FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tigers vs Lions

theShadow
There are a lot of arguments on this subject on the web. Figured, might as well bring it down here to FH. Personally, I've always adored both of these magnificent beasts. There are days I fantacize about being a rich guy someday and perhaps petting one of these two big cats. Here's where I can't make my mind up. Which one of these two animals walking besides me will make me look more powerful?

The two animals haven't shared a common habitat for centuries now and its hard to determine who would win in a Natural combat.

So, judging by appearance, ferocity & every other crap Laughing you big cat enthusiasts can think of, who would win?
Lions vs Tigers
Peterssidan
Not sure I like the idea of lions and tigers as pets, but I think a tiger would win if they fight. Mostly because tigers are larger and they are more used to hunt alone. Lions often hunt in groups.
fuzzkaizer
that would also be my guess, but might a fight also depend on the subspecie of tiger? - the biggest one, the sibirian tiger, is bigger than lions, of course.
fuzzkaizer
on the other hand, if you ask which animal will make you LOOK more powerful, i'd say it was the lion, not becaus of it's physical strenght, but more because of it's mighty lazy aristocratic reputation as the 'king of the animals' in fables and tales.
codegeek
I like lions. If you've watched the Animal face off on the Discovery channel, you know that a lion is slightly more powerful than a tiger even in a one-on-one setting. Of course, being a social creature tips the balance clearly in the lion's favour. As Peterssidan said, I don't really think keeping wild animals as pets is a very good idea, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely go for a lion.
theShadow
Very Happy
standready
I will just compromise and say a unnatural cross >> liger
jajarvin
Finland coat of Arms:

D'Artagnan
tigers, lions can be killed by ostriches pff
Ramil
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
dude_xyx
I like Lion. looks more majestic ! xD
pravojednostavno
I like Lion - is the king of the jungle
Nyasro
i like tigers because of their stips on body
which make them attractive
markharris
Tigers will win because they have qualities as lion has but they also own cats qualities.
pravojednostavno
lion is a king of animals, as they say...
i'd like to have a tiger, they are like cats, just very huge
Insanity
For some reason I thought this was going to be a sports team debate...
Blaster

Looks pretty bad ass to me.
Klaw 2
pravojednostavno wrote:
I like Lion - is the king of the jungle

Lions live in the savanna not in the jungle -_-'
Pippo90
I have always known that tigers would prevail in a fight, so my vote goes to them! Very Happy

I also found this Wikipedia page which is totally dedicated on the subject (and agrees with me Cool ): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_versus_lion
grofet
I like tiger
We have several wild tiger in the jungle in my country
The tiger is indangered species with many people try to hunt them.
Maybe cat can win against the tiger or lion with some tricks
Nothing is impossible and anything is possible in this world
vagelis3
i like tiger more....
sudipbanerjee
Royal Bengali Tiger is best.
codersfriend
Blaster wrote:

Looks pretty bad ass to me.

Lol I just saw this yesterday. The tiger looks cute though.
codersfriend
Someone who lived nearby also took care of a tiger, a panther, and an ostrich. The owner seems to be a very rich person. The animals were all caged. But it was scary to know that there were wild exotic pets nearby
jamesparker
I like both, but tiger has more flexibility and skills then lion. but lion seems so graceful. Smile
Blaster
Codersfriend I agree he seems cool. I wish I could own myself a cool ass tiger. Caging it though wouldn't be fun and I wouldn't want to do that. I want it to be a house pet like this one.

I've never been a cat person but I always said if I had to own a cat it would be a tiger.
playfungames
I think tigers look more beautiful. They wouldn't be suitable for a pet but if you want to fantasize about having one of these animals, go for the tiger. It has such a beautiful body, big paws and some nice patterns on its body.

I agree that lions look awesome as well. The male ones with big manes that makes it look like a gracious creature. But the rest of it's body (leaving the head out), isn't that good looking. So go for tigers.
tonberry
codegeek wrote:
If you've watched the Animal face off on the Discovery channel, you know that a lion is slightly more powerful than a tiger even in a one-on-one setting.

Well then they haven't done their research properly Smile Tigers are bigger, stronger and equally fast. If you'd put a lion pack against a single tiger, of course they'd win, but 1v1, lion is dead 9/10. I don't have any sources to cite, because I have read about it long time ago and there aren't many historical references, but most of the existing ones paint tiger as the winner in those fights.

Both are beautiful creatures though, I love all those National Geographic/Animal Planet/BBC documentaries about them. Wouldn't want to come in direct contact with neither though Very Happy
mikatutorial
CATS ARE MORE CUTE Razz
apuech
I agree with mikatutorial