FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

French rap

thibob
Do you know the french rap ? the real ? here many of them :

-LIM
-Rohff
-Booba
-Zeler
- Alibi montana
-Tandem

Check them, that's very good songs

Bye

(sorry for my english, i'm a french guy ) Wink
4patlar
Twisted Evil dont like RaP....Dont like french
JLC
I've heard that there was French Rap by my French Teacher, but i have never listened to French Rap. I'll see if i can ever listen to some of it and actually understand the words that they are saying.
idolztheunknown
Whoa, no ever brought up French rap before! That would be kind of funny to hear, French rapping, you know? Laughing
Zibé
I think that french is not as good as the rap US.
French rappers look like Calimero, they're always saying that
nobody is kind.

But some French bands aren't like that :
Assassin ( "l'homicide volontaire" is a very good album )
IAM ( "l'école du micro d'argent" )
Java with the Rap-musette
sylviakowalski
ohhh no rap is not my favourite, but sometimes the beat is really good. french rap is even worse.. and then polish rap is the worst!! lol its funny sometimes though, majority of the polish rappers are white- thats sad.
garvalf4
I don't like rap, it's a music which generally promote violence and sexism (you can often see guns and easy girls in they video clips)
Zibé
so try the underground rap, they're very good
( I can listen an album of Java, or Assassin after an album of Napalm death !)

The commercial rap is not rap... they haven't any political lyrics
like the first great rappers
gertjang
i don't like french rap and frensh hiphop, the only french rapgroup i can listen to is 'Manau'
JLC
garvalf4 wrote:
I don't like rap, it's a music which generally promote violence and sexism (you can often see guns and easy girls in they video clips)

But that's not what rap is all about.
shr3dd
Rap is used to commerically promote low morals and a violent lifestyle, also it demoralizes women. And that IS what rap is about. It's a high school popularity contest with narcissistic egomaniacs blabbering about nonsense. Frence people suck so I can imagine French rap is terrible with no exceptions.

What I say is right and there is no contradicting it. I don't care what you say.
No, I'm not closed minded, I just know the truth.
Tasukii
i don't like rap, but some of french rappers are good like er Mc Soolar....Disiz la Peste....Kool Shen....i think french rap is better than american one cauz well it's more social rap than gangsta rap, guns are prohibited so the rappers sing more about life and sutff like that than girls, cars and guns ^^
romano
well I don´t like rap.
But .... MC solar was an great rapper.
I don´t live in france.What happen with him.I don´t see MC a long time ago.
Great lyric.
Zibé
shr3dd wrote:
Frence people suck so I can imagine French rap is terrible with no exceptions.

what do you know about french people ???
Have you ever been in france ???
You don't know anything about France, so don't judge...
Granard
shr3dd wrote:
Frence people suck so I can imagine French rap is terrible with no exceptions.

shr3dd wrote:

Hum Rolling Eyes
ruff_ryder
I don't speak a word of french, but french rap is actually very much up to par with any other language, sometimes even better. IAM is just something I tend to keep around in my WinAmp playlist. Wink
jeremoi
When I was in France recently, I was reading and article about M. Pokora, who is more R&B than Rap and his main selling point that he was produced by Americans.

He is gangster squared.

Just a side note. In "Shobizz" he says <le dancefloor> but in the next single, "Elle me controle" he says <la dancefloor>. Crazy.
ApolloKid
shr3dd wrote:
And that IS what rap is about.

okay obviously you dont know anything about what it really is......

sylviakowalski wrote:
majority of the polish rappers are white- thats sad.

not really...something about hip hop that alot of people dont know is...it doesnt matter what race you are, as long as your music is good
Granard
jeremoi wrote:
When I was in France recently, I was reading and article about M. Pokora, who is more R&B than Rap and his main selling point that he was produced by Americans.

He is gangster squared.

Just a side note. In "Shobizz" he says <le dancefloor> but in the next single, "Elle me controle" he says <la dancefloor>. Crazy.

M.pokora is like Britney Spears or Linkin park, he doesn't have any skill, he just is a thing of the french showbiz
ruff_ryder
Granard wrote:
M.pokora is like Britney Spears or Linkin park, he doesn't have any skill, he just is a thing of the french showbiz

Ouch. How can you possibly compare a band/artist with Britney AND Linkin Park Question
Granard
M.pokora is not an artist, he is like britney spears and linkin park Wink
ruff_ryder
Well if he is like them, then he must be a musician, right?
sangook
shr3dd wrote:
Rap is used to commerically promote low morals and a violent lifestyle, also it demoralizes women. And that IS what rap is about. It's a high school popularity contest with narcissistic egomaniacs blabbering about nonsense. Frence people suck so I can imagine French rap is terrible with no exceptions.

What I say is right and there is no contradicting it. I don't care what you say.

first off, i can see u're from quebec side.... i know frech rap sucks in quebec cause they got an awful peasant accent right?
they dance like clowns mixing french and english and all that.. that's so miserable.

second, u have your ideas u've conceived but rap is not always about violence and sex. u've got the perfect examples in france cause the french rappers (in France, not in Quebec) deal with wat's going on in the society. that's cause they don't have the word because of oppression, lack of justice in the system. I hope u know wat happened in France recently.
In certain way, they're trying to tell people wat's wrong and wat has to be fixed and rap is the perfect way to express all that.

so i think u don't know the truth but u just assume u know it.
McIus
u all should start respecting peoples styles and opinions, and not discuss these stupid things on meaningless boards. French rap exists because some people LIKE french rap. Not so strange, hu? Lets leave it at that...

Power to the people!
sangook
I don't f***ing understand wat u're saying....

Quote:
respect styles and opinions and discuss these stupid things on meaningless boards

u're trying to say frihost has meaningless boards?
OR u think french rap is a stupid thing? (which doesn't make sense cause u just said we should respect styles and opinions)
SPEAK UP!!
neneehnoisnafita
I only know one music of rap French............

I would be that HEY HO......in Brazil only this I heard here to touch...
savabg
Actually ..... isnt k-maro a french rapper ? : ) I love most of his songs so yeah ... got nuttin against french rap ... actualyl sounds like something
Granard
Shredd why don't you answer?
ruff_ryder
I would be grateful if someone could post some sites related to french hip-hop...maybe even some demo tracks Wink
elekis
http://www.rap2k.com/rap-francais.html not the best but a good

from a guys who lives just nearest france (belguim)

the best rap on this time is Saian Supa Crew -->very good.

there are others like booba, 113 or a old group who is NTM. but generaly it's groove rap where you need (even for me) lyrics to understand.so it's not very commercial.

a++
IceCameron
The only rap i can listen to, all bow to french rap.
please.be.quiet
oh, i love french rap..but it sucks how it's so discriminated there. i'll only listen to french & british rap though, and maybe some electro rap, but none of that american stuff, it lacks originality.