FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hobbie reading world news daily.

abhinavm24
anyone?
Peterssidan
I read news online almost every day (well, at least the headlines) but I have never seen it as a hobby. More of a habit, and maybe even a bad habit because it's not always very uplifting and I could probably have spent that time on something better.
Ankhanu
I receive my news tangentially; I rarely read or watch it myself
LxGoodies
I always read paper newspapers. Two per day.

When I participate on political forums, online.. In tend to google for news and copy paste what I need.

So I don't read news websites, I prefer to read from paper. I don't have an e-reader, I read books.

Smile Lx
Mr_Howl
Peterssidan wrote:
I read news online almost every day (well, at least the headlines) but I have never seen it as a hobby. More of a habit, and maybe even a bad habit because it's not always very uplifting and I could probably have spent that time on something better.

Ha, I see it the same way. I feel like I must read the news. I don't like falling behind on current events.
Radar
I read tech news by and large. Other news I receive purely through other people talking about it in one way or another.
grofet
I just open some local news site but not everyday since sometimes i don't have much time to read hot world news. Most of the news is local news, so i don't know much about what happen in the world right now. We live on the planet with a lot of conspiracy, so we don't know much the truth happen on earth. Some news is fake news to drive our perception about something. Some news media like to hide the truth and tell lies to the public.
Nick2008
I enjoy reading about various developments around the world. I believe it's very important for people to be informed about events that affect others and humanity as a whole. I always read and cross-check information from multiple news sites around the globe to get a better perspective. Over time, you become an expert at weeding out bias in news articles and thereby becoming an educated, objective person.

I can't really go a day without reading a news article, in fact I have multiple news apps on my phone that send multiple updates everyday.

Peterssidan wrote:
More of a habit, and maybe even a bad habit because it's not always very uplifting and I could probably have spent that time on something better.

I agree with you Peterssidan. Most of our news today likes to focus on negativity rather than positivity. Probably for ratings, but you're right, most of the good things go unreported.
fuzzkaizer
i regularily read some world news in foreign language, but my goal is rather to exercise that language, it is not so much out of passion for the news. of course, the secondary effect is beeing informed about things going on there, and that's something positive, too, of course. As for the news, i think i could easily pass half a year without hearing any news... i had a grandfather who, after he had retired, watched the news all day long on television, switching between a several channels to get the news out of as many as possible perspectives. i guess he had sort of an obsession for that, it was quite more than a habit...
mshafiq
i am reading daily world news.I can not live without this.this is good and free source of world knowledge.You have great awareness what is going on around you in the world and you participate in different conversation topic and share your ideas and who knows that that you have a greatest ideas about any thing that could change life of any person or could change the world.
mshafiq
i am reading daily world news.I can not live without this.this is good and free source of world knowledge.You have great awareness what is going on around you in the world and you participate in different conversation topic and share your ideas and who knows that that you have a greatest ideas about any thing that could change life of any person or could change the world.
jajarvin
I read news online every day. I use yahoo.com. To me it is the best source of news.
mshafiq
I am also reading world news daily.Little knowledge about what is going on around me.i thinks this is very good habit.you should have world knowledge.If by chance any one discuss some thing you can participate in that discussion with confidence.i like to have knowledge.This think can not come with out thirst.if you are thirsty for knowledge,for sure you can get it.