FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Information about old Radeon video cards.

Possum
I have an old ATI Radeon HD 4000 video card. I don't seem to be able to find out too much about it on the Radeon site. Do they eventually stop providing at least document support for their cards.
badai
usually they do not provide any documentation. only specs and driver. but eventually, those two things will be "archived" or remove completely from their site.
Possum
One day some hardware producer is going to document there product so well that their sales are going to increase...
badai
Possum wrote:
One day some hardware producer is going to document there product so well that their sales are going to increase...

on the contrary, they will shorten support life for their product so they can push new product and their sales are going to increase.

think about European vs Japanese/Korean cars and home appliances. obviously Japanese/Korean business model work brilliantly while European failed miserably, dragging their government down with them.
Possum
Quote:
on the contrary, they will shorten support life for their product so they can push new product and their sales are going to increase.

think about European vs Japanese/Korean cars and home appliances. obviously Japanese/Korean business model work brilliantly while European failed miserably, dragging their government down with them.

My GOD.. You are right for all the wrong reasons
sysna
after a graphic card gets old they will drop its official support but they mostly provide driver in each OS that comes later, your graphic card should face no driver problem in win 8 and it should being recognized by default without needing any driver.
crazyfffan
Possum wrote:
I have an old ATI Radeon HD 4000 video card. I don't seem to be able to find out too much about it on the Radeon site. Do they eventually stop providing at least document support for their cards.

First result from Google: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4000-series.aspx
It seems the card is still perfectly supported.