FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone know how to capture miniDV to laptop with no FIREWIRE

barma
Ok sir, don't tell me to use any USB connection. I know it won't work. I just wonder if people in here have similar problem and found good solution.

Back in the day when laptops have a firewire port for miniDV capturing, it won't be any problem. But now, modern laptops have no such port anymore, and sure it make a very fundamental problem for film making since this format (miniDV) is still up to date and used by many professionals.

I've heard about people using some kind of interface by PINNACLE. Any of you using this kind of interface?

Like to hear a lot from all of you about this problem.
badai
it must be internal PCI card with firewire. i bought one about 8 years ago. it got all the ports (RCA, firewire and s-video). does not work on windows 7 so i throw it away.

it doesn't matter what brand it is, you can only connect firewire to firewire. well maybe to usb-to-firewire-adapter (if it exist), still the same port.

btw, new DV camera got USB connection. some can even copy without real time streaming. it treated the track as "real data". it's in digital format anyway.