FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Printers and Photopaper

jarred89
Hello, I have some photo's to print and i was wondering if you can use inkjet photopaper in bubblejet printers? Thanks
bananaphone
I think so - not sure. Just buy "photo paper", it should be compatible with anything. However, make sure the paper weight is over 200 Grams per square metre (GSM).
jarred89
oh ok cool thanks why should it be over 200GSM
yjwong
Higher GSM value basically means that the paper is of higher quality (or thicker)...If you use a very low GSM paper for photos, for example, the ink will overflow your paper...
otiscom
Get rid of your bubble jet and buy an ink jet.

They aren't that expensive and they are much better.

jarred89
No i cant i have just brought 10 ink cartridges so i can print all my photos out
toshlad
Photopaper is just a high gloss paper that allows your printer to deposit less ink to give a greater look. Normal paper is pourous and therefore can't reflect the inks colour as well.

The term "bubble jet" refers to the way the printer prints. This may sound stupid but this is how they differ.

Bubble jets print heads heat a tiny droplet of ink so that it expands and grows in to a tiny bubble, when this bubble pops it deposits a dot in the place required. This takes place hundreds of times a second.

An inkjet, is as it sounds, it is a highly directed tiny jet of ink.

So photopaper will work in both it's just the way the printer prints to the paper that differs.

Hope this helps.
jarred89
Yes it did help alot Very Happy Thanks