FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Answer This

the_emissary
Someone who asked me this riddle wrote:
A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why?

If you guess it correctly like I did I will leave another. Food for your brain.
Cruxader
He's too short to reach the button for 10. On a rainy day, he can use an umbrella and can press the correct floor button. If people are in the elevator they can press it for him. Otherwise, he can only reach the 7 button and takes the stairs for the last three floors.

Is that correct?
Klaw 2
I'm sorry but this is a science forum and this isn't science... try the joke forum next time...
the_emissary
Science Council wrote:
Science is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world... Source: http://www.sciencecouncil.org/definition

@ Klaw The riddle was not meant to be funny, just to encourage thoughts and allow members to demonstrate their understanding of the natural word in this case. If I'm not allowed to try to get this kind of discussion going I will desist however.

@ Cruxader You are correct. Well done Very Happy