FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like rhubarb?

jajarvin
In my yard is growing a set of rhubarb.
I make rhubarb juice. It tastes wonderful. Rhubarb pie is also tasty.

Do you like rhubarb?
What foods are using rhubarb?

PS. An effective medicinal plant rhubarb keep up the slopes of the Urals,
and transported to the Mediterranean along the Volga, the barbarians River - Rha Barbarum.
Peterssidan
I have eaten rhubarb pie at least once but that was 10-15 years ago so I don't remember how it tasted but I know I liked it.
deanhills
Rhubarb is supposed to be very healthy for you. Here's some information about the nutrition of rhubarb:
http://www.rhubarb-central.com/medicinal-rhubarb.html

There are some claims of medicinal benefits as well. The roots are used in traditional Chinese medicines to treat stomach problems, constipation, and as a poultice for fevers and swelling.
http://www.rhubarb-central.com/rhubarb-nutrition.html
kaysch
There is an ice cream shop close to my office. If the weather is nice enough, my colleagues and I go there to have dessert after lunch. And their rhubarb flavour is one of my favourites, together with licorice and all sorts of berries. Yummy.
Preparing it seems to be more difficult, though. I have never done it, but I hear that all one needs to do is to peel off the skin and eat it, preferably with sugar as it is pretty sour. Alternative, there is rhubarb juice (which is also one of my favourite non-alcoholic drinks) or rhubarb jam. But I think to get juice or jam one needs to cook rhubarb. I think all those grannies present in this forum will be able to give us more insight into the recipes... Smile
Anyway, to sum it up: Yes, rhubarb is great, especially in summer! It's healthy and so refreshing.
watersoul
Rhubarb, YUK!
If I was starving then of course I'd munch away and learn to love it's life giving sustenance, but outside of such a circumstance, nope, I avoid it.