FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What was he thinking? figure it out! true story!

spinout
My son (diagnosed autism) and I had a conversation over the dinner table. Happy 9th birthday I said and smiled. Yes dad, my son answered, we are now the same! And he gazed over his shoulder into the living room wall...

??? It took me a half a minute before I figured it out, what did he mean you may guess?

Some coins for the the correct answer! It is not that obvious, and my son is not obvious at all and he could not axplain by words what he meant. I had to ask him what I had figured out if it was that he was thinking of...
spinout
A clue - it has to do with numbers.
Peterssidan
The sum or product of the two digits in your age is equal to 9?
spinout
Yes (one of them is)- but that was not exactly how he thought at that moment (I suppose... hard to know actually, maybe he did). Clue - He was staring at an object on the wall!
spinout
The thing on the wall was a clock!
amagard
A clock is usually showing two numbers: hour and minute. May be it was a combination of numbers representing your age and his age. Like e.g. 5 past 4. The sum is 9 ( his age ) and your age could be 45.
Sorry if I made you too old, could have been 54 as well ? Wink
I wonder how many possible combinations are available making sense in this context. I can think of ( the realistic ones, without knowing you ):

5 past 4
4 past 5
3 past 6
6 past 3
7 past 2 ( you are not that young, are you ? )

"past" of course can be replaced by "to" as well ...
Peterssidan
Maybe the kid meant himself and the clock when he said "we", and it was 9 o'clock.
spinout
Yes , it was the 9 o'clock position.

Not that the time was 9 o'clock at the time, but the position was the important. It struck me after a half minute that he meant that we was on the same position on the clock. He remembers positions and colors and map everthing together so I asked if he meant that 9 and 45 is on the same spot on the clock and he said yes! Not that easy for a normal man to figure out instantly but I know how he maps everything so I mapped it too in my mind.

Ok, coins comming up, 10 to Peter and 5 to amagard for trying.
Peterssidan
Thank you, you're too kind.