FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AstroTwister Live Wallpaper for Android! Frihost Original!

Did you download the software?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

IceCreamTruck
*Edit*
---------------------
It's live now, so go to the market!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astrotwister
---------------------

http://astrotwister.com/downloads/AstroTwister.com.apk

http://astrotwister.com/downloads/AstroTwister.jar <-- Desktop computer version of the same software (requires Java)

I'm so happy to announce that I completed version 1.0 of the AstroTwister Live Wallpaper! The planets can now spin on your android smartphone!

Calling all beta testers! Word to the wise that you should download it now, as this version might not always be free, or will have ads in the future as the project grows. Get in on the ground floor of this new app!

Feel free to comment or make suggestions here as I will be checking!

PS. A word to all you lovely frihosters is that this project was born right here on frihost many years ago! It started out as "space.frih.net" which is still currently live with the web version of the software. Play around and have fun on AstroTwister.com if you like the software and want to follow the progress!

PPS. Please do not move this announcement to the software forums, because it's about more than software! It's about this great community at FriHost and how being here has supported the project, and I want everyone to see what they are a part of, thanks.
deanhills
Thanks ICT. I'll try it out tonight on my desktop when I'm at home. Just to be extra cautious in case we're going to be astral traveling from our desktops .... Cool Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Thanks ICT. I'll try it out tonight on my desktop when I'm at home. Just to be extra cautious in case we're going to be astral traveling from our desktops .... Cool Very Happy

The best view is on your phone background! I'm loving carrying my project around in my pocket. It doesn't affect battery, and the operation of the phone either. Overall I'm extremely pleased with version 1.0
standready
Think it will work on my andriod tablet?
IceCreamTruck
standready wrote:
Think it will work on my andriod tablet?

It should work just fine as I tested it on my tablet.

It's not perfect, and displays funny on some android systems. Just download the "apk" file and try it out. You will need to turn on unknown sources for applications as it's not on the market yet, but there is nothing in this app that can harm your system or steal your information or valuables.

I'm working to get the final version ready still, but wanted to share what i had going at this point. There is already a newer version with a starry background, and slightly reworked planet images. I'm ironing out bugs one at a time.

I still need to rework the math before I put it on the market. I'm gathering the numbers in the only way I knew how at the time, but I'm running into a display issue on some systems. After I fix that and go over the whole project again in detail I will actually release version 1.0 to the market.
IceCreamTruck
I got the bugs worked out! Smile It's in final review before going live on the market!
IceCreamTruck
You will want to download the app again from my website as some major changes have taken place before release! http://AstroTwister.com/downloads/AstroTwister.com.apk

I'm super excited, and I can't wait to get this live on the Play store tomorrow! Smile I'm not sure how long app review takes these days, but when it's live I'll let you guys know so you can support this growing frihosted project!

Please remember to rate the app, but remember it's taken years to complete this project. Please don't discount the rating for features you'd like to see, but rate what it is, and shoot me a message and I'll work on updating the app with user supplied feedback and suggestions.

Thanks again for your support! I love you guys! Dancing
IceCreamTruck
It is now published! Smile https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astrotwister&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hc3Ryb3R3aXN0ZXIiXQ..
IceCreamTruck
I'm already between 10 - 50 downloads, which is better than my other app did, as it just loaded my website, and had no marketing at all.

Please go and download it to your phones, so hopefully it will catch on better than the last one! I need google to feature it.
IceCreamTruck
Downloads are leveling off, and will continue to do so without support! Please help by downloading and trying it out! You don't have to keep it on your android phone if you don't want to, as the download is the important statistic that I need right now.
IceCreamTruck
Calling all frihost android users to help support this project! Thanks for being awesome!

watersoul
Just installed, I like it, impressed.
No permissions requested by the app so all good, but I only seem to be seeing Sun Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter so far, perhaps I need to... Ah wait, here comes Saturn, haha! Love it ICT, nice one!!

I say support a fellow Frihoster, let's help get his download figures raised in the Play store if you have an android device Smile

*Edit*
Just shared to mates on facebook.
IceCreamTruck
Thanks, Watersoul! I really appreciate that! Because of how I had to develop it to suit the images it's smaller or larger on your device depending on the screen density. If it's really small then that's when being able to set the X and Y offset comes in handy because you might not want it centered on the screen.

Enjoy!
watersoul
I'm leaving it as it is, I like the idea of the gas giants slowly sneaking into my screen on their lonely path at the outskirts! Brilliant, have asked friends to share it on facebook as well, even if they don't want it, just do a favour and download from Play.
Impressed fella, good luck with it.
IceCreamTruck
watersoul wrote:
I'm leaving it as it is, I like the idea of the gas giants slowly sneaking into my screen on their lonely path at the outskirts!

Pluto may appear eventually! Smile I suggest you leave the solar system at an angle, or Pluto may only be visible in the corners from time to time. Default angle percentage is 30%. It's fun to play with different angles, though.

watersoul wrote:
Brilliant, have asked friends to share it on facebook as well, even if they don't want it, just do a favour and download from Play.
Impressed fella, good luck with it.

That is indeed very kind words, and very kind to have your friends share it! Greatly appreciated.

This project is a true frihost original, as it was born on space.frih.net which you can still go to and see my test server for the project at AstroTwister.com which is hosted elsewhere. I'll never take down my space.frih.net site, however, as it's the original birth place. I am thinking about putting a new face on it, but having a section that talks about the history of the project at AstroTwister.com, but I do want to use space.frih.net differently now.
watersoul
IceCreamTruck wrote:
This project is a true frihost original, as it was born on space.frih.net which you can still go to and see my test server for the project at AstroTwister.com which is hosted elsewhere. I'll never take down my space.frih.net site, however, as it's the original birth place. I am thinking about putting a new face on it, but having a section that talks about the history of the project at AstroTwister.com, but I do want to use space.frih.net differently now.

Such an excellent story ICT, gives the whole project a more real human feel.
I've always thought that Frihost is an amazing free hosting option for developer minds. I assume that when you joined up you needed the free hosting (as did I, a poor student back in 2006) so Frihost provided your creative avenue to present it.
There are some dedicated minds on Frihost and I hope it will continue to provide a place for people to digitally create without cash in the bank being an inhibitor.

...and yes, I can certainly see why http://space.frih.net is a special place in the server world to you, I agree Smile

*Edit*
NOW EVERYONE WITH AN ANDROID DEVICE GO HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT>>>
IceCreamTruck
Watersoul is the bomb! Smile
johans
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I'm already between 10 - 50 downloads, which is better than my other app did, as it just loaded my website, and had no marketing at all.

Please go and download it to your phones, so hopefully it will catch on better than the last one! I need google to feature it.

Wow! really?

I should try this at home and give you feedback if it is working. Thank you!
IceCreamTruck
johans wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Wow! really?

I should try this at home and give you feedback if it is working. Thank you!

Please do! I look forward to your feedback
IceCreamTruck
AstroTwister.com Live Wallpaper is now available via the Amazon app store! Smile

http://www.amazon.com/mkendallm-AstroTwister-com-Live-Wallpaper/dp/B00DJ7NWUQ/