FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unsolicited messages.

nickfyoung
I had three private messages today from a lady who wants to interact with me. Is this usual behavior for here or do we have some sort of screening process to not allow it. Is it appropriate for a site such as this. Are there any other members getting similar messages. Just wondering.
rjraaz
I THINK, its not usual here. May be that lady really wants to interact with and discuss something in private. Or may be she is spammer depends on what type of message he sent you.
nickfyoung
rjraaz wrote:
I THINK, its not usual here. May be that lady really wants to interact with and discuss something in private. Or may be she is spammer depends on what type of message he sent you.

She wants me to contact her by email so she can show me her picture and start a relationship, or so i gathered.
rjraaz
She is spammer, you can report her by pressing report user button below his name, if she is frihost user. I am pretty sure she newuser here and intentionally make his account here to spam the forum.
sonam
Never give your e-mail to anyone if you are not trust him/her especially if this person are not long term and regular member on forum. But this members will never ask for your e-mail. Wink
By the way she can upload images on server and give link to you, isn't it? Why she need your e-mail?

Right answer is:
FOR SPAM Smile

Sonam
Klaw 2
I'm not sure but i don't think it's even a woman, just someone (right now I'm picturing a shirtless fat guy for some reason...) who is out for email adresses...
Ankhanu
Quote the messages and send them to a moderator. After quoting the message, there is a button by the recipient's name to change the target user; use that to send it to a mod.

watersoul
Haha, just checked my inbox and got a similar message from a member who joined on the 15th June, obviously spam Nick, just delete it like I have!

In 7 years of being here my inbox goes to 2 pages of messages and 1% of quota.
Anyone asking for private email is questionable at best if you have no real reason not to communicate through PM's.

...fat, hairy, bare-chested old guy will have to miss out this time from me Laughing

*Edit*
Just searched the email address and message from mine and found exactly as typed at this site: http://www.nigeriannation.com/people/saatyaki/comments.aspx
Definitely spam, and the Nigerian thing doesn't surprise me... "please transfer X many thousands into your account" blah blah, they're quite old hat now really.
deanhills
I received the same last week, and just deleted the PM. My one and only opportunity to delete SPAM! Dancing
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
I received the same last week, and just deleted the PM. My one and only opportunity to delete SPAM! Dancing

Congratulations! for having that much great opportunity, but I am that much lucky. Laughing
sonam
I am jealous. I didn't get any spam in my inbox. Razz

Sonam