FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are your favorite summer drinks?

lovescience
codegeek
I really like a cold glass of lassi. It has curd, ice cream, dry fruits, and ice. It's sort of like a milkshake.
deanhills
Agreed. Lassi is great. Except here where I am in Dubai it doesn't come with ice cream and dried fruits.
grofet
I like ordinary water or tea without sugar and without ice for summer
Nyasro
Any thing that makes me cool.
manfer
summer, winter, autumn and spring

fresh water
watersoul
Depends what I'm doing.
Relaxing in the sun at a beachside bar for example then a cold pint of cider with friends doesn't get much better.
Throughout today though, while working like a dog under a beating sun, I drank 6 litres of water.
I wanted nothing else and it made me realise how much I take clean drinking water for granted sometimes in my 'first world problems' life.
raaeft1
I love iced tea,RoohAfza, drinks made of mangoes,green apples and beer.
bukaida
My favorite summer drinks include-

Lassi

Green Coconut water

Fresh lime water

Sometimes a can of coke (medium cooled)

and lots and lots of WATER.
RoylanM
During the summer I like to to drink martinis or cocktail or two. They put me on "cool down mode" after a long and stressful day.
Insanity
I like cocktails too in the summer time. It depends on where I am though. If I'm on vacation in some island country, drinks like Mai Tai, Pina Colada, Daquiri would be best. Otherwise if I'm just at home something refreshing like a Gin and Tonic woul dbe great.
Cosmoslayer
All I need is a glass of cold water. Very Happy
mshafiq
I like to drink mango milkshake with crushed ice and cranberry juice.
deanhills
I have to force myself to drink water, otherwise my current drink of choice is lemon juice (during the day time as a thirst quencher).
playfungames
My favorite summer drink used to be coca cola. I drank like an entire bottle of it in a day. Now I am cutting down on soft drinks. I think now my favorite summer drink would be orange juice or just water with ice. Even ice tea sounds nice.
sysna
Cold water of course but sometimes carbonated lemon juice is good to which tastes just great and is very good for your health when you come home in a hot day.
spinout
hm, alcohol drinks are beer n lime drinks... but they go all the year...

non alcohol may be like coca cola, trocadero (ginger ale), and orange still drinks!
Peterssidan
Not sure if water qualify as a drink but I prefer normal water without bubbles, ice, lime, cucumber or anything else that they often like to put in in restaurants. Exception is if the water has a bad taste for some reason e.g. high levels of calcium.
codegeek
deanhills wrote:
Agreed. Lassi is great. Except here where I am in Dubai it doesn't come with ice cream and dried fruits.

Yeah, those are optional. They also put bananas. Tastes heavenly when the proportions are right.
deanhills
I should be drinking more water. Most of my liquid is in the form of tea and coffee. I also enjoy fruit juices like lemon juice.
Peterssidan
deanhills wrote:
I should be drinking more water. Most of my liquid is in the form of tea and coffee. I also enjoy fruit juices like lemon juice.

I read in another thread that you where in a hot place so isn't it just making it worse drinking hot drinks like tea and coffee? Or is there no cold water available. I could see why you would choose tea if the only alternative is hot water.
manfer
Peterssidan wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I read in another thread that you where in a hot place so isn't it just making it worse drinking hot drinks like tea and coffee? Or is there no cold water available. I could see why you would choose tea if the only alternative is hot water.

Both tea and coffee can be served cold. It is not mandatory to drink them hot.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Sounds weird doesn't it, until you live here and are spending almost 100% of your time in an air-conditioned environment. I'm freezing at work, believe it or not! However, when I've been outside, like I have been this morning, I needed a really COLD beverage, which turned out to be strawberry juice, which was the only "juice" they had in our cafeteria apart from the sodas. They were out of stock of real juice because Ramadan is starting tomorrow, and cafeteria at work will be closed for the whole of that period. The juice I had below is not too sweet, with a high water content, and did the trick:
william
As cliche as it may be, I quite fancy a nice, cold, tall glass of lemonade during the summer. Otherwise, I'm primarily drinking cold water.

Additionally, I do enjoy picking a bunch of random fruits and throwing them in a blender full of ice. Some of the results are thin and sour, but others are exquisitely refreshing. Very Happy
johans
lovescience wrote:

COKE COLA Very Happy
Radar
Exactly the same as my winter drinks, just in different quantities.
sudipbanerjee
My favourite summer drinks:

Lassi
Green coconut water
Lemon Juice
and obviously water.
BigGeek
In general throughout the year I only drink coffee, green tea, and water. Typically a half gallon of water or more a day, and in the summer time a lot more water.

Not sure what Lassi is?

I do partake in a beer every now and again and one thing that goes down nicely toward the end of a hot summer day is an ice cold beer. I prefer the lighter beers in the summer time, like lagers. But any beer as long as it is ice cold will do.

