FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Australia banning games

XchaosX
So it seems Australia's rating system has been getting extremely strict they have already banned State of Decay Dead Island Riptide and Sanits Row IV what's ur guys take on this
Laro696
This is ridiculous. By banning the games they are just creating a bigger hype and nothing is stopping the users to import the games
RoylanM
Damn, AU got some problems if they are banning games, what did games do to them. Soon importing video games will be like drug trafficking, I can image "hey man you got the saucer" "yeah, you got the print". This is too ridiculous, I laughed as soon as I saw the topic title.
Peterssidan
I don't know anything about these games but as long as it's fiction I think it is wrong to ban them.
75alex
I think they are starting to get less and less strict about that, for instance Saints Row IV will be released there, just in a less violent version. However at release they banned games like Left 4 Dead II, or even Risen Shocked
The reason for that severity is that Australia did not have an 18+ rating for games before the end of 2011, maximum was 15+, so games with a bit of sexual content or lot of violence did not receive classification !
catscratches
75alex wrote:
I think they are starting to get less and less strict about that, for instance Saints Row IV will be released there, just in a less violent version.
I don't see how that's any indication of the ratings being less strict. Rather, it's an indication that the developers went out of their way to edit the game to be suitable for an Autralian release, just like it's common to do for German releases. Doesn't mean the German ratings aren't incredibly strict, quite the opposite.
75alex
I mean they are still too strict, but at least the game is released, a couple of years back it would never have been Wink