FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Happy Independence Day

RoylanM
Hey guys, I wanted to wish you all a happy independence day. I hope you enjoy and bring out the fire works.
Nyasro
happy independence day Smile
deanhills
I didn't realize it was Independence Day today. Watched a movie in the afternoon about [img=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334879/news]White House Down[/img]. Looks as though I chose the right theme movie for the day! Great movie!
twotrophy
Although I am not from the USA, I wish all Americans a happy Independence Day. I hope that they are enjoying this day right now.
standready
We fought for independence because of taxes yet our government sure does like to tax everything. They have not gotten around to taxing each breath I take - yet but soon they will probably tax that too.
IceCreamTruck
standready wrote:
They have not gotten around to taxing each breath I take - yet but soon they will probably tax that too.

You are now being audited under suspicion of not paying your breath tax. ;-p
deanhills
I can't help but wonder how independent independence is relative to the citizens of the US. Particularly when one considers how criminal the BIG banks have been since they and those with vested interests have got rid of the banking legislation that used to keep the Banks in their place - i.e. serving the citizens, rather than the other way round. I think this is at the heart of the criminal system in the US - i.e. your BIG banks have totally ripped off the country and actually owns everyone's assets by keeping them thoroughly in debt. That's not independence!

playfungames
Happy independence day to America and Americans. Blow up some fireworks and enjoy your freedom.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I can't help but wonder how independent independence is relative to the citizens of the US. Particularly when one considers how criminal the BIG banks have been since they and those with vested interests have got rid of the banking legislation that used to keep the Banks in their place - i.e. serving the citizens, rather than the other way round. I think this is at the heart of the criminal system in the US - i.e. your BIG banks have totally ripped off the country and actually owns everyone's assets by keeping them thoroughly in debt. That's not independence!

[img...]http://outerlocal.com/media/upload/images/news/large/1366297136.jpg[/img]

Fear is what keeps people from acting. Fear that they are throwing away what little freedom we have left. Fear to be the first one out on the dance floor. Fear that they're doing the wrong thing.

Honestly with the way America affects world relations and diplomacy the same 600 people that have trashed our constitution and trashed our country are beginning to trash the entire world. We've come into a period in history of this untouchable few being elected over and over, and we've been warned by one retiring journalist that I know of that we should boot the lot of them out of office and put them on trial for their crimes against this country and humanity, but it would appear that no one is listening, or that those who are keep quietly to themselves. It may be, that because of our world influence, that real change comes about from the outside in, but it could be a revolution from the inside out. I hope that the destruction of this great country does not happen in any event, as we've also done our best to save the world from tyranny, and come to the defense of the underdog over and over again. We still have trouble finding people like Cony though, which I find strange.

I, for one, believe in this country, as we have a great many freedoms here, but they are diminishing by the day with more and more legislation. The systems we have work, but it's time to kick the people out who are using the system to their gain. That's our biggest problem: people abusing the system. Those that came before us and laid their lives on the line would be sorely disappointed in our complacency. Corruption runs deep in this country.

The American people will have their day again and again. They can only crash the economy so many times before we don't have much left to lose. My only fear is that currently evil has a face, but in the future it may not.