Typically not a soda drinker they upset my stomach, maybe a ginger ale or 7up every now and again but almost never.

7up - No caffeine Never had it never will
Beer - No Caffeine Never had it never will!!!! Cool
Marcuzzo
when it's hot I like to drink hot drinks like coffee or tea.
but for fresh drinks I like a good old pint of beer or when in a cocktail mood a caipirinha ( be carefull with those, the ice and the lime will mess up your stomach if you exaggerate)
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
when in a cocktail mood a caipirinha ( be carefull with those, the ice and the lime will mess up your stomach if you exaggerate)
I'm unfamiliar with this one, next time when I'm in an adventuresome state of mind, will try it out. But yes, those things never really agree with me either.

I'm on holiday in Vancouver, and for the last three days have literally hiked for miles and miles. This afternoon I was dying of thirst, but just couldn't get any where to find something. Eventually landed at a place where I had a very tall lemonade - freshly made, with plenty of ice. Now that hit the spot in a major way.
RosenCruz
All cold...

Lemonade

Coke

Beer
Vanilla
I see that a lot of you like Coca cola. Oh well... I'm addicted to it. I drink it all year round. When I'm not drinking coke, I drink buckets of caffeinated drinks such as iced mate tea or milktea (cold milk blended with iced mate tea and some ice), which is just delicious. Sometimes I drink beer, but tis very rare.

deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
when in a cocktail mood a caipirinha ( be carefull with those, the ice and the lime will mess up your stomach if you exaggerate)
I'm unfamiliar with this one, next time when I'm in an adventuresome state of mind, will try it out. But yes, those things never really agree with me either.

Caipirinha, Marcuzzo? Have you ever came to Brazil? Very Happy

To those who don't know, caipirinha is a Brazilian symbol, a national cocktail made with [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cachaça]cachaça[/url], sugar, ice and lime. I like it very much but I like to use vodka instead of cachaça (it's a bit more expensive but it's worth it).
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:

To those who don't know, caipirinha is a Brazilian symbol, a national cocktail made with [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cachaça]cachaça[/url], sugar, ice and lime. I like it very much but I like to use vodka instead of cachaça (it's a bit more expensive but it's worth it).
Thanks for explaining this to us Vanilla. Anything with ice, lime and sugar is a great start for me in any mix. Definitely will try it out next time there is an opportunity.
standready
mmmmm - beer!
Nyasro
But best is cool water Smile which makes all of us cool in summer.
Insanity
Beer is also a great drink for the summer. In fact, I'd say it's great anytime at all, but it's very refreshing so anytime during the day or year it is hot it would be a great drink to down.
colinhodepapai
I'm a brazilian guy an my fovorite drink is: Tangirosca Nevada
Marcuzzo
Vanilla wrote:
I see that a lot of you like Coca cola. Oh well... I'm addicted to it. I drink it all year round. When I'm not drinking coke, I drink buckets of caffeinated drinks such as iced mate tea or milktea (cold milk blended with iced mate tea and some ice), which is just delicious. Sometimes I drink beer, but tis very rare.

deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:

Caipirinha, Marcuzzo? Have you ever came to Brazil? Very Happy

Hi Vanilla, I haven't but one day I will. Maybe in a few years.
The first time that I actually drank a caipirinha was on my honeymoon on Cabo Verde and I've been hooked ever since.
Deline
Lemonade andd Açaí!
Vanilla
Marcuzzo wrote:
Hi Vanilla, I haven't but one day I will. Maybe in a few years.
The first time that I actually drank a caipirinha was on my honeymoon on Cabo Verde and I've been hooked ever since.

Feel free to visit us now that the protests are (practically) over. Then you can come over to my house and enjoy some caipirinha with feijoada. Very Happy
playfungames
Cold Coffee sounds nice enough for the summer. I also like Pomegranate Juices.
seany
lovescience wrote:

I freeze any leftover tea/coffee into icecubes and have them the next day.
Hello_World
latte frapuccinos are nice, orange/pineapple juice, lime spiders
Afaceinthematrix
During the summer I like to drink Hefeweizens and light lagers. IPAs are still my favorite style of beer but during the summer I'll sometimes put the IPA aside for a light lager or a Hef. During the winter, I'll sometimes put the IPA aside for a porter or stout. During the fall, I'll sometimes put the IPA aside for an Oktoberfest or pumpkin ale. I hate spring beers. Beer is my drink of choice which is why all of my drink choices were beer. I do like, in the summer, a lager mixed with lemonade. And, of course, between each of these seasonal beers I have to throw in an IPA.
bogisha
Beer is my favorite summer drink... And beer is also my favorite autumn drink... and winter... Well beer is my favorite drink in general. Cheers!
vpnvpnvpn
Cocal cola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ethan_brown
Cold coffee is my all time favourite summer drink.
DanielMartin1
All depends on mood and type of work i am doing . Mostly i prefer cocktail.
pravojednostavno
hot coffee, hot tea, apple cider and wine are the best drinks for 365 days a year Razz
Sylin
seany wrote:
lovescience wrote:

