idea for generating cash for the Government! Maybe you should suggest this to Cameron? Twisted Evil
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
Yep the government would take a fair slice of the cost of drugs, but at least the purity and quality control would be much safer.
Sounds almost like this could be a good idea for generating cash for the Government! Maybe you should suggest this to Cameron? Twisted Evil

Lol, perhaps! The recent deep government budget cuts have directly caused my hunt for a new job from the end of this month Mad
...I wonder how many grammes of Coke they'd need to sell to cover my wages Laughing
speeDemon
Helios wrote:
Even avoid taking medicine drugs Wink

haha, same here, avoid them till I can!, and no, i don't smoke or even drink, for that matter...
menino
speeDemon wrote:
Helios wrote:
Even avoid taking medicine drugs Wink

haha, same here, avoid them till I can!, and no, i don't smoke or even drink, for that matter...


Even I rarely take medicinal drugs.
I try to let my body fight it, unless it surpasses a couple of days and I can't take it anymore.
I do take the cough syrup though - I like the taste (and the effect), when I'm sick.
sketteksalfa
The only thing i remember, I last smoked when i was in first grade. We use to hang around anywhere and looked for used cigarettes. Then we play on it and smoke. We are very young then. But i never really some after. I dont use drugs too and i dont want to even test them because i might get addicted to them. Evil or Very Mad
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
...I wonder how many grammes of Coke they'd need to sell to cover my wages Laughing
Good one! Very Happy I bet however that they won't focus on covering your wages, only their own increased cost to administrate the whole project!
ProwerBot
Admitting, I'm 14 and 11 months and I have fallen under the influence before... I have had a few cigarettes and snuff before. I haven't so far yet in the year 2011 and I don't plan on doing it again. Or crack/cocaine, or weed, or heroin. I wanna be a healthy person! My body weight already gives me some future problems already.
deanhills
ProwerBot wrote:
Admitting, I'm 14 and 11 months and I have fallen under the influence before... I have had a few cigarettes and snuff before. I haven't so far yet in the year 2011 and I don't plan on doing it again. Or crack/cocaine, or weed, or heroin. I wanna be a healthy person! My body weight already gives me some future problems already.
Excellent ProwerBot, you must be proud of yourself! In my experience, the best solution for stuff like this is to find a sport that you really really love. The discipline of the sport just completely frees you up from these petty addictions. Makes you feel on top of the world as well. Very Happy
Ankhanu
At 32 years, I've never smoked cigarettes (or other tobacco forms), taken recreational drugs, nor have I been drunk. I do drink alcohol on occasion, but, only because I enjoy the taste of some drinks (decent beers, whiskey and scotch, a couple others); I've never consumed to the point of intoxication.

The only drugs I take are medicinal, and even then, I tend to hold off unless they're necessary.
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
... the best solution for stuff like this is to find a sport that you really really love. The discipline of the sport just completely frees you up from these petty addictions. Makes you feel on top of the world as well. Very Happy


Given that the majority of people who are into sports that I've ever known are at least weekend drunks and drug users (some even more serious about their substances), I can't say that sport has a good track record for keeping people clean Razz
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
Given that the majority of people who are into sports that I've ever known are at least weekend drunks and drug users (some even more serious about their substances), I can't say that sport has a good track record for keeping people clean Razz
You are right of course (as per usual Wink ), there are people who do both, but I see them as a minority however. They would not be able to keep it up for very long. Those - in general - who are fit get their adrenaline fix naturally. And burn food much better as well. Their minds are usually completely distracted on the sport, there is a sense of kinship with others, one feels better about oneself. It's worked for me anyway. I haven't dived for a while, but when I do there is a complete paradigm shift. Very Happy
Ankhanu
You live in a better part of the world than anywhere in North America that I've been to Razz Even at the professional level drug and alcohol abuse is quite common. At the Olympic level, yeah, I suppose it trails off some.
watersoul
Ankhanu wrote:
Given that the majority of people who are into sports that I've ever known are at least weekend drunks and drug users (some even more serious about their substances), I can't say that sport has a good track record for keeping people clean Razz

