FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New CMS - ToendaCMS - No database necessary!

ChunkyBustout
(I hope this is not spam - I'm just excited)

ToendaCMS is new (to me anyway) and doesn't require a databse but can use one it wanted. Otherwise, it uses an XML flat-file as a database. Here is some more info from the web page itself...

Quote:
Technology
toendaCMS dives you a browser based administration of content and layout. It is complete platform independent and supports with its own SQL abstractionlayer different database systems.

* Browser based administration of content and layout
* Platform independent: Linux/UNIX, BSD, Windows9x - Vista, MacOS(X), etc.
* PHP4 and PHP5 support
* XML-Database with XML-Parser
* SQL Abstraction Layer
* Components API for simple development of own Plugins
* etc.

Supported Database Server
You can use toendaCMS with many database systems. Officiell support is at this time for the two big open-source database systems MySQL and PostgreSQL. But you can use toendaCMS also with a XML flatfile database.

* XML flat file
* MySQL
* postgreSQL
* SQLite (unofficiell)
* Microsoft SQL Server (unofficiell)

The site can be located at http://www.toenda.com/en . There isn't much documentation to be found on it but the forum is available for support even though most of that is in German. Still, I'm giving it a try as we speak. I find it has a bit of a learning curve but so so most CMS packages.

Have fun and I hope you find it useful!
Dino
i use mambo ( now renamed to joomla )
gamo
ChunkyBustout wrote:
(I hope this is not spam - I'm just excited)

ToendaCMS is new (to me anyway) and doesn't require a databse but can use one it wanted. Otherwise, it uses an XML flat-file as a database. Here is some more info from the web page itself...

Quote:
Technology
toendaCMS dives you a browser based administration of content and layout. It is complete platform independent and supports with its own SQL abstractionlayer different database systems.

* Browser based administration of content and layout
* Platform independent: Linux/UNIX, BSD, Windows9x - Vista, MacOS(X), etc.
* PHP4 and PHP5 support
* XML-Database with XML-Parser
* SQL Abstraction Layer
* Components API for simple development of own Plugins
* etc.

Supported Database Server
You can use toendaCMS with many database systems. Officiell support is at this time for the two big open-source database systems MySQL and PostgreSQL. But you can use toendaCMS also with a XML flatfile database.

* XML flat file
* MySQL
* postgreSQL
* SQLite (unofficiell)
* Microsoft SQL Server (unofficiell)

The site can be located at http://www.toenda.com/en . There isn't much documentation to be found on it but the forum is available for support even though most of that is in German. Still, I'm giving it a try as we speak. I find it has a bit of a learning curve but so so most CMS packages.

Have fun and I hope you find it useful!

No database is an risky things. All one who access host can read XML file. And application will slow if the content of it become larger.
amaudy
Quote:
No database is an risky things. All one who access host can read XML file. And application will slow if the content of it become larger

I agree with you.

I have experience in text database (useing Perl for interpreter) it have problem when you want to make somthing secret.
mustaq
well seem very good i will trythis service hope there provide good support like mambo
free33
It's demo look like Wordpress!

http://demo.opensourcecms.com/toendacms/

Thanks for sharing and I will try it
Ironz
this new CMS seems nice, although i don't like these xml flat file database systems. they are small and fast (if small) but they lack all the great functionnalities of the sql databases. i would never in my life give up on the option to query a database whatever the motives where, after all, a database is made to be easily searchable, modifiable and most important of all, to be organized.
djclue917
Dino wrote:
i use mambo ( now renamed to joomla )

Mambo is not Joomla! and vice-versa. They are two distinct open source CMSs...