FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Don't Panic!

Don't Panic -- Did you know where it came from?
Honestly, Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Honestly, No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

IceCreamTruck
Don't Panic: A line made popular by the great book Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is currently my 3D screen saver text. The book actually claims that line is what is written on the cover although I have never seen a copy with that line on the cover, which would be great. I figure it's fun to see for those that have actually read the book, or have seen the movie.

I'm curious if you all have better suggestions for the wobbling 3D text that appears on my screen after five minutes. Please post your suggestions, Thanks.

Remember I have kids, although they won't read this thread. No rules, but inappropriate suggestions may be funny here. They will not, however, be actually displayed on my computer.
deanhills
I honestly didn't know!

I thought it was something like this?

IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I honestly didn't know!

I thought it was something like this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Xv1FEWp.jpg[.../img]

You should read it, as it's a great book. Very entertaining.
watersoul
IceCreamTruck wrote:
The book actually claims that line is what is written on the cover although I have never seen a copy with that line on the cover, which would be great.

Can't help with the screensaver but just checked my first edition (1986) hardback copy of 'The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - A Trilogy in Four Parts' and Don't Panic is not printed anywhere on the covers..

The second page states that the novels were originally published separately though, The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (1979) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (1980) Life, the Universe and Everything (1982) So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (1984), so perhaps it had Dont Panic! on the original individual book? I'd like a copy of that Smile
IceCreamTruck
watersoul wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
The book actually claims that line is what is written on the cover although I have never seen a copy with that line on the cover, which would be great.

Can't help with the screensaver but just checked my first edition (1986) hardback copy of 'The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - A Trilogy in Four Parts' and Don't Panic is not printed anywhere on the covers..

The second page states that the novels were originally published separately though, The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (1979) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (1980) Life, the Universe and Everything (1982) So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (1984), so perhaps it had Dont Panic! on the original individual book? I'd like a copy of that Smile

When I was reading the book, and came across that line where it says that is conveniently written on the cover I wondered why it wasn't. It's a great book cover, and I'm curious why it wasn't used. I'd read a book that said "Don't Panic" on the cover.
truespeed
I always associate the words don't panic with the coldplay song of the same name.

deanhills
That's a fantastic video Truespeed. Really enjoyed it! The rush of the water right at the beginning of the song was awesome! Sort of soothing until panic sets in. Cool