FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email Distribution & Server Issues?

inoshi
Hi,

Recently I've been having some trouble with my email distributions (from phpList), not sure why. This is happening even on a small list where I know every email is valid, and makes me wonder if something server side is off, and also it never used to happen. Crying or Very sad

For some email addresses the mail server appears to retry every 15 minutes for many hours, possibly days, as viewed on the email usage page in Direct Admin. The retries count towards my limit, which causes other email to fail with 'unroutable address' when that limit is reached.

As there doesn't appear to be any practical way of knowing how many retries are occuring, can they be reduced, say to only 2 or 3, and then treat the address as having failed, or don't include the retries in the daily limit?

Anybody?

Thanks,

Inoshi
deanhills
You must be on Server 1? Some of the cPanel functions of Server 1 that got compromised during a hacking several weeks ago have not been fully restored yet. Bondings still needs to do his magic on those.

If it is a Server 1 issue, suggest you mention it in the Server 1 Problems thread as well.
inoshi
deanhills wrote:
You must be on Server 1? Some of the cPanel functions of Server 1 that got compromised during a hacking several weeks ago have not been fully restored yet. Bondings still needs to do his magic on those.

If it is a Server 1 issue, suggest you mention it in the Server 1 Problems thread as well.

No, not hosted on Server 1. The problem seems resolved after I posted about it, so I think somebody made a reset somewhere on something somehow! Thanks to whoever!