I'll agree with that, especially at local level where drug testing is non existent. There are many football (soccer) and rugby teams whose players regularly use banned stimulants to increase performance. It was the same when I played myself, and it will probably stay the same until the lower leagues stamp it out - I can't see that happening too soon though due to the costs involved.
As far as alcohol is concerned, again even the smallest village rugby club has a club-house bar, and I've never actually met a player who doesn't get hammered after the match, sinking well more pints than medical advice suggests. In fact, it's almost deemed to be a macho sign of status in rugby circles as to how much you can drink.
With regards to local football, nearly every pub/bar has it's own Sunday league team and it's nearly always a booze binge afterwards.

deanhills wrote:
[...]there are people who do both, but I see them as a minority however. They would not be able to keep it up for very long. Those - in general - who are fit get their adrenaline fix naturally. And burn food much better as well. Their minds are usually completely distracted on the sport, there is a sense of kinship with others, one feels better about oneself. It's worked for me anyway. I haven't dived for a while, but when I do there is a complete paradigm shift. Very Happy

I certainly wouldn't want to dive (or carry out any water/dangerous sport) under the influence of anything so I'd agree there. But if I was completely honest, I've never experienced an adrenaline/endorphin rush from physical exercise that has ever compared to certain recreational substances. I was addicted to running some years ago when I gave everything up for a year (alcohol/tobacco/drugs) and would run at least 5 miles twice a day. Yes the rush from that was great (hence my addiction to it), but it really is nothing compared to artificial stimulation.
Even in my rave days, dancing for 10 hours under the influence of a stimulant, it was almost the best of both worlds with hard aerobic exercise plus increased euphoria, which you really cannot achieve to the same intensity through 'natural' means.

I will add again that I'm in no way advocating drug use, but it would be insulting of me to lie to anyone and say that physical excercise can provide the same 'rush' or euphoria as artificial stimulants - that's why so many people use them, even while excercising.
goutha
Why smoking and taking drugs to harm yourself??
watersoul
goutha wrote:
Why smoking and taking drugs to harm yourself??

Many many reasons I guess, peer-pressure, pain relief, perfomance enhancing effects in sport, escapism from sadness or mediocrity in life, or simply just for the enjoyable effects different substances have on us humans.
I don't imagine many people do it because they want to harm themselves, but when we're young we often think we're invincible and we'll live forever, and when we're older there are often addiction issues for long term users which makes it more difficult for them stop their harmful behaviour.
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
But if I was completely honest, I've never experienced an adrenaline/endorphin rush from physical exercise that has ever compared to certain recreational substances.
Thanks for making an honest contribution, which I found very educational, since I have no experience with the use of recreational drugs at all, nor wish to have any. It gave me enough of an understanding that I cannot speak with authority on the subject. You're right of course about diving. Drugs would really be a very bad idea.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Thanks for making an honest contribution

I'm always completely honest when discussing this issue, even in the 'real' world. There are so many urban myths and misconceptions surrounding the drug scene and types of drugs/users I think honesty is important.
For example, many people assume the lower socio-economic groups are the main users, so it was a shock when my own social status improved over the years and I realised the higher up you go there are as many people occasionally taking drugs, just a higher quality product. I've even had cocaine quietly taken off me by police officers (a couple of times) but with no arrest, just a sly wink and advice to leave quickly! I followed the instructions as it was better to lose £120 than be locked up Shocked
I also remember jokingly telling an officer at the Stonehenge Summer Solstice celebration that the only drugs I had on me were in my bloodstream - his reply was 'drugs are legal tonight son, we only care about the stones and public order' !!

Of course, back in my recreational drug using days it was always totally secretive for obvious legal and work related reasons. Everything I mention now though is 'past tense' so it doesn't at all affect the stage of life I'm in today. I can't say I'm either embarrassed or proud, it's just a part of my life experiences, and some of it I enjoyed, but there were equally times which were unpleasant.
At the very least, I'm definitely in a stronger position to identify the signs if my own son experiments when he gets older - and be able to approach it in a much more reasoned and rational way without dramatic emotions spoiling any chances of my advice being taken in.

