FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla website idea questions.

Cruxader
Hey all.

I just had a question for all you Joomla gurus out there.

I've gained pretty good experience as the main designer and administrator for a website that uses Joomla. I have SOME experience with HTML, but have found that Joomla is a very powerful and easier to use tool for creating websites than HTML. The more I've learned about it, the more I realize what it can do, or what it has the potential to do.

I'm curious to see if those of you who have more experience with Joomla would think it feasible to design a web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system with it? My "real" job is in healthcare and I have been amazed and appalled at the totally unintuitive setup and layout of most EMR systems currently employed. The fact that Joomla inherently uses MySql databases and the extensions I've looked at make me think it's quite possible to produce an EMR, but I wanted some other opinions from people who might know more about it than me.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
codersfriend
Depends on how you will develop the website. It seems that you will have to be creating components for your project. Joomla may be an easy setup but to get it work the way you want it to do, you will have to learn how to create plugins and components in joomla, which can come with a steep learning curve. But I would suggest you try frameworks such as codeigniter or yii if you would like to make a functional website.