FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Zombie Trojan

Ircher
I have a Trojan at Win32 with the name of Sirefef and it won't stop coming back even after removing it and its partner Trojans a million times while I have IE open. Help advise me on what to do about this Trojan; I keep trying to delete it but it won't work! It won't stop doing things I don't want it to - change search engine, annoying pop-ups, changing site locations, etc.
CHAOS-THEORY
Just install Avast; and MalwareBytes Anti Malware.... if u cant get them to work use Fixes. & next time use this simple thing we call a search engine GooGle - Sirfef trojan Delete
> Best Result : Sirfef Trojan ; Details & Cleaning
this is no Pub. If u wanna Skip just Download MBAM [ MalwareBytes Anti Malware ], Update & Scan.
PS : Next thing you should do after the cleaning : is Change all the accounts passwords you used while in Infection... dnt be like this is non sense
sujay85
Ircher wrote:
I have a Trojan at Win32 with the name of Sirefef and it won't stop coming back even after removing it and its partner Trojans a million times while I have IE open. Help advise me on what to do about this Trojan; I keep trying to delete it but it won't work! It won't stop doing things I don't want it to - change search engine, annoying pop-ups, changing site locations, etc.

As suggested in the above post. Install and scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and also uyou can use advanced malware removal tools.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1
Microsoft Safety Scanner
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
VIPRE Rescue
http://live.vipreantivirus.com/
HitmanPro
http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/
Ircher
I have User Account Controls, so I can't install anything without my mom's consent. Please find me something that doesn't need to be installed; thank you.
deanhills
Ircher wrote:
I have User Account Controls, so I can't install anything without my mom's consent. Please find me something that doesn't need to be installed; thank you.
Does your mom know there is a problem? As the best solution I see is for you to reformat your hard disk. If you don't have experience with that, get a technician to help you with it. He/she could help you and your mom to make proper back-ups of everything on your computer, and then fix the problem with a complete format of the hard disk. All of the software would have to be reinstalled of course and the technician could do that for you too. Then after that the technician may suggest the best way to protect your computer. I'd invest in either Norton's or Kaspersky. And in addition be careful with how I surf the Internet. Like setting up the options in your browsers so that they delete all cookies, history and temp files when you close the browsers. Be careful with using autocomplete text. Don't click on files that are attached to spam mail, or from people you don't know. I'd also be very careful with social networks like Facebook and Twitter, particularly when you click on any links.
Pande
... so ask permission? What happens to your account can affect hers if the trojan is good enough.
jdelfire
You can't do much when operating on a limited account.
Virus injects themselves in registry, system, tweaks permissions settings and sometimes mods the kernel.
codegeek
Malwarebytes and Spybot are very good for removing this sort of virus. I think you should get your mom's consent, install them, and run a scan as soon as possible.
CHAOS-THEORY
and try to stay disconnected from the internet until u fix your Problem. it doesnt take too long for an information to be transmitted from victime to server.
Ircher
Yeah, it keeps with the annoying popups and unwarranted page redirects; now it has outwitted Windows Defender; the only defence iI had!
CHAOS-THEORY
lol dude delete windows defender its useless.
Ircher
By the way, I blame Frihost.com and www.freewebsumbissions.com for getting that Trojan; not my fault absolutely.
Marcuzzo
Hi Ircher,

If you need your mom's permission to install things then I would suggest to inform her that you've got a virus on your machine and that you need to install a program to remove it.
unless you don't want your mother to find out that you've been visiting nasty sites Very Happy

but here's the thing. you don't need to install anything to remove any virus.
what you can do is download a rescue CD image, burn it onto a CD and boot your machine from that disk.
Because these resque CD's are Linux Live CD's, it will not install anything on the machine but instead it will run the software in mempory.
Since windows isn't started you don't need to worry about permissions and restrictions applied by the Windows system (UAC)

I've successfully removed several virusses on different PC's using this approach.

you can find a list of these Live distributions here

I've had good experiences with the Avira Antivir Rescue CD: Link

PS: In the future: don't use Internet explorer and ask your mother permission to install a good and free antivirus ( I'm using Comodo Internet security suite which is a Free Antivirus/Firewall combo)
and stay away from nasty sites, they will only get you in trouble Wink

EDIT:
didn't notice this post first...
Ircher wrote:
By the way, I blame Frihost.com and www.freewebsumbissions.com for getting that Trojan; not my fault absolutely.

how on earth can Frihost be to blame... ?
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
EDIT:
didn't notice this post first...
Ircher wrote:

how on earth can Frihost be to blame... ?
I'd like to know that too.

Thanks for the tip about the rescue CD image Marcuzzo. Wish I'd known about that a few years ago when something similar had happened to me.
andro27
The best way to remove trojan, virus etc is reinstall operating system.Yes ,if you wish stable system dothat and install some of linux distro. Linux is very safe operating system, little hard but is free.Try ubuntu or mint.
Marcuzzo
andro27 wrote:
Yes ,if you wish stable system dothat and install some of linux distro. Linux is very safe operating system, little hard but is free.Try ubuntu or mint.

this is a bold statement.
more and more linux malware is being created because more and more people are starting to use linux. and this mostly because the communities that create the images are making an effort to make their linux distro 'user' friendly.

and as for stable... I've had more crashes on my debian machine that on my windows machine. ( mostly my own fault)

'a' linux distro can be a dream but when something goes wrong... it hit's the fan and turns into your worst nightmare if you don't know what you are doing.
malaz
trojan :
start>run>msconfig > startup uncheck everything
restart your windows by clicking on the hardware bottom not on start shutdown

run your windows in safemode

don't open anything anymore no disk nothing don't touch any list

open autronremover :
and keep it searching

this will help to solve

Regards
The Syrian