It's funny, but at the beach parties and festivals I still enjoy now, I'm usually in the tiny minority of people who aren't 'off their head' but no-one actually notices due to their own intoxication. I however, notice many folk repeating the same things they've said to me 10+ times, but to be fair, it adds to the entertainment! Very Happy
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
It's funny, but at the beach parties and festivals I still enjoy now, I'm usually in the tiny minority of people who aren't 'off their head' but no-one actually notices due to their own intoxication. I however, notice many folk repeating the same things they've said to me 10+ times, but to be fair, it adds to the entertainment! Very Happy
I take my hat off for you Watersoul. It sounds simple, but I can imagine it must have been a choppy road to this point of acceptance and enlightenment. The little bit I've heard about Hollywood, and the wealthy in the United States, there seems to be plenty of drug use among the upper end of society, but as you say, they don't have to worry about the police as much. They get personal physicians to supply them with both legal and illegal drugs and may have the police on their side, unless they make an "oops" when they are under the influence in a public place, such as when they have to pass through customs in the airports. I wonder how many stars have been caught at airports in exactly that way? Twisted Evil
metalfreek
This is a great thread. At a point you are sure to taste one or both of them. Its the age factor that kicks into play. I would says people between 14 to 21 are most tempted to try these thing out. I have tasted both but I am not addicted to both. Best thing to do is to avoid friends who take drugs and engage yourself in other activities that you love to do.

About smoking, its quiet common. I am an occasional smokes but all my friends smoke daily. So, staying away from smoking is something that will come about within yourself.
achowles
I never have, legal or illegal and to be honest with you I've got no real desire to change that. The closest I get to that is the odd drink, really.
Ankhanu
I have come close to alcohol intoxication on three occasions, but, being aware to the point of paranoid of my condition and, I suppose a fear of tipping the scale, I've never quite gotten there. Twice it was red wine, once it was beer Razz As soon as I start feeling the least bit fuzzy, I stop drinking. Mind you, I almost never have more than one drink in an evening anyway, occasionally two, so the monitoring is rarely needed Razz
Insanity
I used to stay away from alcohol (alcohol is a drug yes?) until I got out of college. I don't know exactly how much of college I missed thsi way though... what with all the different parties and such. I've never done any other drug, such as weed or anything like that. Though I supposed technically caffeine counts as a drug? It does alter your mental state and all that.
deanhills
My intoxication is also limited to alcohol, and I usually get sick first, so that I can't quite get to severe intoxication. Having said that, I have not been at that stage for a while. No doubt if I should visit South Africa, my brother and law will be putting me on an alcoholic drip to get my blood alcohol levels up. Very Happy
nigam
During my teenage life, i have been smoking, and alcoholic drinks and even drugs...just for a testing...you know once boys will go and had nothing to do....we took it for a try....been using for years but i was not really addicted to it....good thing that i easily over it and changed...now, i am renewed and health conscious man with no vices at all....
CheDragon
I dont smoke or use drugs =D
but I kind of drink a lot xD
ms_j
I smoke. For...HOLLY SHIT, 10 years. Jeez! Now I wish I hadn't opened this topic.
Anyway, so, yeah, I smoke but I never took drugs of any kind.
riderwear45
I've never smoked, and I've never taken drugs, mainly because I know what he will do for you. I had family members who have died because they chose to take drugs and smoke. My brothers and smoke, no matter how much I told them to stop, he does not seem to help. Anyway this is the reason for doing something you know is bad for your health?
ankitdatashn
n0obie4life wrote:
I took drugs before. I think since I was 3.

Medicine drugs.


haha, nice paradox... Well as for me too I have never tried anything apart from medicinal drugs Very Happy
nigam
ankitdatashn wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
I took drugs before. I think since I was 3.

Medicine drugs.


haha, nice paradox... Well as for me too I have never tried anything apart from medicinal drugs Very Happy



hahaha.....
cybersa
NO I don't smoke.
ayour
i smoked once (3 years ago) but i don't think i will do it again because i didn't like it.
it is really a bad addiction and i call every smoker to leave this.
Greatking
i don't smoke will never smoke and abhor smoking.
i pray for those who do that they find the courage to stop because it is hazardous to our health.
our health is very important because when you are healthy then you the opportunity to work and live.
life is too short for us to waste is it smoking.
chatrack
I once give a test to smoke. It make me chock. I dont lke to smoke in anyway.
Niels
I don't smoke Smile
ProfessorY91
Low quality original post makes for a low quality answer.
Yeah, meds when I'm sick. Other than that, no and no.
Sayonara.
Related topics
google adsense
Architecture
S|ex At Undermaturity
Partial Smoking ban breaches human rights - UK
If you have AIDS, will you attempt suicide?
Sleep less to get more out of life?
post drinking smokers throat
Bodybuilding
Have you ever done marijuana?
Religion and drugs
Reflections on the US by a citizen
smoking should banned entirely in Australia
Age of Consent: Vaccination
Protests against standardized tests in school
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.