That sounds very good, maybe I'll try that o.o

I regularly had tea like Earl Grey (lightly sugared and stirred only before adding the tea bag) or Chrysanthemum (great both hot and cold)

In summer, coconut shake will do nicely for me Smile
deanhills
Sylin wrote:
seany wrote:
lovescience wrote:

That sounds very good, maybe I'll try that o.o

I regularly had tea like Earl Grey (lightly sugared and stirred only before adding the tea bag) or Chrysanthemum (great both hot and cold)

In summer, coconut shake will do nicely for me Smile
The preparation of the tea sounds like a perfected art. Does it go with just the right cup as well? Razz
Sylin
I always had them in a mug although I would like to try one in a fine china once I move out of the student life and settle down at some place Smile
ratanegra
Ooooh, when I went to Margarita (a beautiful island in Venezuela) I asked the bartender to recommend me a drink and he gave me something called Caipiriña. I think it was a mixture of lemon, vodka and water? I'm not really sure, but it was one of the greatest drinks I have ever consumed.
deanhills
Sylin wrote:
I always had them in a mug although I would like to try one in a fine china once I move out of the student life and settle down at some place Smile
Ah right. Can just see that pinkie at the exact right angle as you're raising the cup for a delicate sip. Very Happy
oliviafoster01
Frosty Raspberry-Lime Margarita packed with raspberries is my favourite summer drink.
sysna
Cold Water ! it is just better than any other drink for a thirsty human, also now there is nothing better than a cup of hot coffee .
jackbreat
My favorite summer drinks are Cold Butter Lassi and Fresh lime water...Its really soft and healthy drinks ..Both drinks are good for health.it refresh the mind full day...
Aliciawillems
in summer season i like soft drinks.. My Favorite drink is lassi and lot of cold water ..i drinking lot of Lassi then i feel relax ..because its main benefit is get rid of internal body heated ..
carleyadriana
my summer favorite drinks are Mangoshake,Lassi and iced Fresh Lemon water ....These are really soft and tasty drinks..
mikeperhem1
Margarita

The classic tequila cocktail also has lime juice, sugar, and Cointreau. The salt rim is optional; use fleur de sel if you want to get fancy.
Pippo90
Chinotto, an Italian drink made of bitter oranges.
oliviafoster01
My favorite summer drink is Mojito Limeade ( It's muddled in at the beginning with mint leaves, added to the lime-mint syrup, then poured in with rum and club soda at the end. )
Aliciawillems
My favorite summer drinks are lot of cold water ,cold tea and Cold Butter lassi..drinking these drinks feel relax and fresh in whole day....
jackbreat
I dont like Summer Season..Full time frustrated heat waves..i like Fresh lime water,Cold Lassi ,Mangoes Shake and cold Banana Shake...These drinks are my favorite ...
infinitude
Normally iced beer would be perfect for daytime. Scotch on the rocks fits me for night.
chartcentral
Halo-halo or ice-cold shake should keep me cool in the summertime! Smile
carleyadriana
Ultimate Rum Punch, The combination of ingredients makes it strong but easy to drink. It's definitely the "ultimate" punch recipe.

kevinwade01
The Ultimate Ketel One Lemonade is my favorite summer drinks
chatrack
sudipbanerjee wrote:
My favourite summer drinks:

Lassi
Green coconut water
Lemon Juice
and obviously water.

I also like Lassi, So cool for summer days
TurtleShell
My favorite summer drink is definitely iced tea! On a hot day NOTHING hits the spot when I'm thirsty. Next in line would be beer. BUt I just can't get over how muhc I love iced tea.
CreativeVeganCooking
My favorite summer beverage would be smoothie (so cold and satisfying), blueberry soup (yum!), and lemonade (too much sugar:(
kaysch
lovescience wrote:

water
diet Coca Cola
fruit juices
cold beer
caipirinha - I remember I had one when I was on vacation in Rio, a great summer drink.

I don't have any alcohol during the day. In my opinion alcoholic drinks are best in the evening.
pravojednostavno
Water, white wine and cold beer
supowski
Cold beer is just perfect for summer.
jurajcsa
Chardonnay from south america.
sudipbanerjee
Lassi and Mango juice.
Insanity
A nice cold beer would do it for me. Nothing beats just downing an ice cold beer in the middle of sweltering heat. Most cocktails would do the trick too.
cybersa
I mostly prefer to drink these cool drinks two than coke.
Slice or Maaza.
Both are mango flavor.